sabres1970

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to take over the "C"?

• Pominville
    • Vanek
    • Miller
    • Gaustad
    • Hecht

but what if these guys have something really strong up there sleeve, like maybe in the off season picking up a brad richards or something? just feel like if we wait it will work out better for us to keep our options open. not saying thomas is a bad player or anything..

That's a weird reason. Why does this team always need "the new guy" to come in and be the captain? We shouldn't need to bring someone in and say "hey, you want to be the Captain while you're at it?"

Give it to a guy who's been in this jersey for a while. Give it to Vanek.

That's a weird reason. Why does this team always need "the new guy" to come in and be the captain? We shouldn't need to bring someone in and say "hey, you want to be the Captain while you're at it?"

Give it to a guy who's been in this jersey for a while. Give it to Vanek.

I think if the coach thought Vanek was captain material he'd be wearing a "C" tonight.

IMO there is noone currently on the roster worthy of wearing the "C" and the captain next season will come form outside the organization because there is noone currently in the organization that is a good candidate to be a captain. Just like when Rivet first came to Buffalo.

I think if the coach thought Vanek was captain material he'd be wearing a "C" tonight.

IMO there is noone currently on the roster worthy of wearing the "C" and the captain next season will come form outside the organization because there is noone currently in the organization that is a good candidate to be a captain. Just like when Rivet first came to Buffalo.

I disagree. First, I think Vanek as the Alternate Captain is a huge vote in his favor for receiving the C. Second, I think the reason Rivet was made captain was because at the time of his arrival there was no one who was willing to lead. However, I think at this point certain players have probably matured enough to be worthy of wearing it now that he has departed.

I think Vanek gets the C before this season is out.

I disagree. First, I think Vanek as the Alternate Captain is a huge vote in his favor for receiving the C. Second, I think the reason Rivet was made captain was because at the time of his arrival there was no one who was willing to lead. However, I think at this point certain players have probably matured enough to be worthy of wearing it now that he has departed.

Did Vanek just get the "A" tonight? I think that would say alot too. But to me it says that Lindy thought there were 2 others that deserved letters before Vanek does. Seems to me that he's 3rd in line right now.

I think Vanek is the next captain. Everything I have seen and heard from him this year just reeks of a new leader and I'm glad to see this from him. However I don't know if it's a great idea to do it this late in the season. Let him wear an A and see how he does then next year make him captain

Other than the fact I am a rather big Pominville fan, I still think he gets the nod as the new captain regardless. Vanek's play, even though it is much better this season, is inconsistent on the ice and he doesn't seem all that much of a vocal leader off the ice in the locker room and in front of reporters. Same thing goes with Roy. Having watched all of these guys grow up on the team from now until their days with the Amerks Pominville just seems to be the guy the team believes in and has faith in. Until Hjalmarrson knocked Pominville out in the Blackhawk game he had an iron man streak going meaning consistency with his game play, practice habits, work ethic and conditioning. Also the little captain experiment Lindy did a few years back where he had a different captain every month of the season the team played their best hockey during the final month when Pominville was the captain. Each guy has a right and in some way deserves to be captain but when it comes to the intangibles and overall package Pominville should be the guy. Just my opinion though.

Rivet was voted captain by the players on the team. But I do agree that numerous players have matured in the last three seasons.

Archived