A Player Per Day: No 13: Tim Kennedy

Eleven

53 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

I want Tim Kennedy on my team. Recchi may have schooled him but he'll learn how to handle those situations. He's probably my favorite player after Kaleta. (although McCormick is climbing my list, too bad he won't be back)

Still not sure if he's real NHL talent. By that I mean top two line talent.

that's a weird definition of "real nhl talent."

the kid has shown that he could turn into a terrific third line role player who's capable of chipping in ~40 points a year and playing in key situations. all of that, and he's a bankable, marketable, home town asset.

Kennedy is a tough one. I don't want to build him up because he his local. I also don't want to discount him because he is local.

He is young and he plays with a lot of energy. I just don't see him with top six talent. There is a spot for him on the Sabres and in the NHL. I would like to see him turn that energy into one of the leagues best penalty killers. A third/fourth line player who picks up time on the 1st PK unit is a spot where he can build a really nice and long career.

that's a weird definition of "real nhl talent."

the kid has shown that he could turn into a terrific third line role player who's capable of chipping in ~40 points a year and playing in key situations. all of that, and he's a bankable, marketable, home town asset.

I think the Sabres are looking for more from him. They wanted him to play center, but needs a bunch of work on faceoffs. I could see a line of Kennedy - McCormick - Grier making some havoc.

RFA looking for his first "big" contract. I'd go 1.2, 1.65 two year deal. Still not sure if he's real NHL talent. By that I mean top two line talent.

He'll sign his QO and then go out and try to earn a contract the following year north of the $1 million mark.

He'll sign his QO and then go out and try to earn a contract the following year north of the $1 million mark.

Probably. He'd go to $892,500 next year. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone didn't offer up a million for him though. They'd only be out a third round pick.

Him being from Buffalo, I'd assume if he's treated right he'll be here for a while.

Probably. He'd go to $892,500 next year. I wouldn't be too surprised if someone didn't offer up a million for him though. They'd only be out a third round pick.

Him being from Buffalo, I'd assume if he's treated right he'll be here for a while.

He's nothing special at this point. So few teams even attempt to go the RFA route, so Kennedy isn't the type that is going to draw some interest.

Is it correct that no one wore #15 this year? Just trying to make sure that I have the right player for tomorrow.

Correct.

And we could prolly skip over Torres at #17. I think that's been beat to death. Then we can beat Connolly to death.

You don't like the prolonged foreplay?

Just wanna get to how many different ways people spell Connolly.

Conoly

Connelly

Connoly

Connely

Condarcy

Conolie

Conolly

Conelly

Wohnelly. Ba belly ch chi chi is so smelly...

Kennedy is a tough one. I don't want to build him up because he his local. I also don't want to discount him because he is local.

He is young and he plays with a lot of energy. I just don't see him with top six talent. There is a spot for him on the Sabres and in the NHL. I would like to see him turn that energy into one of the leagues best penalty killers. A third/fourth line player who picks up time on the 1st PK unit is a spot where he can build a really nice and long career.

I completely agree. I see him in a Todd Marchant type of role. Marchant has made a good living as a defensive center who chipped in 20-40 points at times in his career. Reliable in his own end.

Just wanna get to how many different ways people spell Connolly.

Conoly

Connelly

Connoly

Connely

Condarcy

Conolie

Conolly

Conelly

Wohnelly. Ba belly ch chi chi is so smelly...

That is fantastic.

+1

He's not a top 6'er.

He reminds me a lot of Connelly. Small, good hands, and fast. But if up against someone with any real power, he'll lose the battle. I wouldn't give him a big contract. He still has a lot to prove. If he balks, let him walk.

Archived