Name That Former Sabre!

PASabreFan

Not McKegney, not Val James and I know it's not Grier because he is a current Sabre....... so then it must be Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre!

J-L G-P indeed. That photo is from a real estate office in Ohio where he's an agent.

http://www.therainesgroup.com/staff.php

I wonder if the Sabres have been the most diverse team in the NHL over the years, at least in terms of African-American players. McKegney, James, Fuhr, Grand-Pierre, Ndur (stick tap to shrader), Grier, who else?

I wonder if the Sabres have been the most diverse team in the NHL over the years, at least in terms of African-American players. McKegney, James, Fuhr, Grand-Pierre, Ndur (stick tap to shrader), Grier, who else?

Atlanta can almost match that list this year alone.

Atlanta can almost match that list this year alone.

I have heard rumors that this was deliberate, in a marketplace with a lot of African-Americans with significant disposable income. A smart way to build a fanbase and promote the game to youngsters, IMO.

Yes. I was googling him for my next attempt to stump people in this thread. He did have some great ones. If you do a google image search for "Gary Bromley" they all come up.

This one is great.

That mask in your avatar is probably one of my favorite goalie masks of all time. You can buy reproductions. I've debated getting one with a small eye cage so I can use it for pickup games with friends that I don't have to worry about getting hurt around. It'd be great to wear one in a game. You just can't do mask art like that anymore.

That mask in your avatar is probably one of my favorite goalie masks of all time. You can buy reproductions. I've debated getting one with a small eye cage so I can use it for pickup games with friends that I don't have to worry about getting hurt around. It'd be great to wear one in a game. You just can't do mask art like that anymore.

I was wondering if you could get one and found the hockeymasks.com site. It would look great on a shelf in my man cave, but at $400 I don't think I could justify it to the wife!

Gary Bromley Sabres mask reproduction.

Actually went to hs with Tony's son.

Tony McKegney had great hands and a quick accurate shot. And although he really didn't have great speed he was quick in tight space, he played with passion and loved setting up in the circles.

I always thought he was one of the most under-rated Sabres. But he usually put up great numbers on the second line and had a knack for lighting the lamp.

I think Andreychuk made him expendable. He'll always be one of my favorite Sabres.

Archived