Some one in Detriot Loves Ryan Miller

static70

This guy caught my attention and I would trade Ryan Miller without question..........FOR THE RIGHT PRICE!

Name your starting price Sabres Fans. Does Detroit need to acquire Toronto's 1st from Boston to make it happen?

On WDIV's Sports Final Edition, correspondent and shift disturber Rob Parker issued what might become a common--and completely illogical, if not impossible--trade rumor among the Detroit media types who neither grasp the complexities of the salary cap nor want to wade their way through a relatively drama-free Red Wings off-season.

Parker suggested, in his "Clubhouse Confidential," that the Red Wings will kick the tires on acquiring Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller, who sports a conveniently media-forgotten $6.2 million salary on a contract which runs through the 2013-2014 season.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/05/here_come_the_ryan_miller_to_d.html

It's killing DR & LQ to have to think about trading Connolly, the golden boy and savior. They would never trade Miller even with an overpayment on the table.

That being said, I think another year of missing the playoffs or getting smoked in the first round, and all bets are off and everyone should be on the market.

It's killing DR & LQ to have to think about trading Connolly, the golden boy and savior. They would never trade Miller even with an overpayment on the table.

That being said, I think another year of missing the playoffs or getting smoked in the first round, and all bets are off and everyone should be on the market.

Didn't most of us agree on this LAST offseason? I'd be happy with all bets being off right now.

:worthy:

The groundhog just saw his shadow.

I'm sticking with what we agreed to last year on this forum. If the Sabres fell out with a whimper, the team should be blown up. Since we know Darcy and Lindy aren't going anywhere, it's our only option. It's all we can demand as fans. Saying "well, maybe I'll be more mad next year" is silly. We agreed to be mad this year, so here we are.

Not that there aren't players on this team I definitely want to keep, but I'm willing to be open about things. If a blockbuster trade gets made and I feel somewhat good about it, then we can call the blowup a success.

All I know is that no one should be happy with minor tweaks anymore. Florida just picked up Dale Tallon as their new GM. Why that couldn't have been Buffalo, I don't know. And honestly, I'm extremely disappointed about it. Tallon is going to make Florida a whole new team. Darcy isn't going to do sh*t.

Status Quo = Winning? No.

:worthy:

The groundhog just saw his shadow.

No. That was just DeLuca not giving the Sabres a freakin break because he's a negative ninny because he couldn't relax because it was only February.

Didn't most of us agree on this LAST offseason? I'd be happy with all bets being off right now.

We(SS members) agreed on it. We just need to get DR & LQ to buy into it and I think that it will take at least one more disappointing year before they climb onboard. :D

Yeah man, some people on here seem to have gotten a bit too complacent for my liking. Kind of like how people were thinking division title, ECF, etc. in late December this year. Although, I guess they were a little right, we did end up winning the division title. :doh:

I wanted the team blown up before this past season, it didn't happen, and it as expected it turned out to be a frustrating, pessimistic season. Expect more of the same again this offseason.

Yeah man, some people on here seem to have gotten a bit too complacent for my liking. Kind of like how people were thinking division title, ECF, etc. in late December this year. Although, I guess they were a little right, we did end up winning the division title. :doh:

I wanted the team blown up before this past season, it didn't happen, and it as expected it turned out to be a frustrating, pessimistic season. Expect more of the same again this offseason.

It is amazing to think that this team was 30-11-6. I don't know how that got lost in the shuffle, or how anyone could not be infuriated that the season went into the toilet after that.

It is amazing to think that this team was 30-11-6. I don't know how that got lost in the shuffle, or how anyone could not be infuriated that the season went into the toilet after that.

Well, to me it really didn't feel like the team was nearly that good. I was holding out hope that they'd eventually prove that they were. Actually, I told myself I'd take a sip of the kool-aid if the Western road trip went well, but that ended up being the definitive beginning of the end I think.

I guess my point is that if nothing major happens this offseason, it's going to be the same attitude for me toward next season. Maybe they need to sign TO or blow up the entire coaching staff or something. :pirate:

Hmm ... Datsyuk's cap hit is $6.7 million. Pretty close! How about:

To Buffalo: Datsyuk, Howard

To Detroit: Miller, Ennis

It would work in NHL2010 :thumbsup:

I prefer my trades in NHL 2010

To Buffalo: Shea Weber,5th

To Nashville: Jason Pominville, Toni Lydman, 3rd

Ohh yes, that was one of the biggest "purging" trades i made. And this one was good as well.

To Buffalo: Scott Hannon

To Colarado: Jochen Hecht

To Chicago: Scott Hannon

To Buffalo: Patrick Sharp

Indeed sir! :thumbsup:

There a couple others which i made, but i figured i'd post these.

Before Sunday people on this board were willing to trade Miller for Halak.Give your heads a shake. Miller should be the only untouchable on this team.Funny thing is on any other team he would be considered an untouchable.Its a good thing th armchair g.m.s on this site are'nt running things.

I'm sticking with what we agreed to last year on this forum. If the Sabres fell out with a whimper, the team should be blown up. Since we know Darcy and Lindy aren't going anywhere, it's our only option. It's all we can demand as fans. Saying "well, maybe I'll be more mad next year" is silly. We agreed to be mad this year, so here we are.

Not that there aren't players on this team I definitely want to keep, but I'm willing to be open about things. If a blockbuster trade gets made and I feel somewhat good about it, then we can call the blowup a success.

All I know is that no one should be happy with minor tweaks anymore. Florida just picked up Dale Tallon as their new GM. Why that couldn't have been Buffalo, I don't know. And honestly, I'm extremely disappointed about it. Tallon is going to make Florida a whole new team. Darcy isn't going to do sh*t.

Status Quo = Winning? No.

