Souray on waivers

tom webster

The Oilers can now choose to keep Souray on their roster or send him to the minors. If he is sent down, he could be placed on re-entry waivers by the team at a later date, at which time he can be claimed - but Edmonton would have to pay half his salary.

I think paying half of his contract at a minimum provides some payback to Kevin Lowe for that ridiculous offer to Vanek...

The Oilers can now choose to keep Souray on their roster or send him to the minors. If he is sent down, he could be placed on re-entry waivers by the team at a later date, at which time he can be claimed - but Edmonton would have to pay half his salary.

I think paying half of his contract at a minimum provides some payback to Kevin Lowe for that ridiculous offer to Vanek...

Some payback -- they get rid of the player they don't want and only have to pay half his salary.

I gathered most wanted to add this guy to the mix we have in the back end, half-price (while Edmonton subsidizes the other portion) is not a bad way to test drive his skills. Unsure Darcy can package and afford a deal for Kaberle, hope it comes out that he had offers to both Volchenkov and Martin. At this point what is left.....Corvo?

Some payback -- they get rid of the player they don't want and only have to pay half his salary.

It's kind of a bite in the butt to have to pay half of his salary while another team scoops him up for a 50% discount.

Archived