Trade deadline? Are the Sabres buyers or sellers?

PromoTheRobot

Would you sit down at a poker game with Darcy?

You could be right, but he'd definitely get more playing the "we're not going to be sellers ... wow, I was so blown away by your offer that I couldn't help but sell" game than announcing "fire sale!"

Hes waiting for the oppurtune moment and I would like to see elder Foligno come out of Ottawa for a 3 or later draft pick and send connolly packing. Nothing like playing for your hometown team. LOL darcy is lazy an sucks he needs an assistant to help his old feeble mind remember to call other gm's back

Hes waiting for the oppurtune moment and I would like to see elder Foligno come out of Ottawa for a 3 or later draft pick and send connolly packing. Nothing like playing for your hometown team. LOL darcy is lazy an sucks he needs an assistant to help his old feeble mind remember to call other gm's back

You need mental help. Every trade scenario you have proposed has been ridiculous, but this one takes the cake.

Foligno for a 3rd? Why doesnt he just pick up Crosby for a second and a fifth so he can save that 3rd to pick up ovechkin?

You need mental help. Every trade scenario you have proposed has been ridiculous, but this one takes the cake.

Foligno for a 3rd? Why doesnt he just pick up Crosby for a second and a fifth so he can save that 3rd to pick up ovechkin?

Your suggesting that Stafford an a pick for Pavelski was rediculous and your wrong. Connolly and a pick for Dubinsky is rediculous and you really decided to drive the point home by suggesting crosby could be traded for at all... yea idc. You want me to work out a crosby trade to satisfy you fine. Roy, two 1st rnd picks, Leopold, Weber and a conditional 1st round pick. There happy? O and Foligno isnt playin great and the Sens are selling like hotcakes so yea I think that a 2/3 might get a conversation going with Ottawa for him. Ottawa wants to rebuild and If they do not see foligno as a part of that they would sell him. Do they? IDK I hate Ottawa and dont care. Foligno is averaging 40pt seasons so if you look at the trade market hes prob worth a 2or 3 not saying they would do it just saying... ps: The Pavelski deal was well thought out and made sense for both teams finacial and in the long term but again who cares? Darcy wont do anyting. :wallbash:

Hahahhahaha, you said literally your post right before this that you are giving Darcy the benefit of the doubt in waiting to make a trade. Did you have a change of heart in the five minutes between posts lol.

[/b]

Hahahhahaha, you said literally your post right before this that you are giving Darcy the benefit of the doubt in waiting to make a trade. Did you have a change of heart in the five minutes between posts lol.

yea mccabe went to rangers for kennedy and a 3rd rnd pick... epic fail darcy

yea mccabe went to rangers for kennedy and a 3rd rnd pick... epic fail darcy

we're not really looking for a defenseman so this one can't really be seen as a mistake by Darcy. I think our defense is pretty solid --not great, but solid-- and McCabe is only a year younger than Craig. Unless we were getting Kaberle I'd be pretty upset if we brought in a defenseman before addressing our need at forward.

we're not really looking for a defenseman so this one can't really be seen as a mistake by Darcy. I think our defense is pretty solid --not great, but solid-- and McCabe is only a year younger than Craig. Unless we were getting Kaberle I'd be pretty upset if we brought in a defenseman before addressing our need at forward.

The defense is far from solid. We lead the league in short handed goals against, if you watch the games, we have real issues breaking out of our own zone. Give aways by D man on this team have to be close to the league worst. And to top it off, our Capt. who was just waived, was on that unit.

No, I would say that the analysis of our defense couldn't be farther from your assesment of solid. It's young, yes, but at the same time, it has many holes in it.

The defense can be addressed long term, Bogosian is an example. There are others as well. But once again, this defense is far from solid.

a lot of people are more valuable than neidermayer. When Darcy signed Neidermayer I was happy about it, he's never been a GREAT player but was never THIS bad either. I, like Darcy probably did, saw his size and strength as a bigger asset to the third line than Kennedy's speed.

Even in retrospect, I think it was the right move. Three midgets on the team is about the limit, we don't need an undersized wanna-be pest joining the oompa loompa club. As disappointing as Rob has been, he does use his body more effectively than Kennedy and at times it really helps the possession game. No hands, no speed, no shot, but he's big and strong.

The defense is far from solid. We lead the league in short handed goals against, if you watch the games, we have real issues breaking out of our own zone. Give aways by D man on this team have to be close to the league worst. And to top it off, our Capt. who was just waived, was on that unit.

No, I would say that the analysis of our defense couldn't be farther from your assesment of solid. It's young, yes, but at the same time, it has many holes in it.

The defense can be addressed long term, Bogosian is an example. There are others as well. But once again, this defense is far from solid.

