Name That Former Sabre!

PASabreFan

Not Halkidis and not Wood. This hint, although cryptic, has a slight nuance that should make it clear. The Sabres were the first NHL team he played for, albeit for a short time. The only other team he played for was the Rangers.

Well, why didn't you say that?

Rob McClanahan.

Rob joined ThinkEquity Partners in March of 2002 as Managing Director, Head of Institutional Trading. He began his career as a Salestrader with Morgan Stanley in 1985. Following his tenure with Morgan Stanley, Rob was at Bear Stearns in Chicago for nearly six years; and later commenced an 8-year association with U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray as a Managing Director in their Institutional Equities Group. Rob attended the University of Minnesota and was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic Gold Medal Hockey Team.

I have a few more as well, but I think it's only you, me and DeLuca at this point. Maybe we should bring it back when the Sabres are officially eliminated from the playoffs around February?

Or mix in a couple less obscure players. I don't mean the obvious guys like LaFontaine, but maybe mix in a Krupp or two.

Or mix in a couple less obscure players. I don't mean the obvious guys like LaFontaine, but maybe mix in a Krupp or two.

I actually looked for Krupp before and there are a lot of current pictures of him out there since he is in coaching these days. He wears glasses now, but outside of that he looks identical to when he was playing. You almost need to go pre-1985 to have a chance of stumping people a little with guys going gray and getting fat or balding. These guys aren't that obscure. I'm just old!!

Maybe going forward a player must have played at least 100 games as a Sabre to be eligible? Maybe we make players from other teams eligible?

I actually looked for Krupp before and there are a lot of current pictures of him out there since he is in coaching these days. He wears glasses now, but outside of that he looks identical to when he was playing. You almost need to go pre-1985 to have a chance of stumping people a little with guys going gray and getting fat or balding. These guys aren't that obscure. I'm just old!!

Maybe going forward a player must have played at least 100 games as a Sabre to be eligible? Maybe we make players from other teams eligible?

Does it have always have to be a picture that stumps someone? Every now and then people need that "hey, that's (so-and-so)!" moment.

Archived