Sabres have worse schedule

ECHL

It's a marketing move at the league level. NHL gets better attendance and better TV ratings on weekends. 37 of our games last year were on Friday or Saturday nights. 36 this coming year. 13 of our 15 back to back games this year are Friday and Saturday night pairs (3 of those Fri/Sat pairs are home both games).

Strictly according to the analysis in the article (which ignores lots of other important factors), the Sabres are statistically disadvantaged by about 1/3 of a point by the end of the season.

We're going to win the division again, so ###### that article.

Edit: And I'd rather get the better gate and TV revenue to improve club (and league-wide) finances than worry about some small-order schedule inequalities.

What is it,22 back to backs? Has anyone checked to see how many of the 2nd games are against rested teams or division rivals that are also rested?

The Sabres request Saturday home games from the league. They come at the expense of back to backs. OSP deals with it by counting their money from all the sell outs.

I ###### guys like you for lunch...sexy

Sure you do. You don't drink hot chocolate because you don't skate. I don't drink beer because that keeps me from going to jail. Let me guess comic books and tatoos. Isn't it easier to be polite?

Sure you do. You don't drink hot chocolate because you don't skate. I don't drink beer because that keeps me from going to jail. Let me guess comic books and tatoos. Isn't it easier to be polite?

And they wonder about people from Buffalo. I say this thread is pretty pithy, witty and creative... Man we have a lot of time on our hands for such deep thoughts.:wallbash:

And they wonder about people from Buffalo. I say this thread is pretty pithy, witty and creative... Man we have a lot of time on our hands for such deep thoughts.:wallbash:

At least you have hockey ideas. So far the guy has let me know I'm creepy, drink hot chocalate (not beer maybe?), and make grammar mistakes. I thought it was a tough schedule then last year so I thought it was right but it probably isnt. That's all. my spelling is worse then my reading, its a lifelong thing. Hell I don't care. Didnt know it was a college club.

At least you have hockey ideas. So far the guy has let me know I'm creepy, drink hot chocalate (not beer maybe?), and make grammar mistakes. I thought it was a tough schedule then last year so I thought it was right but it probably isnt. That's all. my spelling is worse then my reading, its a lifelong thing. Hell I don't care. Didnt know it was a college club.

A grammar school education is why I went to college? :blink:

Hot chocolate? I don't think that was me. The creepy thing was a joke and your spelling and grammar aren't the worst that I've seen around here.

You are correct, I need to be more tolerant of others. It affects me personally and professionally. I apologize for the critique and I'll be more context aware than syntax critical.

Hot chocolate? I don't think that was me. The creepy thing was a joke and your spelling and grammar aren't the worst that I've seen around here.

You are correct, I need to be more tolerant of others. It affects me personally and professionally. I apologize for the critique and I'll be more context aware than syntax critical.

You've grown.

...I don't like it.

This was a graph of the Sabres schedule for back to back games. Worse in the NHL. If this was talked about before it is okay to erase it. http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2010/8/9/1613353/nhl-schedule-feeds-some-teams

I've never given the back to back theory much credibility. It seems arbitrary and excuse laden. Someone intellectually superior to me needs to research this phenomenon to validate it. I think it's more myth than reality. I could be wrong.

I've never given the back to back theory much credibility. It seems arbitrary and excuse laden. Someone intellectually superior to me needs to research this phenomenon to validate it. I think it's more myth than reality. I could be wrong.

I think it's valid, but it also seems to me that a team built for the playoffs is more apt to win on that second night and that's what we are really complaining about.

That's not what she said.

(better?)

Yes.

I think it's valid, but it also seems to me that a team built for the playoffs is more apt to win on that second night and that's what we are really complaining about.

The better teams are the ones that win both of the back to back games most of the time. ;)

Archived