90% of the shorthanded goals happen because Lindy still thinks Pominville/Connolly are the right people to man the point on the PP -- they pinch or turn it over and it's an oddman break. Not really the defense's fault at all. Half the issue of clearing out of the zone is because there is no outlet pass to be made when Vanek is camping at the other team's blue line. Our captain who was just waived was on that unit for what, 10 games this year? They've made some mistakes and occasionally have trouble clearing but generally speaking we don't need a big splash on defense as much as we need a big splash at forward.

a lot of people are more valuable than neidermayer. When Darcy signed Neidermayer I was happy about it, he's never been a GREAT player but was never THIS bad either. I, like Darcy probably did, saw his size and strength as a bigger asset to the third line than Kennedy's speed.

Even in retrospect, I think it was the right move. Three midgets on the team is about the limit, we don't need an undersized wanna-be pest joining the oompa loompa club. As disappointing as Rob has been, he does use his body more effectively than Kennedy and at times it really helps the possession game. No hands, no speed, no shot, but he's big and strong.

so why didnt we just keep adam mair? and Bogosian has never played great in atlanta he has 54pts in 179 games and is -22... maybe a change of scenery would help :beer:

90% of the shorthanded goals happen because Lindy still thinks Pominville/Connolly are the right people to man the point on the PP -- they pinch or turn it over and it's an oddman break. Not really the defense's fault at all. Half the issue of clearing out of the zone is because there is no outlet pass to be made when Vanek is camping at the other team's blue line. Our captain who was just waived was on that unit for what, 10 games this year? They've made some mistakes and occasionally have trouble clearing but generally speaking we don't need a big splash on defense as much as we need a big splash at forward.

Oh I don't disagree that we need a splash at forward, maybe not even a big splash now. The off season or even through out next season may be a better time for that given the pricing of players right now.

But, if you look at the defensive zone play, outside of Myers and Weber, there isn't alot of battles down low, behind the net and along the corner boards being won by our d men.

We don't necessarily need a splash, Bogo was merely an example of some defensive size on the back end, like I said, there are others.

And as for that break out pass you speak of, I've watched time and again this season our d men throw the puck right on an opponents stick infront of or close to infront of the net, that has nothing to do with Vanek up ice, it has everything to do with what I would call risky play, instead of using some muscle and size to get the puck into a position to move it.

They are young for the most part, Sekera, Butler, Myers and Weber, but that shouldn't automatically push Darcy away from improving the blueline if there is a player that can be had and has the potential to do so.

But once again, I do agree, a down the middle forward would be nice to have first and foremost.

Oh I don't disagree that we need a splash at forward, maybe not even a big splash now. The off season or even through out next season may be a better time for that given the pricing of players right now.

But, if you look at the defensive zone play, outside of Myers and Weber, there isn't alot of battles down low, behind the net and along the corner boards being won by our d men.

We don't necessarily need a splash, Bogo was merely an example of some defensive size on the back end, like I said, there are others.

And as for that break out pass you speak of, I've watched time and again this season our d men throw the puck right on an opponents stick infront of or close to infront of the net, that has nothing to do with Vanek up ice, it has everything to do with what I would call risky play, instead of using some muscle and size to get the puck into a position to move it.

They are young for the most part, Sekera, Butler, Myers and Weber, but that shouldn't automatically push Darcy away from improving the blueline if there is a player that can be had and has the potential to do so.

But once again, I do agree, a down the middle forward would be nice to have first and foremost.

I agree a centerman is the biggest need. But wouldn't it be great to get a legitimate top end dman to play with Myers. Next year that would be our top pairing, then leopold could play with Weber. The better of Sekera, Butler and Morisson could be the bottom pair with the guy playing the worst sitting in the press box. We are one really good dman away from an excellent defense corps which would greatly improve Miller's play next year.

Mark Streit, perfecy fit for next year. To bad we would never get him.

Honestly I don't know much of him. Just checked his stats and he's a +6 on the NY Islanders which really is saying something. Not sure what kind of minutes he's playing at the age of 33 but I'd look at him. Will he be a UFA after this season?

Honestly I don't know much of him. Just checked his stats and he's a +6 on the NY Islanders which really is saying something. Not sure what kind of minutes he's playing at the age of 33 but I'd look at him. Will he be a UFA after this season?

sadly no, Darcy Regier passed on him when campbell left and he fell to the isles for 4.1 mil a year. Hes currently injured and has been a solid 50pt guy for them up until this season. Now hes probably too old and injured but yea.

sadly no, Darcy Regier passed on him when campbell left and he fell to the isles for 4.1 mil a year. Hes currently injured and has been a solid 50pt guy for them up until this season. Now hes probably too old and injured but yea.

You need to make up your mind. Two posts earlier, you posted that Streit would be a perfect fit for the Sabres. Then you turn around and post this(bolded). :oops:

Niedermayer over Kennedy was a great move, at the time. According to Paul Hamilton, Kennedy had a very unproductive off-season and was really out of shape when he came to talk with the Sabres.

Archived