Mancari and Gerbe to Buffalo

wildcat48

While I agree with your point on Detroit ( I have pointed this out as well) its just as ridulous to state that all big guys become less effective in the playoffs as it is to say that all small guys do. Its just anecdotal and nothing more.

As for you again bringing in Gaustad, it is worth noting that his first 18 games were in his rookie year when he was the fourth center on a team that was loaded and his last 7 came when he returned from injury at the end of that playoff run.

I'm not even sure how much we disagree except for your seeming hatred for Gaustad and belief that faceoffs are somehow irrelevant.

I love Kennedy, think Ennis shows tremendous potential but also think that guys like Ellis, Mair, Gaustad serve a valuable function. Like everything else in life, its all about the right mix, a happy medium if you will. And if you call that hockey speak, well hockey speak like cliche's are such because they are often true.

You problem is you don't read what people actually say.

I think you're too wrapped up in little kiddie activity like posting crying jags about other user names to actually understand what you read, maybe that will improve with maturity.

No one ever say this....

"While I agree with your point on Detroit ( I have pointed this out as well) its just as ridulous to state that all big guys become less effective in the playoffs as it is to say that all small guys do. Its just anecdotal and nothing more."

But that's how kids approach things, I see this type of tantrum all the time.

I referred to skill and speed and demonstrated that those are the factors regardless of size.

That other crap is something you cooked up in that 'mind' of yours.

On my part I replied to what you actually said....

I've noticed you actually seem to have an affinity for smallish skill players. Theses type of players will ultimately get pushed around and out of the playoffs.

But then again I'm go about thing as an adult.

I think you're too wrapped up in little kiddie activity like posting crying jags about other user names to actually understand what you read, maybe that will improve with maturity.

No one ever say this....

"While I agree with your point on Detroit ( I have pointed this out as well) its just as ridulous to state that all big guys become less effective in the playoffs as it is to say that all small guys do. Its just anecdotal and nothing more."

I referred to skill and speed and demonstrated that those are the factors regardless of size.

I have no idea what the ###### you are talking about. Whenever someone questions you, you go into this inchoerent rant. I would love to do business with you. I buy and sell people like you over lunch.

No one ever say this....

I really wonder what it must be like living in your reality.

...actually, I can't think of anything I want to know less...

I have no idea what the ###### you are talking about. Whenever someone questions you, you go into this inchoerent rant. I would love to do business with you. I buy and sell people like you over lunch.

I don't know why you would ever buy him, but if you can sell him, would you be my manager?

You read what people write.

You hear what people say.

You don't read what people say.

OK, you may now return to your arrogant, insolent, overbearing, condescending, supercilious, petulant, demeaning, abrasive, and largely incoherent ramblings.

You read what people write.

You hear what people say.

You don't read what people say.

OK, you may now return to your arrogant, insolent, overbearing, condescending, supercilious, petulant, demeaning, abrasive, and largely incoherent ramblings.

Is that hockey speak?

The most dominate team in the last decade of hockey......DETROIT

Detroit's core

Zetterberg 5' 11" 195 lbs

Datsyuk 5' 11' 194 lbs

Rafalski 5' 10' 194 lbs

Lidstrom 6' 1" 190 lbs

Since when is 6'1" 190 lbs small? The only other guy on that list who is smallish is Rafalski and he overcomes that by being on of the most offensively talented defenseman in the league. You cherry picked 3 of their smallest players.

