GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm, Versus

LETS GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

I'll be at the game tonight.. Sec 329 Row 12.. Go Sabres!! :pirate:

Now. If you come with me, this will be the moment of something new, and fun, and inspiring in this GOD FORSAKEN business. And we will do it together. So... who's coming with me? who's coming with me? Huh? Who's coming with me? WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

This is embarrassing..

any chance Lindy puts together a smurf line? Ennis-Roy- Gerbe

This would be great, especially when Myers and Tallinder are the defensive pair behind them.

As much as I prefer Hecht at the wing, I'd go

Ennis-Hecht-Pominville

Vanek-Roy-Mancari

Gerbe-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Stafford

Conventional wisdom might say to promote your more experienced player (Stafford) back up to the second line...but his play simply does not merit this.

By the way, I think this might've gone unsaid in the last game thread...

With Pominville's 3 point performance last night, he moves past 300 points on his career (up to 302 now).

Congrats to Jason, whose durability seems to make him a bellwether for the team. When the population of Pominville is rising, the Sabres just seem to function better. Here's hoping his current hot streak extends to the playoffs!

This would be great, especially when Myers and Tallinder are the defensive pair behind them.

As much as I prefer Hecht at the wing, I'd go

Ennis-Hecht-Pominville

Vanek-Roy-Mancari

Gerbe-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Stafford

Conventional wisdom might say to promote your more experienced player (Stafford) back up to the second line...but his play simply does not merit this.

Vanek's out though, right?

I should probably buy my ticket for this game at some point. It might actually sell out. :D

Congrats to Jason, whose durability seems to make him a bellwether for the team. When the population of Pominville is rising, the Sabres just seem to function better. Here's hoping his current hot streak extends to the playoffs!

When he and/or Vanek hit their stride this team is much harder to defend. Let's hope TV heats up as well.

Vanek's out though, right?

I should probably buy my ticket for this game at some point. It might actually sell out. :D

I wouldn't worry too much about that.. the Beantown folk are showing how much they are fair weather fans this season

Mr Gerbe meet Lurch and Lucic

Sounds like snacktime. I'm really going out of my way to see Chara and Gerbe meeting up. Hopefully Nathan makes him look silly but I get the feeling it going to be Gerbe babyfood time, strained peas!! (who thinks of this stuff)

Morning skate lines

...here's how the lines stack up at this moment:

Ennis-Hecht-Pominville

Kennedy-Roy-Stafford

Gerbe-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Mancari

The goaltending matchup will be Ryan Miller vs. Tim Thomas, who is coming off a 5-0 shutout here Saturday against Calgary.

---Mike Harrington

(www.twitter.com/bnharrington)

Morning skate lines

Ennis-Hecht-Pominville

Kennedy-Roy-Stafford

Gerbe-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Mancari

The goaltending matchup will be Ryan Miller vs. Tim Thomas, who is coming off a 5-0 shutout here Saturday against Calgary.

---Mike Harrington

I guess Gerbe had to be put somewhere, but sticking him with Grier and Gaustad is like sticking him in quicksand.

Morning skate lines

Ennis-Hecht-Pominville

Kennedy-Roy-Stafford

Gerbe-Gaustad-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Mancari

---Mike Harrington

I guess Gerbe had to be put somewhere, but sticking him with Grier and Gaustad is like sticking him in quicksand.

Sabres win this and Caps beat Sens tomorrow night, magic number would be down to 4. C'mon boys!

A regulation win eliminates Boston from the division title picture and leaves the magic number for eliminating Montreal at 1 point. So technically, a magic number of 4 wouldn't be correct, but realistically it is.

Buffalo vs. Boston! What a classic matchup. Here's to an up tempo game of aptitude and skill from both teams - NO BS!!!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

On another note, most people know that Cambridge, MA which lies within the city limits of Boston is the intellectual capital of the North East if NOT the country.

But it is also home to MIT - and let me tell you these guys are good (NOT taking anything away from RIT - also world class!)

MIT has created the open course ware project.

Folks this is the power of the internet.

Check it out:

www.cosmolearning.com

Pass it along!

Thanks MIT!!!

Archived