I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Claude Balls

First off, I'm happier than a pig in chit that they got the win after blowing a two goal lead AGAIN.

Is Mark Mancari dating Lindy's daughter or something? Why do they keep giving him chances? He is an AHL lifer IMO. He looks the exact same in a Sabres uni nowadays as he did when they called him up from Rochester 4 years ago. I have not seen any improvement in his game whatsoever and he still won't hit anyone with that big frame. In the third period during that scurmish in front of the Wild net he backed down from Brunette. Yes, I said Brunette. Who knows what would've happened if McCormick wasn't there to take on that Stoner dude. I also saw him give the puck away quite a few times as well. He ended up with zero's across the board tonight, including SOG. If he was the best option from Portland, then the Sabres future doesn't look promising down on the farm.

I don't get it, the guy is built like a brick crap house and plays like a plastic porta-potty. The guy is a turd on skates. Flame away!!! ;)

First off, I'm happier than a pig in chit that they got the win after blowing a two goal lead AGAIN.

Is Mark Mancari dating Lindy's daughter or something? Why do they keep giving him chances? He is an AHL lifer IMO. He looks the exact same in a Sabres uni nowadays as he did when they called him up from Rochester 4 years ago. I have not seen any improvement in his game whatsoever and he still won't hit anyone with that big frame. In the third period during that scurmish in front of the Wild net he backed down from Brunette. Yes, I said Brunette. Who knows what would've happened if McCormick wasn't there to take on that Stoner dude. I also saw him give the puck away quite a few times as well. He ended up with zero's across the board tonight, including SOG. If he was the best option from Portland, then the Sabres future doesn't look promising down on the farm.

I don't get it, the guy is built like a brick crap house and plays like a plastic porta-potty. The guy is a turd on skates. Flame away!!! ;)

The obvious reason for the injury call-up is he is third in the AHL in scoring. He's earned it with his play in Portland. And for the life of me, I can't understand the need to start threads trashing injury call-ups when the team wins a big game and said player doesn't do anything in particular to hurt the team. But, that's just me. :D

He wasn't awful tonite. He didn't make any mistakes that I noticed. He wasn't ever beaten for a play. He didn't do anythning to bring positive attention either. I call it a wash.

He's probably up because he was the hot hand in Portland? Or because he has attributes that would most closely replace Grier? I don't know how you would think that Mancari is somehow a favorite of Lindy's. There have been quite a few who were called up before Mancari got the call.

He wasn't awful tonite. He didn't make any mistakes that I noticed. He wasn't ever beaten for a play. He didn't do anythning to bring positive attention either. I call it a wash.

He's probably up because he was the hot hand in Portland? Or because he has attributes that would most closely replace Grier? I don't know how you would think that Mancari is somehow a favorite of Lindy's. There have been quite a few who were called up before Mancari got the call.

Sounds like a reasonable assessment to me. The only thing I have to add to the original post is that it's skirmish, not scurmish.

Ok, so who would you bring up instead of mancari? Unless there is someone in portland who is better than that plastic porta-potty is unfortunately the best we got and he was terrible tonight.

Not a Mancari fan at all either, actually, i hate his game because of how soft he plays. But, tonight he was solid i thought. He worked hard along the boards and went to the net several times, which is one of his flaws in the past. Obviously the two other candidates for call up would be Luke Adam or Colin Stuart. But, Mancari has earned it apparently. I doubt they just call guys up at random or who they feel is "lucky" but it's probably asking Kevin Dineen about who has really been working hard and earning the chance at the big show....

The obvious reason for the injury call-up is he is third in the AHL in scoring. He's earned it with his play in Portland.

The problem with picking guys that lead the AHL is that they better be in their first year or they're probably just journeymen who learned to play well at that level (see Gage, Jody.) Mark is one of a long line of guys who are good in the AHL, but can't make the transition to the bigs, so they lead the AHL. He's alright for one game late in the season, when all you want is someone who won't hurt you covering some minutes, but call-ups early in the season are for players that they actually expect to be on the team in the next year or two.

Mancari to me is the second coming of Ales Kotalik. Big body who never uses it to be a true power forward. Great and hard slap shot allowing him to play point on the PP. Absolutely terrible defensively and is in fact a liability. He seems like he has all of the attributes of Ales Kotalik. He even wears #12 for the Sabres, Kotalik's old number. While Kotalik's having troubles getting a spot in an NHL lineup these days (and perhaps never should have been in the NHL to begin with), he has had a good NHL career and has been a consistent 20 goal scorer throughout most of his career until recently. My thought is if Kotalik can play in the NHL, why can't Mancari? If Kotalik never should have been in the NHL in the first place, hopefully the Sabres learned from that mistake and now that is impacting Mancari. I think they are the exact same player.

Did you see the way Minnesota plays? He may not be willing to use his body, but they sure as hell weren't going to call up one of the smurfs like Byron to play against that team. If he's currently playing the best game out of the big guys at the AHL level, he's the right call. You need to keep the message in those players heads that if they play well, they'll be first in line to get their chance at a call up.

The problem with picking guys that lead the AHL is that they better be in their first year or they're probably just journeymen who learned to play well at that level (see Gage, Jody.) Mark is one of a long line of guys who are good in the AHL, but can't make the transition to the bigs, so they lead the AHL. He's alright for one game late in the season, when all you want is someone who won't hurt you covering some minutes, but call-ups early in the season are for players that they actually expect to be on the team in the next year or two.

