I never thought I'd say this, but I have more faith in the Bills than the Sabres right now

Tyrannustyrannus

I agree and maybe they will trade for someone but Butler and Sekera will be better and Weber make people forget about Loods and Hank.

I thought the majority of fans couldn't stand these two, but now that they are gone and have not been replaced by a Duncan Keith or Chris Pronger, suddenly everyone is upset they are gone?!?!

I would have been OK with the Sabres getting Byfuglien or Horton, but both have plenty of question marks attached. I will be very disappointed though if there are no changes to the top 6 other than Ennis and Kennedy taking top 6 spots.

You are always going to be disappointed with the Sabres in the future.

I agree and maybe they will trade for someone but Butler and Sekera will be better and Weber make people forget about Loods and Hank.

That's a tall order for a team that has issues developing defencemen. I do hope you are right. It would a monumental step in the development of this franchise if the so-called depth at defense came through. It would be awesome if Rivet and Montador were forced to the press box. I just don't see it happening.

I wasn't looking to make u feel better. Just stating the obvious and my guess.

Funny how obvious is a matter of opinion. I 'm just trying to point out that Regier using trades wisely and using trades as a tool to build his team is a fallacy.

I thought the majority of fans couldn't stand these two, but now that they are gone and have not been replaced by a Duncan Keith or Chris Pronger, suddenly everyone is upset they are gone?!?!

Excellent post my friend. I wish I had the diligence to go back and compare all the complaints about them being here to the current complaints that they are gone. I wonder how many of the same names would appear on those lists.

Excellent post my friend. I wish I had the diligence to go back and compare all the complaints about them being here to the current complaints that they are gone. I wonder how many of the same names would appear on those lists.

I'm not upset. Well, not that they are gone. I'm upset that it's just another lateral move by Darcy. I'm sure Leopold will be fine, just like L and T were. I certainly don't feel like this though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LC38rBYK7c

I think the problem with Lydman and Tallinder being gone is that Regiers going to replace from within which is just more of the same around Buffalo. I'm trying to imagine a Sabres D with 3 possibly 4(with injury problems) rookies manning the point. It could very well be another stepback year for this organization.

Guest Sloth

That philosophy works just enough to keep us away from the bottom of the pile and away from the top as well. Thus we will be forever drafting between 16 and 24 in the entry level draft each year because we will always be not quite bad enough, but not quite good enough either. It's been going on since Golisano took over.

Being constantly in the middle always offers hope for the future in whatever minor move Regier makes. And hope sells tickets because we'll always be just one or three players away and so he doesn't have to break the bank to get someone like Kovalchuk. And ticket sales are all Golisano really cares about.

Hmmm...sounds a lot like how the Buffalo Bills are run. Both organizations seem to have the same idea of operations. Great post Bullwinkle. :thumbsup:

Hmmm...sounds a lot like how the Buffalo Bills are run. Both organizations seem to have the same idea of operations. Great post Bullwinkle. :thumbsup:

Except the Bills are never "constantly in the middle". They're always in the bottom third.

Except the Bills are never "constantly in the middle". They're always in the bottom third.

Thank you Thanes.

I would never mention the Bills and the Sabres in the same sentence regarding organizational quality. I am positive we will win a Stanley Cup before a Super Bowl. My major concern right now is that it happens in my lifetime (I'm 65).

Guest Sloth

Basically, you can expect a 7-9 season from the Bills every year. That is a record that can give a lot of Bills fans hope for the next season. It's been 10 years now since any of us have seen the Bills make the playoffs. I can't imagine what today's youth, far younger than my 29, think of the Bills. Are they as devoted as many of us older fans are? Are they as hopeful as many of older fans are? I like to think they are, but I have lived across the country, and many of today's youth will support a team who's winning; not a "home town" team. I have to admit that bothers me. On the coast of MS, so many people supported the Greenbay Packers because of Brett Favre. As soon as the Saints became a great team, a lot people tried to say they've been Saints fans their entire lives. Some were not lying, but I will say most of them were. I would ask a Saints "fan" who was the quarterback for the Saints in 2003, far before Drew Brees arival. Most of them cannot say Aaron Brooks, a cousin of Michael Vick, and that tells me they are not a devoted fan of the Saints. I can't stand the Saints, and I even know more than most Saints "fans" on the coast. I truly belive Buffalo has more true fans than any other sports city in the United States. This pertains to both the Bills and SABRES. I simply cannot stand bandwagon fans.I will admit every sports team has bandwagon fans, though...

Thank you Thanes.

I would never mention the Bills and the Sabres in the same sentence regarding organizational quality. I am positive we will win a Stanley Cup before a Super Bowl. My major concern right now is that it happens in my lifetime (I'm 65).

I feel that change may at lest give the illusion of something to hope for. Both organizations are a mess from top to bottom, but at least one owner looks like he cares (as much as he is able to do these days)

Guest Sloth

Thank you Thanes.

I'm 29, and my major concern is that a Buffalo sports championship will not happen in my lifetime. I am actually somewhat serious on that! Most of my friends and relatives are die hard Buffalo sports fans, and we all have the same dream most Buffalonians have. And that consist of the Sabres wining a Stanley Cup and the Bills winning a Super Bowl. I would like the Sabres to win a Stanley Cup before the Bills win a Super Bowl, though.

Tallinder and Lydman are $3mil + per year Dmen. Weber wasnt good enough to beat out sekera or butler last year. He wont make anyone forget about the solid Dmen that walked. I mean cmon Tallinder was our #2 dman

Archived