Name That Former Sabre!

PASabreFan

I always thought Ted Darling pronounced it with a rising intonation like a question.

Yvon Lambert?

Speaking of Ted, WNED is running a show tonight called "Don't Touch That Dial," a nostalgic look back at Buffalo broadcasting in the 50s, 60s and 70s. When talking about Ted in the documentary, they had Rick's voice playing. A pretty big mistake.

As an aside... who did AHL Bison games, and are there any old clips floating around the Internet?

Speaking of Ted, WNED is running a show tonight called "Don't Touch That Dial," a nostalgic look back at Buffalo broadcasting in the 50s, 60s and 70s. When talking about Ted in the documentary, they had Rick's voice playing. A pretty big mistake.

As an aside... who did AHL Bison games, and are there any old clips floating around the Internet?

Here's another nostalgic aside, does anybody remember the Buffalo Norsemen? What were they, a club team? I don't remember if I had other memorabilia but growing up, I definitely remember having a sticker on my bedroom door,.. I think.

EDIT: It actually didn't take that much digging. Link for anyone else who cares. Kind of ironic that they mention McKegney.

J-L G-P indeed. That photo is from a real estate office in Ohio where he's an agent.

http://www.therainesgroup.com/staff.php

I wonder if the Sabres have been the most diverse team in the NHL over the years, at least in terms of African-American players. McKegney, James, Fuhr, Grand-Pierre, Ndur (stick tap to shrader), Grier, who else?

J-L Big Peter is still playing.... TPS Turku in Finland. Last year he was in Norway.

Archived