Trade deadline? Are the Sabres buyers or sellers?

PromoTheRobot

Same was said about Phaneuf and he wasn't an RFA at the end of the year. Weber shouldn't be traded, but with all the talk of Statsny being moved I figured that why not throw Weber who Nashville is having a hard time getting under contract. He is just as likely at this point as Statsny. Seeing Statsny has come out and said he isn't going anywhere

All speculations.

Players rarely say they are moving unless they have a no trade clause...

Until a move is made, its all speculation..but hey, its fun to dream sometimes until its reality, right?!

Personally I think Sabres should try to dump Hecht's ridiculus salary, dump Connolly which will happen and get rid of whatever other deadweight is hanging around maybe Sekera. Then dangle some of the youth maybe Ennis if need be see what kinda of players we can get back. If it's something worthwhile than take it.

We don't really need wingers anyway. We need centers. No sense in getting more of a position we have depth in if we are going to ignore center ice.

I'm not thinking about need as much as I am thinking about taking a cheap look at the kid. If the kid was more expensive I wouldn't even bring it up.

I'm not thinking about need as much as I am thinking about taking a cheap look at the kid. If the kid was more expensive I wouldn't even bring it up.

I am with you its not a need, it's if there is an upgrade and for too long we went without taking am upgrade

dead link

It was alive when I looked at it a couple minutes bfore you did. It said that John-Michael Liles and Paul Stasny were not on the ice for practice and that rumor mongers are going to run wild (or something along those lines).

It was alive when I looked at it a couple minutes bfore you did. It said that John-Michael Liles and Paul Stasny were not on the ice for practice and that rumor mongers are going to run wild (or something along those lines).

Yea, that's what it said, my son was on his computer (he has these tweeter's all looked up), he pointed me to it and said you should share that with these guys.

So I did.

Marc Staal not on ice at Rangers' practice.

per Larry Brooks.

It's not because he's on the trading block -- there is NFW the Rangers are going to trade him. It's because his brother Eric laid him out with a huge hit to the head on Monday night and likely concussed him.

Ok heres what I am thinking now. Rivet is on re-entry waivers and should get claimed by San Jose. They will be responsible for 1.75mil and that goes to their cap (I think right?) Then We are going to trade them stafford and a 3or2rnd pick for Pavelski. Then We are gonna tade Connolly to Phoenix for a 2nd and conditional 3rd rnd pick.

Ok heres what I am thinking now. Rivet is on re-entry waivers and should get claimed by San Jose. They will be responsible for 1.75mil and that goes to their cap (I think right?) Then We are going to trade them stafford and a 3or2rnd pick for Pavelski. Then We are gonna tade Connolly to Phoenix for a 2nd and conditional 3rd rnd pick.

I think the cap relief for the Sabres would be closer to $490k if Rivet signs elsewhere on re-entry waivers.

But we dont need cap relief but SJ could use some. They are at the cap now. IF they claim rivet they are moving someone to do it. What if we said hey we will waive him and rentry him. You can claim him then we will trade you for Pavelski. Stafford and a pick for pavelski is a decent deal and it clears cap room for a center heavy team who has a calder trophy candidate with only a year left on his contract... Possible.

Before anyone gets too excited...

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17473108

Colorado coach Joe Sacco wasn't made available to the media today, but the team said that Stastny, Hejduk, Jones, Johnson and Liles all didn't practice because of "maintenance" days, which isn't unusual, especially when a team is practicing again the next day.

However, with Monday's trade deadline approaching, any absences can trigger speculation. But the team, in this case, said not to read too much into the off days for those players.

But we dont need cap relief but SJ could use some. They are at the cap now. IF they claim rivet they are moving someone to do it. What if we said hey we will waive him and rentry him. You can claim him then we will trade you for Pavelski. Stafford and a pick for pavelski is a decent deal and it clears cap room for a center heavy team who has a calder trophy candidate with only a year left on his contract... Possible.

How about Ryane Clowe? The kid has size, can score, hits and is at a decent price of $3.6 for the next two years. I know center is the primary need. Clowe covers a lot areas of need for the Sabres.

How about Ryane Clowe? The kid has size, can score, hits and is at a decent price of $3.6 for the next two years. I know center is the primary need. Clowe covers a lot areas of need for the Sabres.

True but hes a LW. including Marleu they only have clowe. RW help is what they need Clowe I would welcome but I would rather have and I think it would be easier to get Pavelski because Couture is right there or better.

True but hes a LW. including Marleu they only have clowe. RW help is what they need Clowe I would welcome but I would rather have and I think it would be easier to get Pavelski because Couture is right there or better.

SJ is poised to make a run at the Cup, yet people here are cherry picking the best players off their roster. Ek has nothing on some of the posters here(not just you KTN4GM). :lol:

Archived