Tallinder

RazielSabre

My memory is bad so forgive me on this one, Tallinder and Lydman had great years if I'm to believe, well, everything. It was a contract year. This was also a total bounceback after a sub par 2-3 years for tallinder (most of his contract in other words).

The point I'm attempting to get to is that wasnt it in his last 'contract year' that Tallinder played well? hasn't he been a bit disappointing the rest of the time? Am I wrong? Not so sure but could the same be said for Lydman?

Tally best year +/- was the first year he got his new deal, 06-07. The opinion around here, myself included is that he was helped along or reborn if u will by Myers last season. I liked Tally more than Ludes before, but I'm leaning more to Ludes now if they sign one of them.

All I know is that Tallinder seemed kinda pissed at comments made about him needing to regain his form near the end of the 2008-09 season. He followed that up with a strong performance in a contract year. I'm guessing that he's looking to move on.

Of course, having said that, he'll probably re-sign just to spite me.

Tally best year +/- was the first year he got his new deal, 06-07. The opinion around here, myself included is that he was helped along or reborn if u will by Myers last season. I liked Tally more than Ludes before, but I'm leaning more to Ludes now if they sign one of them.

Someone may have already made this point, but I would prefer we keep Tallinder if we can only have one -- I really believe that he was more important in helping Myers feel comfortable than we know, and I fear if we go into next season with Tyler pegged as our #1 D-man he's going to have a sophomore slump (which he might anyhow a la Sekera and Butler). I think having the same partner again next year (and not being labeled as our top guy, even if he actually is) would be very beneficial for both Myers and the team.

Someone may have already made this point, but I would prefer we keep Tallinder if we can only have one -- I really believe that he was more important in helping Myers feel comfortable than we know, and I fear if we go into next season with Tyler pegged as our #1 D-man he's going to have a sophomore slump (which he might anyhow a la Sekera and Butler). I think having the same partner again next year (and not being labeled as our top guy, even if he actually is) would be very beneficial for both Myers and the team.

Knowing Lindy, he'll stick Myers with Rivet.

I'm thinking Philly will toss $4mill + a year at Hank. Umm...no thanks.

I don't know why, but I expect him to get a fat contract from one of the near bottomfeeder teams. Not necessarily one of the Edmonton's of the league, but probably one of those teams in the 10-12 range.

I don't know why, but I expect him to get a fat contract from one of the near bottomfeeder teams. Not necessarily one of the Edmonton's of the league, but probably one of those teams in the 10-12 range.

I'll go along with this and double down on it with Lydman.

If Hank can't stay for a 3 year $9mil...then goodbye...he might even owe the Sabres a few buck for a couple seasons:) He does move the puck better then Lydman...if they could get the big "V" from Ottawa...problem solved. Bring in the Big V and Weber for a combined $6 mil...then Hank and Lydman can go see what they are worth. Anything over $3 a year, that team will get stung...hope the flyers overpay both:)

Lydman stays and Hank gets upwards of $5M per. He's good enough that someone will overpay for him.

If Hank can't stay for a 3 year $9mil...then goodbye...he might even owe the Sabres a few buck for a couple seasons:) He does move the puck better then Lydman...if they could get the big "V" from Ottawa...problem solved. Bring in the Big V and Weber for a combined $6 mil...then Hank and Lydman can go see what they are worth. Anything over $3 a year, that team will get stung...hope the flyers overpay both:)

I'll predict something like 3 years x $3.75MM for Tallinder and 3 years x 3.25MM for Lydman.

They are both already making (slightly) over $3 mil a year, and while I don't think they deserve significant raises, I sincerely doubt they'll take a pay cut. I also think if they aren't signed by the end of today then they are as good as gone -- always some foolish GM willing to throw money around.

On a random side-note, anyone see a chance of Modano coming here? We could certainly use a veteran center, but I have a hard time picturing him in a Sabres jersey after 1999. Don't know that Darcy would be willing to pay him, either.

They are both already making (slightly) over $3 mil a year, and while I don't think they deserve significant raises, I sincerely doubt they'll take a pay cut. I also think if they aren't signed by the end of today then they are as good as gone -- always some foolish GM willing to throw money around.

On a random side-note, anyone see a chance of Modano coming here? We could certainly use a veteran center, but I have a hard time picturing him in a Sabres jersey after 1999. Don't know that Darcy would be willing to pay him, either.

Lydman and Tallinder are good dmen. Not the second coming of Bobby Orr but they are solid players who have spent the last four years playing against the other teams best lines. They will both get raises and they should.

Technically, they aren't already making anything at this point. They will want to make at least what they made in their last contract, but in the end, they'll take what they can get. They're nowhere near the level of past Sabres like Afinogenov or Kalinin who faced a major salary drop, but it is still entirely possible.

I could see Modano. Derren Dreger on twitter said earlier today that he's been getting 1-yr offers, possibly from Detroit and St. Louis. I would certainly look at him for similar if I were Darcy.

Also, to stick with the thread topic, I think both Tallinder and Lydman are gone.

I could see Modano. Derren Dreger on twitter said earlier today that he's been getting 1-yr offers, possibly from Detroit and St. Louis. I would certainly look at him for similar if I were Darcy.

Also, to stick with the thread topic, I think both Tallinder and Lydman are gone.

I'm sure there's speculation out there of him going to the Wild too. That one would make a ton of sense.

I've got boat loads of respect for you nfree, but I'll be stunned if they don't get at least a 25% raise from their current deals.

I appreciate that, and the feeling is mutual.

As far as their new deals: it's worth noting that Tallinder's cap hit (ie average salary) for his last deal was $2.6MM, while Lydman's was $2.9MM. Spacek got $3.83MM per year after putting up 45 points for the Sabres the previous year. Lydman and Tallinder (weirdly) each had 4-16-20 this year.

Neither Lydman nor Tallinder is an offensive defenseman, a big-hitting or shotblocking defensive defenseman or a captain. Needless to say, neither of them was instrumental in a long playoff run this year. There just isn't anything to get excited about with either of them, other than perhaps Myers' reflected glory on Tallinder.

While anything is possible in UFA, including that one of them might get $4MM per year, there are a bunch of good UFA defensemen this year. I think they'll get paid well -- and frankly more than I would pay for them -- because they are veteran defensemen who can be reliable cogs in the machine. I just have a hard time seeing a GM break the bank for either of them.

I'm thinking Philly will toss $4mill + a year at Hank. Umm...no thanks.

maybe not quite that much, but, like i've been saying, someone is going to overpay for tallinder.

i think i'm in a minority of continuing to hope that some other sucker overpays for tallinder and that we get lydman for 3 years and a "COLA" type bump to his existing contract.

if nothing else, i'd look forward to sitting next to loods and his smoking hot wife at the galleria's cheesecake factory again. (it should surprise no one that they have cute tow-headed kids.)

Lydman and Tallinder (weirdly) each had 4-16-20 this year.

huh - that is weird.

Archived