[OT] ######, Pennsylvania, Penn's Woods

PASabreFan

I like how the filter has a default length for the number of #s it uses to blank out a word. ###### ###### ######. Three different words, 5 letters, 4 letters, 2 letters... but they all come out as 6 #s. It makes guessing the missing word that much harder to figure out. Yeah, normally it's obvious, but since this thing blocks words like "the", it makes the game that much harder.

It kind of reminds me of the smurfs where every single verb is replaced with the word smurf. Thank god they never aired that episode where Tallinder convinced the entire Smurf village to gang-smurf Smurfette. That would not have gone over well with the 9 year old audience.

I like how the filter has a default length for the number of #s it uses to blank out a word. ###### ###### ######. Three different words, 5 letters, 4 letters, 2 letters... but they all come out as 6 #s. It makes guessing the missing word that much harder to figure out. Yeah, normally it's obvious, but since this thing blocks words like "the", it makes the game that much harder.

It kind of reminds me of the smurfs where every single verb is replaced with the word smurf. Thank god they never aired that episode where Tallinder convinced the entire Smurf village to gang-smurf Smurfette. That would not have gone over well with the 9 year old audience.

:w00t:

This is an oldie (in internet terms, it was around when I was in HS in the early 90s), and IT IS NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK), CHILDREN, AND PEOPLE OF HIGH MORAL FIBER:

http://www.mit.edu/people/daveg/Humor/HumorLocker/Really.crude/smurfs

Yes, it's pretty messed up.

thanks to cheese - i will go with P-A from here on out.

PASabreFan doesn't get blocked, so what if we combine other would be blocked words into one? Here's a test run:

######SabresPA

Ok, so the first word (the f-bomb) did get blocked but our other banned word did not. Strange. Now I'm kind of curious to test out this system completely. The mods will just love me.

This is an oldie (in internet terms, it was around when I was in HS in the early 90s), and IT IS NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK), CHILDREN, AND PEOPLE OF HIGH MORAL FIBER:

http://www.mit.edu/people/daveg/Humor/HumorLocker/Really.crude/smurfs

Yes, it's pretty messed up.

This week's understatement of the year. Wow. :unsure:

I think someone really doesn't like it when they pay full dollar for an office call and get the physicians assistant.

shrader, SDS already admitted it was a prank of some sort. I have to assume I am the butt of the joke. Frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

If the moderators have that big of a problem with me, I am more than happy to solve the problem for them.

I think someone really doesn't like it when they pay full dollar for an office call and get the physicians assistant.

shrader, SDS already admitted it was a prank of some sort. I have to assume I am the butt of the joke. Frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

If the moderators have that big of a problem with me, I am more than happy to solve the problem for them.

I really wasn't sure what he meant when he said that. I wasn't sure whether or not there was a little sarcasm in that post. Now I'm kind of curious of how the whole thing works though. If I go with the lower case version, does it still get blocked:

######

######

pain

PAin

edit: That's a yes.

Relax... one of your friends was having fun with you. I removed it.

Shrader, you have the choice to match exactly or "loose". So, where is you want to be able to type "Babcock", there is probably no legit words with the f-bomb in them. So one you match exactly and the other is a loose match.

Shrader, you have the choice to match exactly or "loose". So, where is you want to be able to type "Babcock", there is probably no legit words with the f-bomb in them. So one you match exactly and the other is a loose match.

OK, I guess my sense of humor radar is down.

OK, I guess my sense of humor radar is down.

Goes for what I said in the other thread, too. I really was just kidding. You're one of the people who make this place special, ######*. (That does not equate to being one of the "special people." That's different.)

*Yes, I did that manually.

I've been waiting for the filter that would block a word like assassin.

Archived