No doubt. Tallon has the track record. I sincerely hoped Darcy would get the boot and Tallon would come in this off season. Oh well.

:oops:

Before Sunday people on this board were willing to trade Miller for Halak.Give your heads a shake. Miller should be the only untouchable on this team.Funny thing is on any other team he would be considered an untouchable.Its a good thing th armchair g.m.s on this site are'nt running things.

I, as well as others, still would.

A team that has accomplished absolutely nothing doesn't have the luxury of "untouchables." The goal is still the Stanley Cup and this team is as far away from that goal as it was three years ago, if not further. If the Red Wings call to see if a Miller trade is possible it is Regier's job to sit there and listen to every word they have to say. Regier should, for at least once in his career, be prepared for the meeting. He should have a set price in mind and if Detroit is willing to meet it the Sabres would be doing their fans a disservice if it isn't given a real consideration. Detroit has a lot of young talent as well as a really good young goalie to give the Sabres in return.

People need to face facts. While the Sabres continue to go about business as usual there is no Stanley Cup in their future. Which is going to carry Miller through his prime with no chance at a Cup unless he carries the team to it.

If Miller goes to Detroit he wins a cup there and we still have no cup in Buffalo regardless of who we get back.I agree that you listen to any possible deal that might improve this club but the return had better be incredible based on Millers worth in the minds of almost every g.m. in this league.I think the consensus this past season in the media and in hockey circles was pretty positive in respect to Millers worth.I suppose that means regier will give him away.

If Miller goes to Detroit he wins a cup there and we still have no cup in Buffalo regardless of who we get back.I agree that you listen to any possible deal that might improve this club but the return had better be incredible based on Millers worth in the minds of almost every g.m. in this league.I think the consensus this past season in the media and in hockey circles was pretty positive in respect to Millers worth.I suppose that means regier will give him away.

Not at all. Miller's value is as high now as it ever will be. If the Red Wings are serious they will come at the Sabres with a serious offer. I would say a trade like that would change the direction of the franchise. Instead I will do one better, a trade like that will give the franchise direction, moving it forward towards a Stanley Cup.

Again this is all fan talk. We all know the team that got bounced by the Bruins will be the same on opening night next season. Maybe a minor change here and there. Nothing significant or anything to generate real hope.

I prefer my trades in NHL 2010

To Buffalo: Shea Weber,5th

To Nashville: Jason Pominville, Toni Lydman, 3rd

Ohh yes, that was one of the biggest "purging" trades i made. And this one was good as well.

To Buffalo: Scott Hannon

To Colarado: Jochen Hecht

To Chicago: Scott Hannon

To Buffalo: Patrick Sharp

Indeed sir! :thumbsup:

There a couple others which i made, but i figured i'd post these.

I miss the old days where I would make a long chain of deals that would turn a Rob Ray type player into Steve Yzerman.

Hmm ... Datsyuk's cap hit is $6.7 million. Pretty close! How about:

To Buffalo: Datsyuk, Howard

To Detroit: Miller, Ennis

It would work in NHL2010 :thumbsup:

Ennis should not be dealt under any circumstances. Not yet anyway.

I miss the old days where I would make a long chain of deals that would turn a Rob Ray type player into Steve Yzerman.

Heck....I was excited when Sega let me create Brian Holzinger and Jean Luc Grand-Pierre

Sabres fans at this point are like a housewife with no self esteem that has put up with her husband's crap for years without saying a word. She will just sit there and "try to be a good wife".

The only way we get out of this marraige is by an act of God. Hopefully Quinn and Darcy have a secret routine of getting a bacon double cheeseburger for lunch everyday and their cholesterol levels rival Lalime's GAA.

Heck....I was excited when Sega let me create Brian Holzinger and Jean Luc Grand-Pierre

Sabres fans at this point are like a housewife with no self esteem that has put up with her husband's crap for years without saying a word. She will just sit there and "try to be a good wife".

The only way we get out of this marraige is by an act of God. Hopefully Quinn and Darcy have a secret routine of getting a bacon double cheeseburger for lunch everyday and their cholesterol levels rival Lalime's GAA.

Everything that came after "secret routine" was a very big disappointment. You're better than that.

Everything that came after "secret routine" was a very big disappointment. You're better than that.

Do you honestly think anything short of selling the team will rid us of the problem?

Remember when I used to bitch about the team more than make fun of them or have apathy towards them? That's going on 5 years ago. Time flies....and that is 5 years of the same group taking the fans' dollars. Sure....you have a president's trophy, a new jersey, an olympic hero, and a team of circus freaks that have captured the interest at times......but the goal of the team has been the same. Make money, develop players on the cheap and suppliment them with a median move when the fanbase is on the verge of losing all hope.

I've divorced but visit the kids on holidays....that's about it at this point.

Someone please tell me......HOW WILL WE RID THIS TEAM OF QUINN AND REGIER???

Do you honestly think anything short of selling the team will rid us of the problem?

Remember when I used to bitch about the team more than make fun of them or have apathy towards them? That's going on 5 years ago. Time flies....and that is 5 years of the same group taking the fans' dollars. Sure....you have a president's trophy, a new jersey, an olympic hero, and a team of circus freaks that have captured the interest at times......but the goal of the team has been the same. Make money, develop players on the cheap and suppliment them with a median move when the fanbase is on the verge of losing all hope.

I've divorced but visit the kids on holidays....that's about it at this point.

Someone please tell me......HOW WILL WE RID THIS TEAM OF QUINN AND REGIER???

Easy. Stop buying tickets. The only way you'll get Golisano to make changes to his underlings is if he starts losing money. At least then we'd ditch Regier. I don't know how to get rid of Quinn though without bringing in a new minority owner as part of a new ownership group.

Archived