GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

NowDoYouBelieve

OK guys!

As if we weren't the most balanced scoring NHL team in the NHL ever, we now have 12 guys with 10 or more. GO KENNEDY!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

:thumbsup: Our top 11 forwards plus Myers. I'm also very confident that Ennis would be a 10+ goal scorer if he had been up here since day 1.

Lindy says "That's one on me" after the too many men penalty. One more bit of evidence. It's time.

I have a question for you, PA - what's the minimum level of success this year that would let Lindy off your hook? 2nd round?...Conference finals?...Or is delivering a Cup the only way you would say 'keep him'?

Guest Sloth

:thumbsup: Our top 11 forwards plus Myers. I'm also very confident that Ennis would be a 10+ goal scorer if he had been up here since day 1.

I think Ennis would've been 15+. The guy produces when given a chance.

Guest Sloth

Fantasy hockey isn't the main reason I hope the Sabres win tonight, but the guy I'm playing in fantasy hockey has Vokoun in net, so I'm hoping Buffalo lights him up!

Fantasy hockey isn't the main reason I hope the Sabres win tonight, but the guy I'm playing in fantasy hockey has Vokoun in net, so I'm hoping Buffalo lights him up!

From your post to the ice...

4-1, per Adam Mair...

Screw Vanek and Connolly, this team looks so much better without them!!!

As nfreeman has mentioned, let's not overreact...the majority of these lopsided wins are coming against the lowly Southeast teams. It's great to have the youngsters up and getting experience, but I don't think many would be surprised that they're better than the dregs of the league.

That said, I do think all 3 - Ennis, Gerbe, and Mancari deserve to be here next year. Torres will be gone, and Darcy should let either Ellis or Mair go, as well, to make room for all of them.

From your post to the ice...

4-1, per Adam Mair...

this game reminds me of 2 beer league teams playing shinny on a Sunday afternoon...one of them is a team with a bunch of former players(the Sabres) and the other team is a bunch of guys who just like hockey but can barely even get a shot on goal...

this game reminds me of 2 beer league teams playing shinny on a Sunday afternoon...one of them is a team with a bunch of former players(the Sabres) and the other team is a bunch of guys who just like hockey but can barely even get a shot on goal...

I wonder how many hundred Panther fans are watching this game in Florida.

Lindy says "That's one on me" after the too many men penalty. One more bit of evidence. It's time.

What's with the "taunting" organ music after Miller makes a save? Sounds like Miilllllll-errrrrrrr to me.

Good to hear that Rob's only a little under the weather. We'll find on tomorrow that he had a head transplant or something.

Seriously how can anyone stand this guy. At least he is consistent I suppose, On the other extreme those who are jumping back on the bandwagon after all the bitching are a little annoying too.

Anyway, super solid first 2 by the Sabres, Torres and Gerbe both looking pretty strong.

I have a question for you, PA - what's the minimum level of success this year that would let Lindy off your hook? 2nd round?...Conference finals?...Or is delivering a Cup the only way you would say 'keep him'?

Interesting question. I'm just sick of the guy, his voice, his face, his methods. I'm ready for someone else. Is that so wrong? I guess if he were to win a Cup, I'd have to support bringing him back. Anything short, with the best goalie in the league (again), and I'll be arguing, futilely, for fresh meat.

Interesting question. I'm just sick of the guy, his voice, his face, his methods. I'm ready for someone else. Is that so wrong? I guess if he were to win a Cup, I'd have to support bringing him back. Anything short, with the best goalie in the league (again), and I'll be arguing, futilely, for fresh meat.

While I don't agree that Ruff should be replaced, I can definitely see why you and others are ready for a change. He has a bluster about him, and a sense of entitlement, as well. And when that doesn't accompany championships, it wears thin on many fans. I happen to think he's done a lot for this team over the years, but that's just MHO, and I agree he isn't a god of coaching or untouchable by any means.

Curious, though...if he was to be replaced...who would you want (realistically)?

Guest Sloth

Hecht has an assist on Pomminstein's goal - good job!

Thanks for pointing that out! Put me in a better mood. I need Hecht and the Sabres to try to run up the score!

And hopefully Florida's goal will get Buffalo back into a must score attitude...

Lots of crowd shots tonight. Outside of the occasional big rack, Sabres fans are kinda ugly, not that I'm helping the cause much.

Are you sure the quality of opponent doesn't dictate the attractiveness of the fans? I mean, what good-looking person actually wants to be seen at a game involving the Panthers? ;)

Archived