Jeanneret Bingo

Eleven

Eleven, is this leading somewhere?

Do we create a bingo card people can print out and mark? Everyone plays the same card? Or do we need 75 expressions? :blink:

Or is this "just for fun"?

Here's one he doesn't say often: "a-gain," with the "gain" said like the word "gain." Is this the Canadian pronunciation? Also, "oat-side of the net."

Eleven, is this leading somewhere?

Do we create a bingo card people can print out and mark? Everyone plays the same card? Or do we need 75 expressions? :blink:

Or is this "just for fun"?

Here's one he doesn't say often: "a-gain," with the "gain" said like the word "gain." Is this the Canadian pronunciation? Also, "oat-side of the net."

I pronounce "again" that way and I think it's from listening to RJ.

It might be neat to make a novelty bingo card. Maybe I'll try over the holiday weekend. Then one of you computer geniuses can take my crappy product and turn it into something nice.

Usually with 1:35 to go. :)

Rick has always been terrible with the clock, and I don't know why for sure. Is he keeping it in his head?

IIRC, I read a few years back that he said he did that because by the time he'd get the whole phrase out of his mouth that it would be the time he was stating/describing. (Probably including the "radio-delay" into there as well.) Me thinks the timing even going that way is slightly off.

And it doesn't really work w/ this JB game, but my personal all-time least favorite Jeanneretism was "Smehlik clears the puck, ... not out." If I never hear that again, it will be too soon.

IIRC, I read a few years back that he said he did that because by the time he'd get the whole phrase out of his mouth that it would be the time he was stating/describing. (Probably including the "radio-delay" into there as well.) Me thinks the timing even going that way is slightly off.

And it doesn't really work w/ this JB game, but my personal all-time least favorite Jeanneretism was "Smehlik clears the puck, ... not out." If I never hear that again, it will be too soon.

That along with "Zhitnik blasts it into the glass"

• 2 months later...

Not to date myself but back when Don Luce was playing it was Luce going in on a breakaway, he shoots it over top of a wide open net. Now it is... "Connolly winds up and shoots it wide."

There is also the mad scramble and the puck goes back to the point for (insert name).... "he takes his shaaat"

Not much lately of Momma hides the cookies, but they are starting to use it in NYC on local highlights.

Not to date myself but back when Don Luce was playing it was Luce going in on a breakaway, he shoots it over top of a wide open net. Now it is... "Connolly winds up and shoots it wide."

There is also the mad scramble and the puck goes back to the point for (insert name).... "he takes his shaaat"

Not much lately of Momma hides the cookies, but they are starting to use it in NYC on local highlights.

That's because it's been a long time since any Sabre actually scored there.

• 2 weeks later...

The way he pronounce "At all" as one word (sorry if it was mentioned already).

it doesn't apply very often but when it does, he nails it -- "The two #19's face off!" (or replace 19 with whatever number but i generally notice the 19 because of the buffalo/ottawa matchup)

Archived