[OT] Larry Quinn is truly clueless

LabattBlue

I thought Mike Grier was more of a bass guy.

Ahem. :nana:

Anyways....Buffalo, NY, must be the only place on earth where Larry Quinn could be considered a successful businessman and/or land developer. The non-building of Bass Pro lasted over a third of my life, and every time they show all the waterfront "development" all I see are some walkways with that abortion of a skyway looming over them.

I'm no fan of his, but to me, it sounds like a tenacious businessman who isn't going to take "No" for an answer.

Wow.

Tenacious or not, if they couldn't get a signature on a contract after 5+ years, LQ and the other cronies on the ECHDC should be smart enough to know they are being strung along(I guess the handout was never big enough) and should move on to Plan B. The problem is, I don't think they have a Plan B in terms of a replacement for Bass Pro.

Tenacious or not, if they couldn't get a signature on a contract after 5+ years, LQ and the other cronies on the ECHDC should be smart enough to know they are being strung along(I guess the handout was never big enough) and should move on to Plan B. The problem is, I don't think they have a Plan B in terms of a replacement for Bass Pro.

And once you start stalking the other party in a negotiation, you've lost almost all leverage. If Bass Pro truly is interested in placing a store in Buffalo, the city will now have to really grab its ankles to get a deal done.

And once you start stalking the other party in a negotiation, you've lost almost all leverage. If Bass Pro truly is interested in placing a store in Buffalo, the city will now have to really grab its ankles to get a deal done.

At this point, they might as well give up. Maybe Cabela's would be interested in the site?

Bass pro lists a store in buffalo on this year's catalog, so yeah, I would say they were serious.

Leave it to Buffalo politicians. They could screw up an ######.

Edit: the correct spelling of orgie gets edited?

Shortly after the deal was announced nine years ago, Bass Pro listed Buffalo as a store site that was "Opening Soon". Nine years later, their seriousness is in doubt. Bass Pro managed to open twenty-six other stores in that time period, including two within a short drive of Buffalo. Apparently, a 35 million dollar handout was not enough...

Shortly after the deal was announced nine years ago, Bass Pro listed Buffalo as a store site that was "Opening Soon". Nine years later, their seriousness is in doubt. Bass Pro managed to open twenty-six other stores in that time period, including two within a short drive of Buffalo. Apparently, a 35 million dollar handout was not enough...

Of course, all of that originally hinged on them using the corpse of the Aud, right? That was pure stupidity.

My two cents - IKEA would be huge. The problem with Bass Pro now, is that it has lost is uniqueness. I believe there are several of them within 2-4 hours and that kills the allure of out-of-town dollars.

There are two IKEA's out here in NJ and people come from all over the region to these places.

I at least, however misguided, admire LQ for continuing to try...somebody has to..

My two cents - IKEA would be huge. The problem with Bass Pro now, is that it has lost is uniqueness. I believe there are several of them within 2-4 hours and that kills the allure of out-of-town dollars.

There are two IKEA's out here in NJ and people come from all over the region to these places.

I at least, however misguided, admire LQ for continuing to try...somebody has to..

Good points all around. As much fun as we make of LQ he does at least try. However he's probably not worried about his mortgage, kids college fun, health insurance, electric bill etc etc etc. Like some of us are. With money and power come expectations.

IKEA has already stated they have no interest in a Buffalo store.

Archived