OT: Pizza in Tonawanda?

deluca67

The wife and I are buying a house in Tonanwanda. We are trying to workout one of the most important details. Which place will be our go to pizza joint. We have tried a couple of different places so far. Pepperoni Grill on the the Blvd. and Molinaro's at Sheridan and Parkhurst. Both had positives and some negatives.

Any other suggestions? The next place on the list is Fat Guys Pizza on Sheridan.

The wife and I are buying a house in Tonanwanda. We are trying to workout one of the most important details. Which place will be our go to pizza joint. We have tried a couple of different places so far. Pepperoni Grill on the the Blvd. and Molinaro's at Sheridan and Parkhurst. Both had positives and some negatives.

Any other suggestions? The next place on the list is Fat Guys Pizza on Sheridan.

I haven't been there in quite some time, but Pizza Junction used to be the place for pizza in NT:

http://thepizzajunction.com/pizza/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=38

When we lived in Tonawanda (about 10 years ago) we used to either drive to Bocce's or get it from DiPaulo's (not sure if th spelling is right) on Colvin near Brighton (I think it's Brighton).

DiPaulo's was our favorite.

Milano's on Englewood is decent too. Very Bocce-like.

When we lived in Tonawanda (about 10 years ago) we used to either drive to Bocce's or get it from DiPaulo's (not sure if th spelling is right) on Colvin near Brighton (I think it's Brighton).

DiPaulo's was our favorite.

Milano's on Englewood is decent too. Very Bocce-like.

Dipaulo's WAS the best. The recession hit and their pizza died. They started putting very little toppings on the pie and the sauce got 'watery'. Started going to LaHaceinda, never looked back. Jeff's got good sauce.

Mustachio's on Elmwood is good too but haven't been there in a while.

Dipaulo's WAS the best. The recession hit and their pizza died. They started putting very little toppings on the pie and the sauce got 'watery'. Started going to LaHaceinda, never looked back. Jeff's got good sauce.

That's too bad about DiPaulo's. We moved into a small town in a rural county and can't find a decent pie to save our lives. I've been living on memories of DiPaulo's pizza and on all the great free music around the Tonawandas. Can't find a decent band out here either.

Town, city or north? North, definitely pizza junction. City, I'm partial to Santoras on delaware. No clue about the town.

Mustachio's on Elmwood is good too but haven't been there in a while.

I use to work there. Yes, they have GREAT food! Bob and John's, been going there since I was a baby!

You know where is a GREAT place to try? Gino's Pizza at the corner of Brighton and Fries (right across from Kenmore East). It looks like an absolute dive, but I'll but their pizza up against anywhere else.

It is NOT akin to Bocce's (as other people have posted, Milano's on Englewood is a very good pizza in the same vein as Bocce's...sweeter sauce, little to no crust), Gino's has a delicious sauce, but the crust is where it really shines. Thicker than LaNova or Bob and Johns, very chewy. They use fresh mushrooms, unlike the canned ones almost everyone else goes with, and honestly, their White Pizza (no sauce...tomatoes, couple different kinds of cheeses) is probably one of the best in WNY. Our family has been going there for years, and we all went to Kenmore West. Plus, Gino, the owner, is a huge Sabres fan, so you can't go wrong there!

John's on Delaware av. makes a great Chicken Finger Pizza, and their wings are pretty good as well.

Santora's is still pretty good, but they kind of went "commercial" with a lot of their products. Their subs are still fantastic, though.

Bocce pizza is pretty good as well.

Did you move to the town or the city?

F*** the Chains! Go Local! Buffalo has the best cheap junk food in the nation. That's why Buffalonians die sooner (of heart failure, look it up!) than any other city in NYS, (but with a smile on their face!)

I haven't lived in Buff since '98 but I always come back for Leonardi's in Amherst, a great Buffalo style pizza. I'd travel miles for that good slice. It depends what you like...Buffalo style is usual a thick, doughy crust. There are NY style pizzas too and I hear Zetti's in University Plaza is good. I think the key to a good pizza joint is that it's been there forever and is locally owned, so they have the formula down pat and they can do it in their sleep. Everyone has their favorite and it's a shame the recession cut down on some shop's toppings...

Here's the Buffalo's best restaurant guide and enjoy! (you can cross-reference the restaurants in different ways...I gave you by location)

http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/restaurant.guide/

Not really NT, but I had one of the best pizzas I've ever a few weeks ago. Avenue Pizza on Elmwood, across from JP Bullfeathers. It's a little shack; my gf thinks is the original Pano's from the early 90s, and Google street view shows it as the Falafel bar.

Crust is Buffalo-thick style, but crispy on the outside, chewy in the center. Sauce is fairly heavily spiced with lots of oregano, which matches up with my home-made. Toppings were solid, although truth be told, the guy making it seemed to have a little crush on my girlfriend so that may have been a factor. :) It was open late on Xmas day; so glad I stopped.

Archived