Jessie Pegula, twitter , and hockeybuzz....

inkman

So, like most teenagers, the Pegula daughters are surgically attached to their electronic devices and they tweet constantly. Is anybody following their tweets? I have not. They also mentioned they would be creating a vlog of their inaugural week. I'm not sure how much actual insight it will give to the important goings on but it's definitely a window that we've never seen before in terms of the team. I'm sure that Dad won't confide any state secrets but you never know. What do other people think? Anybody see anything really interesting in their tweets?

I am following them. Like you said, it is a lot of you kid stuff, but they do seem pretty nice.

I actually talked to one of them (Jessie) for about 25 minutes the other night about random things and found her quite nice and easy to talk to. We talked about a variety of things, but the biggest thing we talked about is what a Cup would mean to this great City of ours. I explained to her that this is not just any city.....that a Championship would mean everything to this City. I told her that no matter the words spoken, it wouldn't come across how strong we feel and how much we want it.......how much we NEED it.

I told her that we were tired of just feeling like we are in the league hoping to catch a break. I told her that just once, we didn't want to hear about it being a business (even though we understand that it is) and that just once, we want an owner that really wants to win a Championship more than anything else.....more than just "breaking even."

After talking with her, she thanked me for showing passion and told me that her Dad is passionate as well and that is why he was here......to win the Cup. She told me that her Dad understands how we feel as fans.

Anyway, we did start talking about other things and we kind of moved on from hockey, but she was really nice and seemed excited. I don't think she or her sister completely get it yet, but they will. She said she wanted to talk again, so I am sure we will at some point. Obviously, I couldn't get any details out of her about anything, but I really didn't try too hard. I wanted to more get across the feelings and passion of the fans and that was accomplished. I haven't talked to her sister yet, but Jessie was pretty nice. She didn't come across as a rich spoiled brat, so that was refreshing.

This situation makes me very uncomfortable. Terry Pegula should probably not allow his daughters to tweet anything more than "Go Sabres!" I don't like the fact that us fans are following their tweets, but if it's inevitable, can we all at least promise to keep comments toward them respectful and classy? At least on this message board? The Pegula girls are now the daughters and little sisters of all of WNY. They are not Whitner or Maybin or Stevie Johnson.

This situation makes me very uncomfortable. Terry Pegula should probably not allow his daughters to tweet anything more than "Go Sabres!" I don't like the fact that us fans are following their tweets, but if it's inevitable, can we all at least promise to keep comments toward them respectful and classy? At least on this message board? The Pegula girls are now the daughters and little sisters of all of WNY. They are not Whitner or Maybin or Stevie Johnson.

Obviously, there is no way to prevent people from saying bad things to them, but so far, I think everything is OK. I just hope that when something goes wrong with the Sabres, that Buffalo fans are classy enough not to attack those girls. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RUNNING AND OPERATIONS OF THE SABRES. Right now, they are acting like fans, and that is fine. I just hope people are classy enough not to take it too far when things don't go well.

I'm not sure if you can ever really get people to understand how much the teams mean to the community unless you've either grown up there or lived there for a while at least. Especially a championship. I know my wife doesn't get and probably never will even after 8 years. Seiing as they live in florida probably the vast majority of the time it may be hard to impress that part of it. Hopefully, even though their dad does own the team they will grow into lifelong fans. But with teenagers, interests change when you get older. I know I don't have all the same interests as when I was that age now. But, you never know it could turn out to be like the wirtz family where the son took over after his dad passed away. But that is far in the future.

I'm not sure if you can ever really get people to understand how much the teams mean to the community unless you've either grown up there or lived there for a while at least. Especially a championship. I know my wife doesn't get and probably never will even after 8 years. Seiing as they live in florida probably the vast majority of the time it may be hard to impress that part of it. Hopefully, even though their dad does own the team they will grow into lifelong fans. But with teenagers, interests change when you get older. I know I don't have all the same interests as when I was that age now. But, you never know it could turn out to be like the wirtz family where the son took over after his dad passed away. But that is far in the future.

IMO you don't have to be a genius to understand what a championship would mean to the city of Buffalo. Its not rocket science. Its sport. If hockey is in your blood and you live and die with and for the sabres like alot of fans I know, they get it. Spend 35 ( like me ) or 40 years following a team and thirsting to be part of a championship and the disappointments of seasons past hang off you like an old scab to remind you of it. With all due respect to your wife, if she doesn't get it after 8 years then maybe she isn't really a fan. A fan through proximity sure, but I know fans of teams from different citys who would understand fully what the people of Buffalo are going through simply because they are going through exactly the same thing in their citys. As for following a teenaged girls tweets.Ain't gonna happen.Too much like stalking.Leave that to the teenage boys.

IMO you don't have to be a genius to understand what a championship would mean to the city of Buffalo. Its not rocket science. Its sport. If hockey is in your blood and you live and die with and for the sabres like alot of fans I know, they get it. Spend 35 ( like me ) or 40 years following THIS team and thirsting to be part of a championship and the disappointments of seasons past hang off you like an old scab to remind you of it. With all due respect to your wife, if she doesn't get it after 8 years then maybe she isn't really a fan. A fan through proximity sure, but I know fans of teams from different citys who would understand fully what the people of Buffalo are going through simply because they are going through exactly the same thing in their citys. As for following a teenaged girls tweets.Ain't gonna happen.Too much like stalking.Leave that to the teenage boys.

'nuff said - ditto

Jessie has a new blog post up and it sorta shines some light onto how she and her sister see themselves. It almost comes off as if they feel like they're ambassadors to the fans on behalf of their father. Sort of a Jackie Kennedy to JFK thing.

http://jpegula.blogspot.com/

The owners daughters sitting in the seats with the rest of the beer swillin, family bringing public? That's not something you see everyday.

Are the Sabres to become The Peoples Team?

Are the Sabres to become The Peoples Team?

I think we pretty much have been The Peoples Team. Most other rinks I've been to are more uppity/snotty (LA, Philly, Minny).

And I like that the Pegula kin are not press box babies: it's a lot more fun when players' wives, et al, sit in the stands. I remember sitting in the stands one row in front of Ingrid Satan (and Zhitnik's daughter, IIRC) when Miro scored a hatty. I handed Ingrid my hat, shook her hand, and wished them both well. She joked about how excited he would be after the game.

Speaking of JP anybody catch her tweeting away today? She said something like "What are your thoughts on the deadline?" and then five minutes later, "LOL! I posted that and i get 28 mentions in 3 minutes." What'd you think was going to happen? I hope she isn't that oblivious. Annoying. Something about the owner's daughter constantly tweeting reeks of unprofessionalism.

here's an idea: stop following a rich teenage girl on the innerwebs. you sound like you expect her to be a worthy journalistic resource.

talk about oblivious.

lol regardless of whether I follow her or not, thousands of other Sabres fans and hockey people are going to. it still reflects poorly on the organization imo

and yet i see reading the tweets of a teenage girl that has zero to do with the team other than being an owner's daughter, and putting ANY thought into them, as reflecting poorly on the thousands of other sabres fans and hockey people. poh-tay-toe, poh-tah-toe.

Does anyone think the daughter of a billionaire is tweeting about being mentioned on WGR or that she actually was a guest blogger on hockeybuzz? Discuss.

She needs to hang out with us for awhile here on this forum. Then she'd come to her senses quickly and tell Eklund she's no longer interested in working with him.

Archived