Some one in Detriot Loves Ryan Miller

static70

Quinn isn't going anywhere, he is the jr. partner in ownership, short of him selling his share of the team, he is here to stay.

As for Regier, next season will be his and Lindy's last as the sabres management/coaching team.

Regardless of the playoffs or not, it they don't contend for the cup on a serious level they'll both be gone.

I would imagine Tommy G. sees the need for the change and its coming.

Quinn isn't going anywhere, he is the jr. partner in ownership, short of him selling his share of the team, he is here to stay.

As for Regier, next season will be his and Lindy's last as the sabres management/coaching team.

Regardless of the playoffs or not, it they don't contend for the cup on a serious level they'll both be gone.

I would imagine Tommy G. sees the need for the change and its coming.

LQ wants to extend LR and DR. Whether LR wants that is another story. There were some curious moments in the presser.

Do you honestly think anything short of selling the team will rid us of the problem?

Remember when I used to bitch about the team more than make fun of them or have apathy towards them? That's going on 5 years ago. Time flies....and that is 5 years of the same group taking the fans' dollars. Sure....you have a president's trophy, a new jersey, an olympic hero, and a team of circus freaks that have captured the interest at times......but the goal of the team has been the same. Make money, develop players on the cheap and suppliment them with a median move when the fanbase is on the verge of losing all hope.

I've divorced but visit the kids on holidays....that's about it at this point.

Someone please tell me......HOW WILL WE RID THIS TEAM OF QUINN AND REGIER???

Hasn't the team been for sale, without being for sale, for a while?

I've always believed OSP would sell sooner rather than later. With our luck, LQ will weasel his way into the new ownership group.

For this ownership group, their Stanley Cup championship was all about turning around a bankrupt franchise, putting it into the black, getting fan support back, selling sh*t. Their egos have been stroked. I have to believe their desire to keep going is nearing its end. OSP's apparently ended two years ago.

It's a matter of time, Ghost. Hang in there. Of course everything is a matter of time if you have enough of it. Just like everywhere on the continent is within walking distance. :rolleyes:

Why would Detroit trade Jimmy Howard? The only way we would make a deal is if we got a No. 1 goalie back. Makes no sense to me. He's younger, cheaper, got good numbers this year, and looks to be the guy for a while to come.

I miss the old days where I would make a long chain of deals that would turn a Rob Ray type player into Steve Yzerman.

Yes it was fun. But i enjoy the new sense of realism within trading. It makes it alot harder to create great teams.

For some reason Paille had alot of trade value. So i traded him for a 1st rounder. I added Zubrus to the team prior to the my be a gm. I sent Hank to NJ. I also added Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Other trades i made were.

Zubrus, Sekera, Mac Carthur,

-for-

Ryan Kesler, & Sami Salo

I then traded Salo

-for-

Chris Kelly

Chris Kelly

-for-

Kyle Brodziak

I signed Brandon Bochenski and some Sweedish Dman for Portland.

I let Brodziak walk and singed Dave Steckel instead.

A blockbuster move that was pretty unrealistic was this.

Vanek, Bochenski, Dman guy

-for-

Ilya Kovalchuk

Dylan Hunter, 4th

-for-

Shanoe Morrison, 5th

I forgot how i got Lee Stempniak.

I then traded

Derek Roy

-for-

Nashville 1st,5th

Nashville 1st, Montador, Bergeron,

-for-

Patrick Berglund.

I made a ton of deals within 2 years but my team is outrageously good.

Heres my lineup.

Kovalchuk- Kesler- Stafford

Connolly- Berglund- Sharp

Gerbe/Mancari- Gaustad- Stempniak

Grier- Steckel- Kaleta

Shanoe Morrison- Shea Weber

Marc-Andre Gragnani- Patrick Nordgren (2009 2nd rounder)

Butler- Rivet

Miller- Auld

Archived