GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

NowDoYouBelieve

Guest Sloth

While I don't agree that Ruff should be replaced, I can definitely see why you and others are ready for a change. He has a bluster about him, and a sense of entitlement, as well. And when that doesn't accompany championships, it wears thin on many fans. I happen to think he's done a lot for this team over the years, but that's just MHO, and I agree he isn't a god of coaching or untouchable by any means.

Curious, though...if he was to be replaced...who would you want (realistically)?

Good post. Some Sabres fans have expressed their want for a change in coaching, but who would be a legitimate replacement? And would it be possible for the Sabres to acquire him? Lindy Ruff is a very good coach and I see no reason to replace him.

Lots of crowd shots tonight. Outside of the occasional big rack, Sabres fans are kinda ugly, not that I'm helping the cause much.

With all the people leaving WNY the divirsity in the gene pool isn't there :-)

Ennis makes another argument to stay here...

5-2.

Remember how Darcy said the answers to this team's problems were in Portland...? I don't think he was bluffing...

...And as I say this, 6-2, per Tallinder...

Guest Sloth

Come on, Stafford...Ennis or Gerbe would've found a way to bury that... :nana:

I had the exact same thought! The Portland boys know how to light the lamp and they also give it their all.

torres with 3 helpers tonight.

Is it torrid Torres or torrential Torres?

Whatever, methinks he is just warming up and he probably feels he could take his career up a notch with this Buffalo system and of course a SC run this year!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

6 different Sabres score! Huge. This most balanced scoring team is a product of Lindy Ruff's coaching philosophy and the envy of the league!

Those calling for him to go have NO CLUE!!! We are getting ever closer to the goal!!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

nice game by torres and gerbe tonight.

i know you need more out of your back-up goalies than cheerleading, but i really noticed how enthusiastic Lalime is for the guys after games they win. I also noticed more guys backing him up in the press over how he has been treated by the fans more so than most backup goalies.

Unlike prior teams, i really think there is something special that guys like lalime or goose, or maybe even a mair bring to the lockeroom that although their play does not always shine on the ice, it means something to the other guys in the lockeroom...

Guest Sloth

6 different Sabres score! Huge. This most balanced scoring team is a product of Lindy Ruff's coaching philosophy and the envy of the league!

Those calling for him to go have NO CLUE!!! We are getting ever closer to the goal!!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

I wouldn't call Lindy's coaching philosophy the envy of the league, but I would say he's amongst the top. He/Darcy/Sabres and the Redwings are A LOT alike in terms of philosophy of putting a team together and the idea of relying on more than two lines.

Finally got to watch a bit of the game tonight. And damm I am excited for the playoffs!

Just want to say the lines seemed good tonight - I especially like the Ellis Mair Torres line, all workhorses.

Also good to see 'Gerbs' and Ennis with some playing time.

Also, I got to turn it to CAR@MTL (Canes win after last-second push by MTL)...apparently Carolina hasn't lost at MTL since 2003. I'm impressed.

Excellent job Sabres.

Officiating transparent as it should be.

Aptitude and skill prevailed!

I predicted 6 - 3 before the game. Glad I was wrong!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Montreal loses to Carolina 2 - 1

13 minutes left in 3rd TB 2 Pit 0

I wouldn't call Lindy's coaching philosophy the envy of the league, but I would say he's amongst the top. He/Darcy/Sabres and the Redwings are A LOT alike in terms of philosophy of putting a team together and the idea of relying on more than two lines.

It happens to be a product of Lindy Ruff's coaching philosophy!!!

The envy of the league is the most balanced scoring team!!

Go Lindy Ruff! GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Gotta love RJ bitch slappy Harry only to have the Sabres seal it 10 seconds later.

That was funny. I'm not sure what Rick said after that, something about mayo? Am I losing it?

How 'bout Rivet flying back to help break up that 2 on 1? Gerbe did it earlier and hockey karma rewarded him with a goal. I was pulling for that long shot by Rivet in the third to go in.

Really good game. It looks like the Sabres scoring touch is coming back at just the right time. I thought Gerbe and Torres really played fantastic games tonight. Their play really stood out to me. While he's not scoring a ton of goals, Torres is contributing quite a bit offensively and had 3 assists tonight. Very pleased with his first performance since getting injured.

I was really impressed with Gerbe over the last two games. The knock on him has been his poor play defensively, but I have been extremely impressed with his defensive play the last two games and his ability to use his speed to backcheck and play sound defensive hockey. I think this extra year in Portland has really fine-tuned his game and he'll be ready for full time action next year, especially if he continues to play as well as he has defensively over the last two games to go along with his offensive ability and great shot.

Good game and good win even without Kaleta, Vanek, and Connolly. The Sabres haven't missed a beat and the scoring is really strong. This is a very good sign. Let's hope they keep this up tomorrow night in Toronto and keep on rolling. 7 point division lead now with a game in hand. Let's keep this going.

Archived