Way to go Sabrespace !!!!

Weave

Sabres Edge Blog

Rob Niedermayer remains stuck at exactly zero goals and has even had the indignity of having his name spelled wrong ("Neidermayer") on the back of his jersey the last three games. The team said its new set arrived with that mistake and it would be fixed tomorrow. Frankly, no one had noticed until the gaffe started showing up on Internet message boards and the media asked about it Monday. Even Niedermayer said he hadn't noticed.

the most shocking part of the story is that people actually noticed. i would have never been able to tell you with any kind of certainty whether it was Nied or Neid

LOL seriously. I actually read it after the first game it happened (Jan 1st) but the topic died down, i guess people didn't really believe the poster. It picked up a lot of steam last week when Bulldog noticed it on forums and talked about it on radio, then it spread like fire...

To spice up the season all future jerseys for

Niedermayer should be anagrams as well (it would be the most

intersting thing about him this season):

Who wouldn't want a #20 Jersey that says:

Remained-Drye

Remain-Redye

Yearned-Mire

Dreary-Minee

Many-Reedier

or my favorite:

Earned-My-Ire

Get on it M.G.

No one noticed the typo on his jersey because I cannot think of a more invisible player on the ice than Niedermayer. I've made a point of watching him the past few games and seriously, he may be the biggest loaf I've even seen sport a Sabres jersey (historically bigger loaf suggestions are welcome). Useless doesnt even come close to describing him. I would describe his tenure in Buffalo as a pointless, listless, apethetic coasting into retirement. What a waste.

No one noticed the typo on his jersey because I cannot think of a more invisible player on the ice than Niedermayer. I've made a point of watching him the past few games and seriously, he may be the biggest loaf I've even seen sport a Sabres jersey (historically bigger loaf suggestions are welcome). Useless doesnt even come close to describing him. I would describe his tenure in Buffalo as a pointless, listless, apethetic coasting into retirement. What a waste.

perhaps the thinking was that he would be the Sabres Recchi.

Anywho....

Archived