GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

NowDoYouBelieve

Methinks youthinks kinda crazy.

If you think what I said was over your head I can understand that!

A high school teacher of mine back in Buffalo used to tell the class when they could NOT comprehend rational and substantiated analysis:

..."Get your mind out of the gutter!"

In your case it applies as well albeit with slight modification.. Get your mind out of the swamp!

GO Buffalo Sabres!

The Sabres record vs Ottawa is 100% the fault of the Sabres. It's not the fault of officiating.

There have been several documented instances of officials calling games one way or the other or showing deference to one or another team. It is partially the reason for the red flag challenge in the NFL. It's happened in the NBA just to name the instances on a professional level. In amateur sports it is far too prevalent.

In the case of the NHL it crosses international borders.

It is agreed that Sabres play an aptitude and skill game and can skate with any team if played by the rules. Unfortunately, for Buffalo, Ottawa has had way too much help from a non-transparent officiating regimen. I'd be willing to go over game-by-game every play and put my money where my mouth is and even be subject to any and all peer review! You?

Finally, you can be the best team in the world but if the officiating is subpar (to put it mildly) you could face situations in a game that you'll never overcome. Video does NOT lie - there's my proof and I'm sure thousands saw it too. But too many (i guess you can be counted amongst them) are conditioned to accept that...sometimes the officiating must be overcome...I say balderdash!!! Let's play the game of excellence that is hockey!!!

BTW, Frazer is the poster boy for officiating mediocrity as an acute example of subpar specifically when it came to Sabres games.

you mean the Panthers, right?

All right time to tame the Panther's into Pussycats.

Fla's already out so we should be in w/a win. Keep Oottawaa grinding on the pace so they shoot their wad before the playoffs begin. One(minute)and done she said.

Go Sabres.

There have been several documented instances of officials calling games one way or the other or showing deference to one or another team. It is partially the reason for the red flag challenge in the NFL. It's happened in the NBA just to name the instances on a professional level. In amateur sports it is far too prevalent.

In the case of the NHL it crosses international borders.

It is agreed that Sabres play an aptitude and skill game and can skate with any team if played by the rules. Unfortunately, for Buffalo, Ottawa has had way too much help from a non-transparent officiating regimen. I'd be willing to go over game-by-game every play and put my money where my mouth is and even be subject to any and all peer review! You?

Finally, you can be the best team in the world but if the officiating is subpar (to put it mildly) you could face situations in a game that you'll never overcome. Video does NOT lie - there's my proof and I'm sure thousands saw it too. But too many (i guess you can be counted amongst them) are conditioned to accept that...sometimes the officiating must be overcome...I say balderdash!!! Let's play the game of excellence that is hockey!!!

BTW, Frazer is the poster boy for officiating mediocrity as an acute example of subpar specifically when it came to Sabres games.

Where have these been documented? I'd love to see that.

Everyone has seen a game where they thought the officiating was sub-par, but don't you think there are lots of fans for other teams that feel the same way about some games against the Sabres? I think it's all in your point of view.

Everyone has seen a game where they thought the officiating was sub-par, but don't you think there are lots of fans for other teams that feel the same way about some games against the Sabres? I think it's all in your point of view.

Definitely, it's in your point of view Mr. Referee as in subjective rather than objective analysis and officiating.

Many of these officials are just plain stupid. They couldn't even tell you the difference between subjective and objective reasoning! How about you? Are you part of that herd?

If NOT, type in ....subpar officiating in pro sports....at google.com just for starters. You'll be there for a long time!

But go ahead because the Sabres are hockey's New World Order and you need to know why or why NOT

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!!

What's black and white and never right?

Refs suck - in every league, in every sport, everywhere I have ever been. They miss calls, blow calls, make the wrong calls all the time. Very few documented instances of refs truly being crooked in recent times, other than the recent basketball/gambling scandal. I would like to think refs are generally incompetent, but not crooked.

And yes, all fat hockey refs are known as Koharski, now and forever.

What's black and white and never right?

Refs suck - in every league, in every sport, everywhere I have ever been. They miss calls, blow calls, make the wrong calls all the time. Very few documented instances of refs truly being crooked in recent times, other than the recent basketball/gambling scandal. I would like to think refs are generally incompetent, but not crooked.

And yes, all fat hockey refs are known as Koharski, now and forever.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. I've seen excellent games with, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago and many others where officiating was a class act and impartial.

