RIVET WAS PLACED ON WAIVERS TODAY!!!!!!!

Steve Phillips

I'm fairly certain he has already handed it in.

Who is going to be the Captain I wonder. And I agree, I would have to think there is already an on Ice leader somewhere on that roster, just who I don't think any fans have any idea.

Very strange situation with Rivet this season, and I do also agree with many, he showed alot of class this season.

Back to the question though, who will be the captain? Anyone think there are plans to bring a young leader in like a Brown or Richards type?

But this does show the change in the hockey operations. The Sabres now can do moves that the 'big clubs' have been doing. Send players to the minors if needed to take them out of the NHL cap to free up money to bring new blood in.

Thank you Terry Pegula!

Who is going to be the Captain I wonder. And I agree, I would have to think there is already an on Ice leader somewhere on that roster, just who I don't think any fans have any idea.

Very strange situation with Rivet this season, and I do also agree with many, he showed alot of class this season.

Back to the question though, who will be the captain? Anyone think there are plans to bring a young leader in like a Brown or Richards type?

Brown is a dream. Richards ain't exactly young.

I'd dig Brown though if they could make that work somehow. Really enjoyed watching LA grow the past three seasons.

Brown is a dream. Richards ain't exactly young.

I'd dig Brown though if they could make that work somehow. Really enjoyed watching LA grow the past three seasons.

I meant Richards from Philly, but Richards from Dallas is one as well. :thumbsup:

I don't want you to think I was advocating for those specific players, just the leadership type ability.

I actually am wondering if the new direction of the team includes bringing in a young, extremely talented leader from another team?

I meant Richards from Philly, but Richards from Dallas is one as well. :thumbsup:

I don't want you to think I was advocating for those specific players, just the leadership type ability.

I actually am wondering if the new direction of the team includes bringing in a young, extremely talented leader from another team?

Ahh, with all the talk of Brad Richards thats where i thought you were going with that... actual possibilities.

Would be nice to have a forward like that, but i actually have a feeling that Myers or Pysyk may be the long term captain of this squad for years to come.

I don't see Philly trading their captain any time soon.

But this does show the change in the hockey operations. The Sabres now can do moves that the 'big clubs' have been doing. Send players to the minors if needed to take them out of the NHL cap to free up money to bring new blood in.

Thank you Terry Pegula!

Free's up very little cap room. Perhaps just giving Rivet an opportunity to see if he can catch on with another team. If he clears waivers isn't he able to stay with the Sabres?

I wonder if they were training him to be a coach? It is not like Dineen isn't going to be considered for a vacancy next year and the Sabres will need someone with D perspective in Portland if he goes. Rivet in his prime was great and has a nasty streak that all these players need to incorporate into their game. Has been a good mentor and the Sabres would be smart to keep him around if he is willing to hang up the skates.

Free's up very little cap room. Perhaps just giving Rivet an opportunity to see if he can catch on with another team. If he clears waivers isn't he able to stay with the Sabres?

It seems crazy to have him waiting around.

Assign him to Portland and see if he reports. If he does report then he is still a depth player should the team make it to postseason (big if). There, he can play himself back into game shape and be a black ace.

As has been stated earlier, Rivet handled the whole dropping to 8 on the depth chart with a lot of grace and class.

Too bad he didn't retire last year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moe-ray-all or Van-city make a claim on him. Both have seriously depleted blue lines. If he does clear, and is willing to go to Portland, it wouldn't hurt having the young D get to learn from the grizzled veteran.

:beer: Craig.

And, I don't see anyone else wearing the 'C' this season. 3 'A's it is.

It seems crazy to have him waiting around.

Assign him to Portland and see if he reports. If he does report then he is still a depth player should the team make it to postseason (big if). There, he can play himself back into game shape and be a black ace.

And a decent veteran presence for the Pirates during their playoff run.

As has been stated earlier, Rivet handled the whole dropping to 8 on the depth chart with a lot of grace and class.

Too bad he didn't retire last year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moe-ray-all or Van-city make a claim on him. Both have seriously depleted blue lines. If he does clear, and is willing to go to Portland, it wouldn't hurt having the young D get to learn from the grizzled veteran.

:beer: Craig.

And, I don't see anyone else wearing the 'C' this season. 3 'A's it is.

Unless ......we make a Gimouresque trade. Duhn..Duhn.....Duhhhhhhhhhhhhn!

Archived