Plans for New Sabres Jerseys Revealed

SpikeGelato

Personally, I don't see any purpose to a 3rd jersey if they're going to create a white version. 3rd jerseys exist for one reason, profit. They'll make more than enough off the white jersey and are better off waiting a few years for a 3rd.

The article says that the new 3rd jersey would only be for next season to celebrate the 40th year. I'm sure they will come up with another 3rd a few years down the line, with the main purpose again of making a profit.

The article says that the new 3rd jersey would only be for next season to celebrate the 40th year. I'm sure they will come up with another 3rd a few years down the line, with the main purpose again of making a profit.

A completely new jersey that they never wore before to celebrate. It seems so pointless. Oh well, it's nothing to burn the arena down over.

I'd love to see a third jersey that makes fun of the slug. A sabre piercing the slug or something. It would fly off the shelves.

I'd also enjoy seeing the Goathead in blue and gold.

I hear ya - and also hold a (secret) affinity for the goathead. But don't say things like this publicly. ;-). If the Quinn-meister reads them he'll think it's OK to "dump" the original logo again.

A completely new jersey that they never wore before to celebrate. It seems so pointless. Oh well, it's nothing to burn the arena down over.

It's the old Buffalo Bisons jersey from way back. Not the bottle cap one everyone is familiar with.

I have one, but I need to dig it out and I'll take a pic. I can't find it on the internet from a quick search. It almost looks like a Habs white jersey but the word Buffalo was scripted in blue, like in the prototype. It is a nice, simple jersey.

Simpler is better. Get rid of the number on the front of the jersey(how many other teams adopted this Quinny innovation?), get rid of the small crossed sword logo(just for the 3rd, not for the primary jerseys) and they would at least be going in the right direction.

It's the old Buffalo Bisons jersey from way back. Not the bottle cap one everyone is familiar with.

I have one, but I need to dig it out and I'll take a pic. I can't find it on the internet from a quick search. It almost looks like a Habs white jersey but the word Buffalo was scripted in blue, like in the prototype. It is a nice, simple jersey.

Please do. I'm curious to see that. But still, to celebrate their 40th anniversary, they show homage to a jersey older than 40 years? Stupid marketing ploys.

Simpler is better. Get rid of the number on the front of the jersey(how many other teams adopted this Quinny innovation?), get rid of the small crossed sword logo(just for the 3rd, not for the primary jerseys) and they would at least be going in the right direction.

Is it a Quinnovation? I thought that Dallas, with their "basketball-style" sweaters, were the first.

I like the number on the front. Doesn't hurt, only helps.

I'd love to see a third jersey that makes fun of the slug. A sabre piercing the slug or something. It would fly off the shelves.

I'd also enjoy seeing the Goathead in blue and gold.

The logo wasn't a goat it was John Rigas. You can tell because of the white hair and the one eye that was way off center.

I hear ya - and also hold a (secret) affinity for the goathead. But don't say things like this publicly. ;-). If the Quinn-meister reads them he'll think it's OK to "dump" the original logo again.

I had always hoped they would make a blue and gold version of the red jersey with the goat head on the shoulder. That would be sweet.

Archived