But just because it isn't a scandal does NOT mean that there are those who are NOT complicit in its intent to deceive or be impartial - it can be difficult to prove - but the telltale signs are there regardless and that officiating quality control must be adhered to at the very least from the American Republic's perspective. After all, we are the biggest marketplace!!! We will settle for NOTHING less than excellence!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Definitely, it's in your point of view Mr. Referee as in subjective rather than objective analysis and officiating.

Many of these officials are just plain stupid. They couldn't even tell you the difference between subjective and objective reasoning! How about you? Are you part of that herd?

If NOT, type in ....subpar officiating in pro sports....at google.com just for starters. You'll be there for a long time!

But go ahead because the Sabres are hockey's New World Order and you need to know why or why NOT

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!!

I did here. There were 4 results before it hit other topics.

Also, when I said point of view, I wasn't referring to the officials point of view. It was of the fan. Every fan has gripes with the officials. I guarantee you every sports fan out there has said "The refs really screwed us that game".

When you talk about objective and subjective analysis... isn't everything the official does subjective? He has to make a judgement as to whether it was a hooking call or a trip in his opinion.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. I've seen excellent games with, Toronto, Montreal, Chicago and many others where officiating was a class act and impartial.

But just because it isn't a scandal does NOT mean that there are those who are NOT complicit in its intent to deceive or be impartial - it can be difficult to prove - but the telltale signs are there regardless and that officiating quality control must be adhered to at the very least from the American Republic's perspective. After all, we are the biggest marketplace!!! We will settle for NOTHING less than excellence!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

You mean in a game where you weren't rooting for one of the teams?

You mean in a game where you weren't rooting for one of the teams?

It doesn't matter if I'm rooting for one or the other. The rules are to be adhered to objectively or the official should be doing a job were his judgement is NOT called into question like maybe garbage collecting!

Officiating is a privilege!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

I did here. There were 4 results before it hit other topics.

Also, when I said point of view, I wasn't referring to the officials point of view. It was of the fan. Every fan has gripes with the officials. I guarantee you every sports fan out there has said "The refs really screwed us that game".

When you talk about objective and subjective analysis... isn't everything the official does subjective? He has to make a judgement as to whether it was a hooking call or a trip in his opinion.

Look!

There are over 10 pages of links relative to the subject of subpar officiating.

It may be hard for you to fathom that something like this could exist. There's a definition to describe such a state of mind. It is called cognitive dissonance.

An official in hockey's New World Order is tasked with the objective application of rules sans subjectivity.

And your example of whether it is a hook or a trip is neither here nor there - the result of the called infraction is the same!

This is NOT about fans bitching here or there. This is about NHL officiating quality control - it is a secret the Board of Governors is loathe to reveal!!!

Despite that: GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

If you think what I said was over your head I can understand that!

A high school teacher of mine back in Buffalo used to tell the class when they could NOT comprehend rational and substantiated analysis:

..."Get your mind out of the gutter!"

In your case it applies as well albeit with slight modification.. Get your mind out of the swamp!

GO Buffalo Sabres!

You're funny. You make me giggle.

Maybe he is, but he's right on a few things:

1. NHL refs do suck.

2. Sabres are a team of great aptitude and skill.

3. Hockey is a game of excellence.

I agree with your points 2 & 3 in their entirety!

I do NOT think all officiating in the NHL sucks even when the Sabres lose but they got out played by the other team's aptitude and skill and NOT some blown calls by the officials.

And as for your opening statement, I am definitely NOT crazy and only those who cannot argue the merits will resort to that moniker! Obviously, NOT you or many other worthy members of the Sabres Republic!!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Is Torres actually playing or catching rats? I haven't heard his name yet during the broadcast.

He was on the ice for that goal by Taffi.

There is a rat line in here someplace but I am getting some chow before I think of something.

In the meantime, anybody?

Guest Sloth

Anyone have a link to the game? ATDHE.net wasn't panning out for me. And I'm on spring break so I need some excuse to drink! Let's go Buffalo! :beer: :beer:

Lindy says "That's one on me" after the too many men penalty. One more bit of evidence. It's time.

What's with the "taunting" organ music after Miller makes a save? Sounds like Miilllllll-errrrrrrr to me.

Good to hear that Rob's only a little under the weather. We'll find on tomorrow that he had a head transplant or something.

Archived