Souray on waivers

tom webster

Ahhh crap, I mixed you up with someone else. That "I realize you want to complain about everything" line was a bit over the top then. Sorry about that. Now I just hope you can also get past the fact that I confused you for someone else (I won't mention the name just in case that would be an even bigger slap in the face).

No worries! ;)

I know you won't be mistaking me for Sabresrepublic, but I am hardly at Deluca's level at this point.

No worries! ;)

I know you won't be mistaking me for Sabresrepublic, but I am hardly at Deluca's level at this point.

If you ever use the word aptitude or start ending every single sentence you type with an exclamation point, I'm going to call you on this one.

DO IT. IMMEDIATELY.

He's worth a shot.

Wouldn't Edmonton have to pay for 1/4th his salary if we pick him up now? Thus shrinking his cap hit to a very manageable 4.05 million per season the next two seasons?

Either way, we give up nothing to get him. If healthy, he could realistically chip in 20 goals per season and be a PP stud.

We have plenty of cap room. This is a total low risk, high reward pick up for ANY team in the league.

I know Alice has leadfoot, doesn't go all out and has no hockey sense, but it's a long season, I think he'll be cheap and he's also a good shootout guy. him and souray are 2 absolute canons from the point. you can get rid of him before playoffs, if the Sabres make it.

I'm just bumming that the rest of the league it seems is kicking butt, esp. Rick Dudley in Atlanta, Lamariello in NJ, etc. and Buffalo is crying poor with absolutely no moves.

Blockbuster please! Anything!

I know Alice has leadfoot, doesn't go all out and has no hockey sense, but it's a long season, I think he'll be cheap and he's also a good shootout guy. him and souray are 2 absolute canons from the point. you can get rid of him before playoffs, if the Sabres make it.

I'm just bumming that the rest of the league it seems is kicking butt, esp. Rick Dudley in Atlanta, Lamariello in NJ, etc. and Buffalo is crying poor with absolutely no moves.

Blockbuster please! Anything!

Absolutely no moves? Are you that dense?

DO IT. IMMEDIATELY.

He's worth a shot.

Wouldn't Edmonton have to pay for 1/4th his salary if we pick him up now? Thus shrinking his cap hit to a very manageable 4.05 million per season the next two seasons?

Either way, we give up nothing to get him. If healthy, he could realistically chip in 20 goals per season and be a PP stud.

We have plenty of cap room. This is a total low risk, high reward pick up for ANY team in the league.

The only time a team ever has to pick anything up is if the player is claimed off of re-entry waivers. This is just a regular waiver situation with Souray. If someone claims him, they get everything, the cap hit and the full salary. If he clears these waivers, he can be placed on re-entry waivers at any point. A claim there would stick Edmonton with half the salary/cap hit.

I don't want to get into a flame war with you but Buffalo hasn't made a major move in years. Are you that dense?

You said "absolutely no moves". Did you mean something else or were we all supposed to treat you like a man-child and ignore that part?

I think u have to get a pp defenseman sekera isnt the answer as of yet, im sick of seeing pommawaste on the point, I like the way Leopold moves the puck out of the defensive zone but I cant recall his pp ability. Regardless of what they do this team is so lacking at the center position they are gonna have to make a deal to bring in a real good center. If they go thru the season with garbage centers of last yr we will get the same result.

Anyone who thinks Darcy is going to make ANY significant moves is completely delusional! Top free agents do not want to sign with Buffalo. Darcy has always overvalued his own players and he hasn't made any real trades since Drury. Golisano is not going to spend to the cap. Soursy is a pipe dream. The current Sabres roster will be the roster on opening day. Get a grip!

No worries! ;)

You'll need to grow a set and never apologize to the Pollyannas to reach my level.

Souray? Is he healthy? He's played 26-81-37 games the last three seasons. I'm not sure I would take him at a reduced rate.

While I don't expect every analyst to know everything about every player, stating he's waiting for Connolly to play a full season,right on the heels of Tim playing 73 games. :doh:

...and then Bob's your uncle. :blink:

I kinda liked that interview. Also, no matter how disappointing TC was in the playoffs, he undeniably broke his foot something like 2.5 weeks before the playoffs started -- so we didn't get to see how he would do in the playoffs if he were healthy and in the groove.

If you ever use the word aptitude or start ending every single sentence you type with an exclamation point, I'm going to call you on this one.

Skill and aptitude! Aptitude and skill!

I kinda liked that interview. Also, no matter how disappointing TC was in the playoffs, he undeniably broke his foot something like 2.5 weeks before the playoffs started -- so we didn't get to see how he would do in the playoffs if he were healthy and in the groove.

Skill and aptitude! Aptitude and skill!

Looks like a Darcy wish list, missing grit and toughness.

Looks like a Darcy wish list, missing grit and toughness.

Here's the top 18 skaters if the season started tomorrow:

Myers -- in between

Leopold -- TBD

Rivet -- tough

Montador -- tough

Sekera -- not tough

Weber -- tough

Roy -- in between

Vanek -- in between

Ennis -- TBD

TC -- not tough

Pommer -- not tough

Hecht -- tough

Grier -- tough

Kennedy -- tough

Gerbe -- not tough

Gaustad -- tough

Kaleta -- tough

Stafford -- not tough

That's 8 tough, 6 not tough, 3 in between and 2 TBD. When Stafford or Gerbe is benched for McCormick or Ellis it gets even tougher.

Here's the top 18 skaters if the season started tomorrow:

Myers -- in between

Leopold -- TBD

Rivet -- tough

Montador -- tough

Sekera -- not tough

Weber -- tough

Roy -- in between

Vanek -- in between

Ennis -- TBD

TC -- not tough

Pommer -- not tough

Hecht -- tough

Grier -- tough

Kennedy -- tough

Gerbe -- not tough

Gaustad -- tough

Kaleta -- tough

Stafford -- not tough

That's 8 tough, 6 not tough, 3 in between and 2 TBD. When Stafford or Gerbe is benched for McCormick or Ellis it gets even tougher.

Gaustad hasn't been "tough" for a while now?

Montador? 54 hits in 73 games? The guy is a real hammer :doh:

Kaleta? is tough when he's not injured. I'll give full credit for eliminating the "turtle" aspect of his game.

Rivet and Mair? They want to be tough, the body just doesn't allow for it.

Kennedy and Grier try to play tough, too bad they don't have that high level of talent to go with it.

Weber? I hope he is tough, I also hope what toughness he has isn't coached out of him.

SwampD is right, the lineup scares no one. This is typical of a Regier team. The "toughness" is isolated to the fourth line types.

Archived