I agree with you 100%. Mancari has been a beast in the AHL for 5 years, but has never done anything in the bigs to earn more than a game or two call-up in those 5 years. How many chances does a player get before they realize he isn't NHL material? He is pushing 27 and seems to be at his prime. When I watched him play in Rochester, he was fairly physical. I don't know what happens to him when he gets to Buffalo.

I agree with you 100%. Mancari has been a beast in the AHL for 5 years, but has never done anything in the bigs to earn more than a game or two call-up in those 5 years. How many chances does a player get before they realize he isn't NHL material? He is pushing 27 and seems to be at his prime. When I watched him play in Rochester, he was fairly physical. I don't know what happens to him when he gets to Buffalo.

He has only had a limited number of games in a Sabres uniform across 4 years, so it is hard to definitively say he can't play at the NHL level. It's a shame the Sabres didn't give him a shot with another team if they knew he wasn't in their plans. Holding out a couple of years ago (supposedly to try and force a trade to a team that would give him a better shot at the NHL) certainly didn't help him any. We all know the Sabres mantra under Golisano was "don't try to force management's hand or you'll be sorry" (see Tim Kennedy).

He has only had a limited number of games in a Sabres uniform across 4 years, so it is hard to definitively say he can't play at the NHL level. It's a shame the Sabres didn't give him a shot with another team if they knew he wasn't in their plans. Holding out a couple of years ago (supposedly to try and force a trade to a team that would give him a better shot at the NHL) certainly didn't help him any. We all know the Sabres mantra under Golisano was "don't try to force management's hand or you'll be sorry" (see Tim Kennedy).

They did over last summer. No takers. Sabres did pay him 100% more this year for his AHL time.

I gotta admit, Mancari looked like he wanted to stick around a little longer with last night's play. He threw a few good hits early in the game, then stuck up for his teammates later in the game. Of course I don't know how many players would've backed down from someone named "Lovejoy". All in all, it was the best physical performance I have seen from him. Hopefully he can build from it and not go back into his shell.

I gotta admit, Mancari looked like he wanted to stick around a little longer with last night's play. He threw a few good hits early in the game, then stuck up for his teammates later in the game. Of course I don't know how many players would've backed down from someone named "Lovejoy". All in all, it was the best physical performance I have seen from him. Hopefully he can build from it and not go back into his shell.

I like Mancari and have high hopes that he can be a late bloomer. If he could only get open for that shot. And I like Dineen and a whole new coaching staff next year after the inevitable playoff failure.

• 3 weeks later...

two comments first it was a great win bye the sabres tonight staffords first goal was a thing of beauty and i thought most of the team played on all cylinders.... second i am very very very very very pissed at NHL.com to the point of boycott when the first thing i read when i get to their site tonight is "Canes Hold On" who gives a Fcuk how about canes who played a sh^tty Tampa team, this should have been their third choice....if no one else is mad about this I will never post here again...I don't care that they posted it but as Number one it wasn't even a good game...f NHL. COM if you route for Carolina then you are not worth my time because the NHL had much better to offer tonight

two comments first it was a great win bye the sabres tonight staffords first goal was a thing of beauty and i thought most of the team played on all cylinders.... second i am very very very very very pissed at NHL.com to the point of boycott when the first thing i read when i get to their site tonight is "Canes Hold On" who gives a Fcuk how about canes who played a sh^tty Tampa team, this should have been their third choice....if no one else is mad about this I will never post here again...I don't care that they posted it but as Number one it wasn't even a good game...f NHL. COM if you route for Carolina then you are not worth my time because the NHL had much better to offer tonight

Well the Canes did hold on. If they lost last night with the Sabres winning in front of them, it would be bad for their playoff chances. And if you were paying attention to the game, Tampa came storming back with two quick goals and a late PP. So Carolina did "hold on". Carolina also had the tougher assignment in a Tampa team than Buffalo had in a Florida team gutted at the trade deadline.

I'm not mad about it. Couldn't care less. I am more concerned about Sabres wins and losses. Are you really not going to post again?

See Ya B-)

Someone is off their meds.

TBS knows funny, and they say this is funny :clapping:

I love my Sabres, but not to the point where I'd get turning red mad at them. It's good to see the team get the win and Stafford made the front page of NHL.com (He is in the middle of the 3 stars, so I'm guessing that means he was the 2nd star of the night for the NHL).

And that first Stafford goal was absolutely a thing of bueaty. I have to give Darcy Regier credit where it is due. To pick up a player of Brad Boyes caliber for a 2nd round pick because he was struggling in St. Louis the prior season and a half was truly a very good move. I won't speak to whether or not Boyes will always be centering Stafford and Ennis, but one thing is becoming more evident to me, Stafford and Ennis need to stay together on a line. Who their center will be I have no idea, but I'm hoping for a stud, superstar center in the off season, by hook or by crook to really elevate their play.

As for Boyes, I would love to see him on the right wing with Vanek and Roy next season to see what he can do with them while playing his normal position.

The question I have is where does that leave Pominville? :blink:

As for Boyes, I would love to see him on the right wing with Vanek and Roy next season to see what he can do with them while playing his normal position.

The question I have is where does that leave Pominville? :blink:

That is a good problem to have....... :beer:

Archived