44 Todd Bertuzzi 6' 3" 225 Feb 2, 1975 35 Sudbury, ON, CAN

11 Dan Cleary 6' 0" 205 Dec 18, 1978 31 Carbonear, NL, CAN

13 Pavel Datsyuk "A" 5' 11" 194 Jul 20, 1978 31 Sverdlovsk, RUS

33 Kris Draper "A" 5' 10" 188 May 24, 1971 38 Toronto, ON, CAN

17 Patrick Eaves 6' 0" 191 May 1, 1984 25 Calgary, AB, CAN

51 Valtteri Filppula 6' 0" 193 Mar 20, 1984 26 Vantaa, FIN

93 Johan Franzen 6' 3" 222 Dec 23, 1979 30 Vetlanda, SWE

43 Darren Helm 5' 11" 195 Jan 21, 1987 23 Winnipeg, MB, CAN

96 Tomas Holmstrom 6' 0" 198 Jan 23, 1973 37 Pitea, SWE

18 Kirk Maltby ** 6' 0" 195 Dec 22, 1972 37 Guelph, ON, CAN

20 Drew Miller 6' 2" 178 Feb 17, 1984 26 Dover, NJ, USA

29 Jason Williams 5' 11" 192 Aug 11, 1980 29 London, ON, CAN

40 Henrik Zetterberg "A" 5' 11" 195 Oct 9, 1980 29 Njurunda, SWE

Defensemen# Name Height Weight Date Of Birth Age Birth Place

52 Jonathan Ericsson 6' 4" 220 Mar 2, 1984 26 Karlskrona, SWE

55 Niklas Kronwall 6' 0" 192 Jan 12, 1981 29 Stockholm, SWE

22 Brett Lebda 5' 9" 195 Jan 15, 1982 28 Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

5 Nicklas Lidstrom "C" 6' 1" 190 Apr 28, 1970 39 Vasteras, SWE

3 Andreas Lilja 6' 3" 220 Jul 13, 1975 34 Helsingborg, SWE

14 Derek Meech 5' 11" 200 Apr 21, 1984 25 Winnipeg, MB, CAN

28 Brian Rafalski 5' 10" 194 Sep 28, 1973 36 Dearborn, MI, USA

23 Brad Stuart 6' 2" 210 Nov 6, 1979 30 Rocky Mountain House, AB, CAN

Help an elder out, what does jags mean? I've seen it a couple of times. Obviously condescending but I don't quite get the meaning. Is a crying jag worse than a jag? If it's too bad, I might have to change my handle..

I came across this article today. It's a bit crass, but I do think it makes some very relevant points about online communications.

I'll be rooting for him, I just don't think it's in the cards for him though.

agreed 100%. being a bc alum and having watched gerbe's mvp performance in its entirety in the 2008 frozen four, i will venture to say that there's no one who was more eager to validate his prospects as a pro. but i have just not seen "it" to this point.

at least he'll have that bc degree going for him (i'd assume that he has some classes to finish up before he gets his degree).

Help an elder out, what does jags mean? I've seen it a couple of times. Obviously condescending but I don't quite get the meaning. Is a crying jag worse than a jag? If it's too bad, I might have to change my handle..

I came across this article today. It's a bit crass, but I do think it makes some very relevant points about online communications.

Thanks a ###### lot for the link you porksword.

Since when is 6'1" 190 lbs small? The only other guy on that list who is smallish is Rafalski and he overcomes that by being on of the most offensively talented defenseman in the league. You cherry picked 3 of their smallest players.

And how much time did he spend with Detroit during their period of dominance?

I've read your characterizations of "typical fans/posters". I assure you that the majority of the posters here are adult, contributing members of society. Business owners, corporate managers, IT personnel, and your regualar office worker types. I've had the pleasure of meeting several posters here.

I buy and sell people like you over lunch.

You're a slave trader? Do you do any Asian sex trade stuff? :ph34r: Just sayin...(I in no way advocate this!!)

...actually, I can't think of anything I want to know less...

This. (just wanted to use "hockey speak", whatever that means)

I don't know why you would ever buy him, but if you can sell him, would you be my manager?

Indeed. Like trying to sell the Chevy Nova to Mexico. No va = Doesn't go!!! (it's an urban legend but funny none-the-less)

I again apologize for losing my cool. I was trying to find some common ground and instead got an incoherent rant thrown at me. In the end I guess he was right. But I am through responding to his posts.

I don't know how you stayed so patient as long as you did.

Archived