RIVET WAS PLACED ON WAIVERS TODAY!!!!!!!

Steve Phillips

Incidentally, ya gotta wonder what the Rangers will do with Drury should he be healthy next season. He's still signed for 7M.

That would be a pretty sizable buyout. He's got a no movement clause, so they'll have a much harder time sending him down to the AHL like they did with Redden. I can't imagine Drury would accept that move.

That would be a pretty sizable buyout. He's got a no movement clause, so they'll have a much harder time sending him down to the AHL like they did with Redden. I can't imagine Drury would accept that move.

Yikes - do we owe OSP an apology for this one? Not that they got it right, but sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Yikes - do we owe OSP an apology for this one? Not that they got it right, but sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

I'd rather have had Briere, Drury, Dumont and Campbell under contract for a total of $18 million a year than Connolly, Pominville, Hecht and Rivet.

That was pretty much man for man the decision that played out.

I'd rather have had Briere, Drury, Dumont and Campbell under contract for a total of $18 million a year than Connolly, Pominville, Hecht and Rivet.

I'd rather have Briere, Dumont, Campbell and Pominville. Drury hit the wall almost immediately after signing that huge contract, that's what I meant.

Could you imagine the groans if the old OSP had a 7 million dollar albatross around their neck?

Could you imagine the groans if the old OSP had a 7 million dollar albatross around their neck?

If you believe the reports, then it wouldn't have been nearly a $7 million albatross, if the original contract had been followed through on. It only went to $7 million when he hit FA and the Sabres offered to match NY's offer.

I'd rather have Briere, Dumont, Campbell and Pominville. Drury hit the wall almost immediately after signing that huge contract, that's what I meant.

There's of course no way of knowing, but I think Drury would have continued to be a very good player here. He fit the system and his teammates very well.

As for his contract, while it might have been $7MM x 5 years if he had signed here on July 1, it would've been $5MM x 4 years if TG had signed the contract that Drury agreed to.

Also, Drury was a much better player than Pommer.

Finally, I'd substitute Max for Hecht in DD's list, but the point is the same -- the important guys could've been kept for the same cash that they gave the guys who ended up being washouts. That is what I meant by poor decision-making (and btw I think bungled execution was in this case the same as poor decision-making -- ie they decided not to sign the agreement until it was too late).

Rivet scored a goal last night against Calgary. He also got about 14 minutes of ice time and was +1. Unfortunately for him, the Blue Jackets lost the game, moving him further from a playoff spot.

I'm glad to see him score in the first game with his new team.

Lindy must have been holding him back. :rolleyes:

Rivet scored a goal last night against Calgary. He also got about 14 minutes of ice time and was +1. Unfortunately for him, the Blue Jackets lost the game, moving him further from a playoff spot.

I'm glad to see him score in the first game with his new team.

I guess Columbus had to hold him out a few games for him to get into game shape.

Archived