Fire Lindy Ruff NOW

Gotta go with one from each console.

Nintendo: Zelda

Super Nintendo: Mario Kart

Genesis: Golden Axe

Playstation: Resident Evil 2 / Gran Turismo 2

Nintendo 64: Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Playstation 2: God of War

Gamecube: Someone actually bought one of these???

xbox: Halo

xbox 360: NHL 11 / C.O.D.

PS3: haven't played it yet

Huh? So little love for Sega Saturn and Dreamcast that they don't even get a "Someone actually bought one of these???" :nana:

Overall it's not bad, it's just different. I am so used to playing NHL on the PS2 controllers and knowing instinctively which buttons to push and frankly, which buttons are which. Right now I am still going through the "wait, which button do I push for..." and "which button are they talking about?!?" stuff. I am already getting more comfortable but it's still not smooth for me.

If you are hitting buttons while playing NHL11, you're doing it wrong. I use the sticks, bumpers, and triggers. It is, by far and away, the way to play.

Huh? So little love for Sega Saturn and Dreamcast that they don't even get a "Someone actually bought one of these???" :nana:

Mmm, Soul Caliber and Metropolis Street Racer...

Somewhere above: GT5 is really slick, but I've just gotten to playing it in arcade mode. Haven't start the campaign yet.

Borderlands is pretty cool too, but mostly for the ascthetic they used.

That used to be my main time killer here at work... then the bastards blocked the site

Overall it's not bad, it's just different. I am so used to playing NHL on the PS2 controllers and knowing instinctively which buttons to push and frankly, which buttons are which. Right now I am still going through the "wait, which button do I push for..." and "which button are they talking about?!?" stuff. I am already getting more comfortable but it's still not smooth for me.

Can you re-configure the controls to something you would be more comfortable with?

If you are hitting buttons while playing NHL11, you're doing it wrong. I use the sticks, bumpers, and triggers. It is, by far and away, the way to play.

Bumpers and triggers are buttons.... I wouldn't be surprised at all if BM was referring to the bumpers and triggers when he was talking about buttons. It's easy enough to tell which button is 'X' when it calls for that button, but if you're unfamiliar with the control scheme, you may not have any idea what RB or LB or RT or LT are.

Bumpers and triggers are buttons.... I wouldn't be surprised at all if BM was referring to the bumpers and triggers when he was talking about buttons. It's easy enough to tell which button is 'X' when it calls for that button, but if you're unfamiliar with the control scheme, you may not have any idea what RB or LB or RT or LT are.

That's why I can't play these games.

This. The first few times RB/LB and RT/LT came up on the screen I was like WTF are they talking about?

I'm getting better and more comfortable with the controller. I've only had the system set up since Sunday, so not too many hours logged yet.

This whole conversation makes me miss my favorite hockey games, the NHL series back on the Sega. It was simple and addictive. The damn thing only had 3 buttons and one of them didn't even do anything. I've never really been able to get back into the hockey games full time ever since the creation of the playstation and the 8-buttoned controllers.

Sega Saturn was an even bigger joke that the gamecube was. Only reason gamecube had so many sales was because of smash bros.

Dreamcast was actually a pretty good system in my eyes. Just a shame that they came out at the same time that cd burners started to become a big thing. Pop in the cd, copy, burn. I have a new game!

One game that I miss the most was Madden 94 for SNES. Only reason being that if you were in two player mode playing on the same team, if you ran the half back pitch and the second player just ran down field with the HB, the QB would still pitch the ball to his right and the HB would end up with it 20-30 yards down field. Good ol' glitches.

SOCOM: US Navy Seals and SOCOM II: US Navy Seals were my favorite games ever. I was 11 when SOCOM 1 came out and 13 when SOCOM 2 came out and I spent HOURS a day on those games. IT was a blast. A third-person shooter, made clans and do 8v8 battles vs other teams. It was the best.

The SOCOM series on PS2 was one of my favorites of all-time.

This. The first few times RB/LB and RT/LT came up on the screen I was like WTF are they talking about?

I'm getting better and more comfortable with the controller. I've only had the system set up since Sunday, so not too many hours logged yet.

So I am OK with NHL and Red Dead Redemption, but the different buttons on the xbox controller are really throwing me off in the NCAA Football game, specifically when passing. I am still not completely comfortable with where the buttons are, so more often than I'd like to admit I screw up a passing play by hitting the wrong button and throwing to the wrong receiver, or pull a Trent Edwards "deer-in-headlights" freeze play because I take too long to throw the ball away.

The SOCOM series on PS2 was one of my favorites of all-time.

So I am OK with NHL and Red Dead Redemption, but the different buttons on the xbox controller are really throwing me off in the NCAA Football game, specifically when passing. I am still not completely comfortable with where the buttons are, so more often than I'd like to admit I screw up a passing play by hitting the wrong button and throwing to the wrong receiver, or pull a Trent Edwards "deer-in-headlights" freeze play because I take too long to throw the ball away.

I just ordered 28 issues of SI with Madden 2011 for $40. Seems like a really good deal.

I love NHL11, but I can only play online as my son's "guest". Starting with NHL 11,EA gives out one online "pass code" which can be associated with one gamertag only. If I want to play alone under my own tag,it's extra $$$, which isn't worth it since I would have to taser the kid to get the disk from him.LOL. So Halo:Reach & Black Ops are my main time-wasters.

Gotta go with one from each console.

Nintendo: Zelda

Super Nintendo: Mario Kart

Genesis: Golden Axe

Playstation: Resident Evil 2 / Gran Turismo 2

Nintendo 64: Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Playstation 2: God of War

Gamecube: Someone actually bought one of these???

xbox: Halo

xbox 360: NHL 11 / C.O.D.

PS3: haven't played it yet

Nintendo: Zelda was a GREAT game, but Smario Bros 3 was number one

Super Nintendo: Mario Kart was a ground breaker, but the best was Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Genesis: I'd have to go w/ Contra Hard Corps

Playstation: Honestly, did you not play Metal Gear Solid?

Nintendo 64: Zelda rules again. Ocarina of Time was another Nintendo game that set a new standard

Playstation 2: God of War probably was the best. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy X(Last good Final Fantasy game)

Gamecube: I bought one! And Metroid Prime was AWESOME!

Xbox: Halo was very good, but a bit overrated in my opinion

360: Gears of War, man! It's great on and offline. C.O.D. offline play is BORING!

PS3: Have to go back to Metal Gear Solid on this one. The 4th and final Metal Gear was AMAZING! I wish they'd make a series of movies following the Metal Gear Solid storyline

Archived