OT: Pizza in Tonawanda?

deluca67

Dipaulo's WAS the best. The recession hit and their pizza died. They started putting very little toppings on the pie and the sauce got 'watery'. Started going to LaHaceinda, never looked back. Jeff's got good sauce.

Mustachio's on Elmwood is good too but haven't been there in a while.

Hi everyone... my family has owned and operated DiPaulo's Pizza since 1983, and I can assure you there have been no changes made to the sauce recipe due to recessionary cost cutting. We use only the best quality ingredients in our sauce and toppings. If you ever have a negative experience with one of our pizzas, don't hesitate to let us know. My father (Mike Grieco) takes great pride in our product and always puts in the extra effort to keep the customer satisfied.

DeLuca... I hope you'll stop by and give us a try. DiPaulo's has been serving the Ken-Ton area since 1968, and is located on the corner of Colvin and Brighton (571 Brighton Rd). Take a look at our UrbanSpoon page to see what others in your town have to say (DiPaulo's on UrbanSpoon), and our menu/history is available at www.dipaulospizza.com.

:lol: :lol: Dank is, in fact, good.

What's the recent news?? Derek Roy hoping he'll be back for playoffs? That's a whole 18 months away!

Dank used to mean damp, musty, wet... a dank basement. I'll be damned.

Domino's is better, but that's like saying the Bills quarterbacking was better this season.

Renna's is probably as close as our area can get to really good pizza. Napoli's isn't bad.

Hi everyone... my family has owned and operated DiPaulo's Pizza since 1983, and I can assure you there have been no changes made to the sauce recipe due to recessionary cost cutting. We use only the best quality ingredients in our sauce and toppings. If you ever have a negative experience with one of our pizzas, don't hesitate to let us know. My father (Mike Grieco) takes great pride in our product and always puts in the extra effort to keep the customer satisfied.

DeLuca... I hope you'll stop by and give us a try. DiPaulo's has been serving the Ken-Ton area since 1968, and is located on the corner of Colvin and Brighton (571 Brighton Rd). Take a look at our UrbanSpoon page to see what others in your town have to say (DiPaulo's on UrbanSpoon), and our menu/history is available at www.dipaulospizza.com.

I may give u another shot, but I need more than 4 slivers of pep per slice or more than 2 little 2" strips of green pepper to call it a pie.

Domino's is better, but that's like saying the Bills quarterbacking was better this season.

Renna's is probably as close as our area can get to really good pizza. Napoli's isn't bad.

Duude, dominos is night and day better than it used to be. I first tried it last year when I was living in Amherst and loved it. But to be honest, I'm not a big pizza guy, even when I go to dominos I usually get a sandwich instead. But right now dominos (and yes, Renna's) are atop my list. I don't really like Napoli.. it's not bad, it's just not that good either. To me it tastes like dominos used to.

I haven't had Renna's in probably two years. Mangia's in Allegany is pretty dank good though.

F*** the Chains! Go Local! Buffalo has the best cheap junk food in the nation. That's why Buffalonians die sooner (of heart failure, look it up!) than any other city in NYS, (but with a smile on their face!)

I haven't lived in Buff since '98 but I always come back for Leonardi's in Amherst, a great Buffalo style pizza. I'd travel miles for that good slice. It depends what you like...Buffalo style is usual a thick, doughy crust. There are NY style pizzas too and I hear Zetti's in University Plaza is good. I think the key to a good pizza joint is that it's been there forever and is locally owned, so they have the formula down pat and they can do it in their sleep. Everyone has their favorite and it's a shame the recession cut down on some shop's toppings...

Here's the Buffalo's best restaurant guide and enjoy! (you can cross-reference the restaurants in different ways...I gave you by location)

http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/restaurant.guide/

Leonardi's!

They would pile on the toppings. Good stuff.

I still can't tell you who is the best all around place. Some places do great pizza, some wings, some subs. I'm confused.

Dank = Good?

Someday scuzzy and cankerous will describe the most beautiful women.

I can vouch for DiPaulos! I grew up right around the corner...my family, for years, was torn between DiPaulo's and LaHacienda...fond memories of both. While I love Casa and La Nova, whenever I go home, I have to drive down to Tonawanda (nobody in the family lives in that area any more) and pick up a DiPaulos pizza, cheese and pepporoni. Had one the day after Christmas, after going to the Bills game...as good as I remember it!

You're on the list. Grieco? Did your family own the original Mr. Pizza at Grant & New Hampshire on the West Side? That was some good pizza. I grew up on Mr. Pizza, LaNova and Pizza Town.

Thanks for all the pizza options.

Archived