GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

...yeah but he kinda just pops right back up.

Like one of those moles in the Whack A Mole game.

I counted 5 shifts and 4 times he was on his back or belly. I'm guessing that isn't the best position for a forward - no matter how fast he gets up.

Rask is going to give us a cheapy before this is over ... more "ugly" ... more crash the net ... more picking up the trash, less dipsy-doodle.

I wonder about crashing the net. The rebounds get left a little higher than where the Sabres usually are.

How about shooting the damn puck. Ennis is in the high slot, keeps dangling into the corner. Pominville on the last rush, almost an impossible pass toward the trailer.

Pommer has to shoot that 2 on 1 with his wrister.

BINGO!!!

Even if he throws it hard and low at his feet, he may kick a rebound out to the guy charging the net who Pominville was trying to feed the puck to.

I really hate when a goalie gets in the head of our shooters, that just plays into the goalies hands. Especially on Boston who has sound defense, rarely give up odd-man rushes and are committed to taking away the easy pass for empty net goals

Connolly is just useless. I'm sorry, but what a downer to watch that guy. Not built for playoff hockey at all. Someone dumped a puck deep on the PP to where Connolly was standing behind the net. It was intercepted by a penalty killer. Does Connolly move to the man or puck? No, feet in cement. No pressure, no attempt at puck recovery, he just waited, hoping the puck would bounce thru the defender so he could have an easy posession.

That kind of effort is inexcusable, broken foot or not. If you can't get er done, get off the ice.

He's got a fair bit of money too, definetly a guy who should be traded somehow. I like the skill, hate the work-ethic

Archived