sabres1970

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to take over the "C"?

• Pominville
    • Vanek
    • Miller
    • Gaustad
    • Hecht

I think it'll be Pominville. I know he's no tremendous player but he's as consistant as you can get and he definitely has a great influence in the locker room. Vanek is also a major possibility for obvious reason. Miller has the best known player on our team for a few years now. Gaustad is a veteran, big guy who seems like a leader to me. Hecht has been around for a while, he's at least a candidate.

I think it'll be Pominville. I know he's no tremendous player but he's as consistant as you can get and he definitely has a great influence in the locker room. Vanek is also a major possibility for obvious reason. Miller has the best known player on our team for a few years now. Gaustad is a veteran, big guy who seems like a leader to me. Hecht has been around for a while, he's at least a candidate.

I didn't think G's could wear the C?

Have they still been doing the thing this year where there's a different set of A's at home and on the road? If that's the case, with Roy already out of the picture, wouldn't they be left with 3 A's if Rivet is in fact gone? It seems like that would answer the question for the short term (ie. the remainder of this season).

Since there is no real definite leader, I could see them staying with three A's for the season.

As for goalies getting the C, it can be done, but it means nothing on the ice. A goaltender cannot serve as the on-ice representative, so Vancouver has three A's in each game. Luogo's title is only a locker room thing.

Since there is no real definite leader, I could see them staying with three A's for the season.

I hear ya, but I still think they should "anoint" someone. It's like my job - no true manager (my current one is still sure to leave "acting" on her title) means you have nobody to represent you and you have no true structure within your unit/organization.

Didn't they have the players vote on it the last time, which resulted in Rivet getting the C? I think the players should vote on it.

As for goalies getting the C, it can be done, but it means nothing on the ice. A goaltender cannot serve as the on-ice representative, so Vancouver has three A's in each game. Luogo's title is only a locker room thing.

Which is exactly what Miller is now - he's the team leader, but he can't technically do it on the ice. This also begs the question as to why Vancouver even bothered to give him the C (outside of the locker room thing).

Luongo actually isn't the captain of the Canucks anymore, he gave it up at the beginning of the season in favor of Henrik Sedin.

Which is exactly what Miller is now - he's the team leader, but he can't technically do it on the ice. This also begs the question as to why Vancouver even bothered to give him the C (outside of the locker room thing).

I think there's a much better question in all of this. Why do we value that extra bit of fabric on the front of the jersey as much as we do?

It should be Vanek. I think despite his slumps, he wants to win all the time. That's the mark of a captain.

but what if these guys have something really strong up there sleeve, like maybe in the off season picking up a brad richards or something? just feel like if we wait it will work out better for us to keep our options open. not saying thomas is a bad player or anything..

It has to be someone that is going to be here longterm.

I believe they should wait until next year to decide.

I disagree on both counts. Give it to someone NOW and see if he does well with it. If not, reassess before next season. From that standpoint, I would say Hecht would be a good candidate. A little older/mature. If he doesn't get it back next year, he will understand. If he's not here next year, you can give it to someone else. But I think it's important to have a captain.

Archived