Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Lindy's insistence on using Hecht at center is infuriating.

I agree, although I'm not sure he has much of a choice tonight. Going to be some interesting line combos out there... maybe if we're lucky something will spark.

I agree, although I'm not sure he has much of a choice tonight. Going to be some interesting line combos out there... maybe if we're lucky something will spark.

A spark would be nice, but given this teams lack of firepower, a spark would ignite a 10cent sparkler in a league with teams armed with nukes. At least the flames are doing as poorly as the sabres this year. Battle of bottom of conference.

Any word on whether calgary is resting Kipper so as to continue the league's policy of using backup goalies to stymie buffalo's offense?

BN says these were the practice lines this morning:

Ennis-Niedermayer-Vanek

Stafford-Hecht-Pominville

Gaustad-McCormick-Grier

Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta

I'd assume this would change. LR said last week he doesn't like to show his lines to the other team before the game.

Ennis-Niedermayer-Vanek

Gaustad-McCormick-Grier

Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta

I'd assume this would change. LR said last week he doesn't like to show his lines to the other team before the game.

I sure hope so - time to give Adam an extended look as a top six center and find out how good this kid really is. No worries about being sent down, no worries that a bad give away will get you stapled to the bench. Play him all game long - PP, PK and even strength. Let's see what we've got.

Ennis-Niedermayer-Vanek

Gaustad-McCormick-Grier

Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta

I wonder why Goose is on the wing? Even though he belongs on the 3rd or 4th line I'd bump him to the second line so both he and McCormick are playing center just to keep Hecht on the wing.

Let's not forget the game that Nieds had last game. he may have been the best player on the ice that game. Seems his knee is back and he's not "scared" of hurting it anymore.

That first line could do some damage.

As well as this one:

Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta

You might see Adam move up and then put McCormick on that line.

I agree, let's see what Adam's got.

A spark would be nice, but given this teams lack of firepower, a spark would ignite a 10cent sparkler in a league with teams armed with nukes. At least the flames are doing as poorly as the sabres this year.

Maybe we can find a nickel rocket with a wet fuse.

Ennis-Niedermayer-Vanek

Gaustad-McCormick-Grier

Gerbe-Adam-Kaleta

Since when? We've known line combos, defense pairings and starting goalies sometimes days in advance.

This guy is so full of ###### at this point in his tenure, his eyes are brown.

The only interesting storyline now is how Mark Jeanneret treats his big chance. He's been doing a brazen (and pretty funny) impression of his dad for years. Does he have the guts to do it in his dad's league, or does he tone it down?

Of all the things you get worked up about, I find this one to be the most curious. I don't know what else you expect him to do. He is Rick's son. He is going to sound like him

Ummmm....what?

exactly.

Archived