Tallinder

RazielSabre

Someone may have already made this point, but I would prefer we keep Tallinder if we can only have one -- I really believe that he was more important in helping Myers feel comfortable than we know, and I fear if we go into next season with Tyler pegged as our #1 D-man he's going to have a sophomore slump (which he might anyhow a la Sekera and Butler). I think having the same partner again next year (and not being labeled as our top guy, even if he actually is) would be very beneficial for both Myers and the team.

We don't need a "Dion Phaneuf" on our hands.

This is obviously seeping out there, but I just received an e-mail from Don Meehan, Tallinder's agent. He says it looks like Hank will become unrestricted tomorrow at noon. They won't, however, rule out any conversations before or after that.

Meehan quote

Thanks Bill. Any other insights/predictions for us?

This is obviously seeping out there, but I just received an e-mail from Don Meehan, Tallinder's agent. He says it looks like Hank will become unrestricted tomorrow at noon. They won't, however, rule out any conversations before or after that.

Meehan quote

I hope the phone lines are down over night. It's time for Status Quo to break away from hanging on to their own.

Thanks Bill. Any other insights/predictions for us?

Nothing crazy. I see them both leaving and the Sabres signing another mid-level defender. I'm not sure who that would be. Carlo Colaiacovo? Paul Mara? Jordan Leopold? History tells us they won't go after one of the supposed "top" guys. Who knows, though, maybe they go after Paul Martin or someone? They have to get a defenseman to play on the No.1 pp unit.

Nothing crazy. I see them both leaving and the Sabres signing another mid-level defender. I'm not sure who that would be. Carlo Colaiacovo? Paul Mara? Jordan Leopold? History tells us they won't go after one of the supposed "top" guys. Who knows, though, maybe they go after Paul Martin or someone? They have to get a defenseman to play on the No.1 pp unit.

Quite frankly I hope they don't sign a dman but trade for one. That way the little frat house atmosphere can be broken up. The only stipulation is that they don't involve Kassian.

Quite frankly I hope they don't sign a dman but trade for one. That way the little frat house atmosphere can be broken up. The only stipulation is that they don't involve Kassian.

I would trade Kassian in a New York minute...along with Gerbe. I'm sure that if the Sabres had to do it over again, they would have selected Kulikov.

I would trade Kassian in a New York minute...along with Gerbe. I'm sure that if the Sabres had to do it over again, they would have selected Kulikov.

I'm glad they were picking and not you. Give me tough North Americans over a Euro anytime.

I'm glad they were picking and not you. Give me tough North Americans over a Euro anytime.

Euros are just fine. The league is filled with them...many all stars. Kassian is tough all right, so tough he will be having cell mates rather than team mates next year. The kid is just a thug.

Meanwhile Kulikov broke into the NHL in his rookie season. He was slated a top 5 pick. Florida was thanking their lucky stars last year when the Sabres fumbled an obvious pick into their lap.

Archived