GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

NowDoYouBelieve

No. Just saying that I don't understand the reason behind it. Most stereotypes are dumb, but usually there's some basis somewhere, however twisted. This one, I just don't get.

Speaking from experience, the general ethos of the Chicano community is a little more laid back than most cultures. Not lazy, but laid back. Mexican folks take a nap every afternoon (this isn't a stereotype, it's true), and are more likely to approach life with a "que sera, sera" attitude.

In America, where so many European background push work ethic above all other virtues, I can see where the Lazy Mexican stereotype comes from. It's not justified, but I understand it. Having spent significant time in Mexico, I personally prefer the attitude. Be productive, but life doesn't have to go by at the speed of light.

Speaking from experience, the general ethos of the Chicano community is a little more laid back than most cultures. Not lazy, but laid back. Mexican folks take a nap every afternoon (this isn't a stereotype, it's true), and are more likely to approach life with a "que sera, sera" attitude.

In America, where so many European background push work ethic above all other virtues, I can see where the Lazy Mexican stereotype comes from. It's not justified, but I understand it. Having spent significant time in Mexico, I personally prefer the attitude. Be productive, but life doesn't have to go by at the speed of light.

I'm guessing this helped as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTWFyH3hlmI

you mean the Panthers, right?

Yes I did, in my hasty post I did not clearly elaborate the keep "the pressure on Ottawa second statement/idea" to the point they play themselves out of steam going into the playoffs.

Gerbe and Kennedy seem to be more two-way players, who are full of hustle and brimstone in both zones, while Ennis is more an out-and-out offensive player. Knowing Ruff, he'll grind the defensive mentality into Ennis as well.

In this one respect I'll agree with PASabre.. I don't know why Ruff can't accept that some players will only be offensive players and not everyone in the team has to be a two-way player!

Because the Sabres system of success is predicated on circling the wagons first and realizing the offensive opportunity second - we can control our own destiny!. We have the speed to skate with anybody!

Stick to the system LR!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

As a half-Mexican myself, I find this very offensive. But I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.

The Mexicans like all Americans (recall they are of the North American continent but equally applicable to South and Central America) are as lazy as anybody whenever they need to be. Methinks gravity has something to do with it - our common denominator!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!! May the force of gravity affect the opposition more negatively than your ability to use it to your advantage!

Archived