Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

The only interesting storyline now is how Mark Jeanneret treats his big chance. He's been doing a brazen (and pretty funny) impression of his dad for years. Does he have the guts to do it in his dad's league, or does he tone it down?

Ummmm....what?

Of all the things you get worked up about, I find this one to be the most curious. I don't know what else you expect him to do. He is Rick's son. He is going to sound like him

exactly.

Just another one of his pointless vendettas - he's been on this one since the summer. Sticky icky link.

I am excited to hear how Mark does. Face it, unless he falls flat on his face in the next two games, he will be the voice of the Sabres for the next 30 years.

Of all the things you get worked up about, I find this one to be the most curious. I don't know what else you expect him to do. He is Rick's son. He is going to sound like him

exactly.

Do you know what an impression is?

Shrieking "scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore" is not inherited. Hell, Rick himself never did it until relatively recently.

Do you know what an impression is?

Shrieking "scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore" is not inherited. Hell, Rick himself never did it until relatively recently.

No, my "what" was along the lines of,"oh, is he taking over for his dad tonight?"

I'd assume this would change. LR said last week he doesn't like to show his lines to the other team before the game.

Is that why they play so bad - since they never get to practice with their actual linemates for the game since Lindy doesn't want to show his lines?

OK - which one of you posted this?

TSN - Roy story

Howie Hodge

Sabres are near the bottom with Roy in the lineup. This merely puts them in the mix for a top five pick in next years draft. Very por season for Buffalo; but some of in Buffalo have been calling this demise ever since Marcy Regier let the core of the team leave, reolaced them with mediocre players tied to long term contracts. Very sad indeed....

OK - which one of you posted this?

TSN - Roy story

Howie Hodge

Sabres are near the bottom with Roy in the lineup. This merely puts them in the mix for a top five pick in next years draft. Very por season for Buffalo; but some of in Buffalo have been calling this demise ever since Marcy Regier let the core of the team leave, reolaced them with mediocre players tied to long term contracts. Very sad indeed....

If Drury and Briere had stayed I wonder where this team would be now?

If Drury and Briere had stayed I wonder where this team would be now?

Had we extended either guy, I think we'd have let Vanek go to Edmonton and had four extra first rounders. We'd have had a legit captain and leader for the past four seasons and other players like Roy and Pominville wouldn't have been thrust into roles that they aren't cut out for. We'd be in much, much better shape.

And remember: Briere wanted to stay and Drury actually agreed to an extension that the team pulled after he agreed to it. We could have kept either guy. Black Sunday only happened because our absentee owner doesn't give a **** and because Larry Quinn is a disaster as a team president. It didn't have to be this way.

It's embarrassing. You'd think he'd like to carve his own niche in the broadcasting world, instead he comes off like a cheap cover band. At this point I'd rather hear Hamilton or even dooshy Sylvester.

Rick's broadcasting has evolved a lot over the years. If his son ever got the job full-time, I imagine he'd find his own voice once he figured out what he was doing. Broadcasting seems like one of those weird jobs that takes forever to master and where you're constantly adjusting and changing.

Archived