I never thought I'd say this, but I have more faith in the Bills than the Sabres right now

Tyrannustyrannus

Tallinder and Lydman are $3mil + per year Dmen. Weber wasnt good enough to beat out sekera or butler last year. He wont make anyone forget about the solid Dmen that walked. I mean cmon Tallinder was our #2 dman

Which means this team has a serious depth issue on the blue-line.

Which means this team has a serious depth issue on the blue-line.

Im retty confident that leopold can step in and we wont miss tallinder at all. Montador isnt terrible i dont like his choices when he joins the rush and pnches but he is serviceable. Also, we have the reigning rookie of the year on the point. I'm not as worried about the defense as i am about the forwards. I know everyone likes to bash sekera and i dont feel that he played that well last year but his play in the olympics was pretty impressive and i think he could do that here with the right partner.

And how can you have more faith in a team that hasnt made the playoffs in a decade than a team who has won a presidents trophy in the last four and there division in 2 out of the last four season?

Im retty confident that leopold can step in and we wont miss tallinder at all. Montador isnt terrible i dont like his choices when he joins the rush and pnches but he is serviceable. Also, we have the reigning rookie of the year on the point. I'm not as worried about the defense as i am about the forwards. I know everyone likes to bash sekera and i dont feel that he played that well last year but his play in the olympics was pretty impressive and i think he could do that here with the right partner.

And how can you have more faith in a team that hasnt made the playoffs in a decade than a team who has won a presidents trophy in the last four and there division in 2 out of the last four season?

The most important words in the title of the thread are "right now." I do not share the sentiment of the thread because I feel Nix and Gailey are jokes and as long as Wilson keeps a withered hands on approach the Bills franchise will continue to deteriorate.

I'm 29, and my major concern is that a Buffalo sports championship will not happen in my lifetime. I am actually somewhat serious on that! Most of my friends and relatives are die hard Buffalo sports fans, and we all have the same dream most Buffalonians have. And that consist of the Sabres wining a Stanley Cup and the Bills winning a Super Bowl. I would like the Sabres to win a Stanley Cup before the Bills win a Super Bowl, though.

You won't get an argument from me on that one! :thumbsup:

I say screw it, (1) I want a superbowl and a Stanley Cup in the same year. I also want (2)world peace, to (3)win the lottery, and to (4)punch Hitler in the face.

1, move to Pittsburgh. They did it last year.

2, That will never happen in our lifetime - or even beyond that.

3, Better chance at that than "world peace"

4, Good luck in finding his corpse!

I say screw it, I want a superbowl and a Stanley Cup in the same year. I also want world peace, to win the lottery, and to punch Hitler in the face.

1. They always award a superbowl and a Cup in the same year. This one's easy. Done.

2. Never going to happen.

3. I wish you well. Besides my kid sis, I have no one else to root for. Good luck.

4. He's dead, thank God. You're not going to punch him. Give it up.

EDIT: anyone else think it's slightly ironic that XC's new avatar is basically the patron saint of American liberalism?

1. They always award a superbowl and a Cup in the same year. This one's easy. Done.

2. Never going to happen.

3. I wish you well. Besides my kid sis, I have no one else to root for. Good luck.

4. He's dead, thank God. You're not going to punch him. Give it up.

EDIT: anyone else think it's slightly ironic that XC's new avatar is basically the patron saint of American liberalism?

Honestly, I never gave that any thought when I put it up. I figured to use it as a commemorative piece, given that our homeboy won the SC. My second choice was a taxicab. As for FDR himself, I have my own thoughts about the man and I'm going to leave it at that. No need for me to get political right now (not here, at least).

Archived