Game Discussion Thread

Realist

I wouldn't take Ottawa for granted, but at least maybe we can win one against them and possibly rub it in their faces that we're going to the playoffs (provided we get at least the 8th spot) and Alfie & Co. are golfing with Tiger in April.

Ottawa would be the perfect game to play Enroth. As long as the Sabres actually TRY they should have no problem winning with Enroth in net.

By the paddle of ETHRON!

I wouldn't take Ottawa for granted, but at least maybe we can win one against them and possibly rub it in their faces that we're going to the playoffs (provided we get at least the 8th spot) and Alfie & Co. are golfing with Tiger in April.

Oh definitely not taking them for granted. They're just one of those teams that I think Enroth would explode in. And nothing against the Sabres, they played well tonight, but our offense against Detroit's defense would definitely put more pressure on Enroth. Which is why I think that the Ottawa game would be a better game for him.

Of course this is all speculation...but one can dream can't he :rolleyes:

I missed nearly the 1st 2 periods as my DVR is acting up and I was tied up w/ youth hockey earlier in the evening.

I know the FC was involved in the opening ceremony, but could someone give a recap of it? (The little bit of discussion about it earlier wasn't overly enlightening; not that it's expected to be as it's commenting on what's going on, not describing what's going on.)

Thanks in advance.

"They got that bobsled look, they're going downhill in a hell of a hurry." was fantastic though. :clapping:

I'm tellin you guys, too many families, not enough drunks. That's why this crowd is so stiff even when winning.

Wait til TP hears about Neale's profanity.

I swear I saw someone in the Pegula box gesturing to the crowd after one of the goals. Like, get up! These Pittsburgh guys must be incredulous at the Buffalo crowd.

Does anyone remember if the Sabres won Golisano's first game as owner?

March 14, 2003 was the date of the presser with Bettman introducing Golisano. But that was after Golisano signed an agreement to buy the team for $92 million -- it had to be approved by bankruptcy court and the board of governors. I don't think he officially owned the team until after the season.

Anyway, the Sabres lost to the Lightning, 4-2, that night at home.

The next fall they lost both their road and home openers, getting shut out in each game.

It's very confusing when trying to find out when the Rigases officially owned the Sabres, as the process of buying out all the various former investors dragged out for a long time.

Actually Sylvester is 400% better than he was in 2005.

Good point he has really came in to his own as the game host. That or I just got used to him. He seems to have developed his own styule which I feel comfortable with.

Nice presenataion tonight in all. The pregame and the actual game. Even though they really didn't crash Pavlec the had a lot of traffic. It seems the usually end up losing the games where the D stops the traffic in front.

This game is all for naught unless the can grab a 3 against the next 2 games.

Wait til TP hears about Neale's profanity.

I swear I saw someone in the Pegula box gesturing to the crowd after one of the goals. Like, get up! These Pittsburgh guys must be incredulous at the Buffalo crowd.

I can remember attending pengiun games in the early 2000's that were quiet as a morgue. $20 student tickets in the 200 levels. 10K crowds max. PA this whole thing ebbs and flows. The guys he put in place know how to get it accomplished. The reason I know this is Ted and Ken will get it done is they have been to the bottom before.

Taro, Nice presentation with the FC and TP and his two boys. TP with individual pictures of the FC. The puck drop featured youngest boy dropping it. IIRC It was Pommers and Ladd w/ the cerimonial face off. Pommers then slapped the puck in the middle of Peglas son's Sabres crest.

I can remember attending pengiun games in the early 2000's that were quiet as a morgue. $20 student tickets in the 200 levels. 10K crowds max. PA this whole thing ebbs and flows. The guys he put in place know how to get it accomplished. The reason I know this is Ted and Ken will get it done is they have been to the bottom before.

Taro, Nice presentation with the FC and TP and his two boys. TP with individual pictures of the FC. The puck drop featured youngest boy dropping it. IIRC It was Pommers and Ladd w/ the cerimonial face off. Pommers then slapped the puck in the middle of Peglas son's Sabres crest.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Pretty good win. My game notes:

1. MSG had a great opening montage.

2. The FC reunion was fantastic. Robert looks like he still closes down a saloon with some frequency.

3. Miller was very sharp and kept the Sabres in the game in the 2nd period.

4. Gerbe has been pretty quiet for the last 6-7 games.

5. Great game by Gaustad.

6. Lindy said after the game that Vanek is now in the regular rotation to wear the A.

7. I would've liked more tonight from Stafford.

8. Great start to the TP era!

I love what Robitaille said about Gaustad after the game. It's so true, he doesn't shine at any particular attributes but plays hard and smart most nights and ultimately gets rewarded for it. He's never been flashy, but he also doesn't make mistakes and understands where he needs to be and what he needs to do.

One other thing being at the game...

The pregame was AWESOME and Pegula got a lengthy ovation. Then the game started and the Sabres played without much life and the crowd went flat almost immediately.

I hope Pegs has put these guys on notice and is keeping a pen and notebook close by to keep track of who is going through the motions night in and night out.

One other thing being at the game...

The pregame was AWESOME and Pegula got a lengthy ovation. Then the game started and the Sabres played without much life and the crowd went flat almost immediately.

I hope Pegs has put these guys on notice and is keeping a pen and notebook close by to keep track of who is going through the motions night in and night out.

I wish that they would stop trying to prompt crowd noise with the jumbotrons. Its like the crowd has become conditioned to only respond when prompted by whats on the screen.

They need to get some energetic people stationed in the sections to get the cheers going.

Sabertooth playing hide and seek with fans hats just don't cut It.

Archived