Torres

Buffalo Fan

Staying with the topic title instead of the season nominees for the fugliness awards I noticed this in todays Buf Snooze.

Torres was a plus-1 in the game. He was on the ice for Buffalo's final two goals after being on for Philadelphia's first. He assisted on Tim Connolly's overtime winner, passing the puck to Toni Lydman, and caused plenty of chaos in front of the Flyers' net on his second shift of the game. Torres, however, was far from happy with his play.

"[The second shift] was about all I did it seemed," he said. "I didn't feel all that great about the way I played. I think some nerves got to me a little bit and I want to clean that up a little bit. The assist helped for sure. It gives you more confidence when you can be involved like that but I know I still have room for a lot of improvement."

Torres echoed what Lindy Ruff said after the game, that the adjustment to the Sabres' system will take some time.

"The neutral zone forecheck is a little different for one thing," he said. "You have to think a little more, especially when you first get here. And when a player like me has to think too much, it can effect my game so I have to adjust to that."

Not to turn this ugly or into another OT cause thats' already happening but that comment made we wonder about the system overall. If it requires that much thought vs reaction and just playing could that make us look so out of sync at times? Of course I'm not worried because I'm sure we would simplify it and not pull a DR frakenstein and make it even more complicated trying to get more scoring or better play. :unsure:

I do really like what he said about his own play and agree with his self asessment.

Torres' hustle has been outstanding. Its going to start grinding on me seeing him on the grinding line for much longer. He has definately looked lost at times offensively, but I think once the system clicks, he's good to go. Hey, Stu Barnes was almost invisible (from my recollection) until the playoffs, then was clutch.

Oh and you call yourself hockey fans and forget the hands down ugliest sonavabitch ever.

Tim Hunter.

74994354.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5D27FF7886D5D8172105D2150CDA6D4EA13F10AF4B8936EE7

"You have to think a little more, especially when you first get here. And when a player like me has to think too much, it can effect my game so I have to adjust to that."

I'd love to hear his tone when he said that because by reading it, I get the feeling that he has a great sense of humor. I can't be sure though.

Staying with the topic title instead of the season nominees for the fugliness awards I noticed this in todays Buf Snooze.

Torres was a plus-1 in the game. He was on the ice for Buffalo's final two goals after being on for Philadelphia's first. He assisted on Tim Connolly's overtime winner, passing the puck to Toni Lydman, and caused plenty of chaos in front of the Flyers' net on his second shift of the game. Torres, however, was far from happy with his play.

"[The second shift] was about all I did it seemed," he said. "I didn't feel all that great about the way I played. I think some nerves got to me a little bit and I want to clean that up a little bit. The assist helped for sure. It gives you more confidence when you can be involved like that but I know I still have room for a lot of improvement."

Torres echoed what Lindy Ruff said after the game, that the adjustment to the Sabres' system will take some time.

"The neutral zone forecheck is a little different for one thing," he said. "You have to think a little more, especially when you first get here. And when a player like me has to think too much, it can effect my game so I have to adjust to that."

Not to turn this ugly or into another OT cause thats' already happening but that comment made we wonder about the system overall. If it requires that much thought vs reaction and just playing could that make us look so out of sync at times? Of course I'm not worried because I'm sure we would simplify it and not pull a DR frakenstein and make it even more complicated trying to get more scoring or better play. :unsure:

I do really like what he said about his own play and agree with his self asessment.

1. I like this thoughts, a lot. I think he's going to be ok here; I really do.

2. The Buffalo News can't figure out the difference between affect and effect? Look, that's not being grammar-Nazi on someone's post; this is supposedly a professional news organization. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

So did one of the mods put it in there or was there some software designer that really hates certain states?

I had a regular here go through the list and eliminate the ones that went overboard. That poster snuck that one in for giggles. I just uploaded the list.

I had a regular here go through the list and eliminate the ones that went overboard. That poster snuck that one in for giggles. I just uploaded the list.

I am so sorry to say the following:

1) SDS didn't trust me, so it wasn't me!

2) I wouldn't have thought of it.

3) If I had thought of it, it would have been someone different. Someone more innocuous, like OhioFan or d4rk or something.

4) Screw it, we all know it would have been that RICO guy or one or more of the other rejects from sabresjunkie.

5) SDS, please never entrust me with responsibility.

6) PASabre, you are a walking profanity anyway, so don't be too upset.

3) If I had thought of it, it would have been someone different. Someone more innocuous, like OhioFan or d4rk or something.

4) Screw it, we all know it would have been that RICO guy or one or more of the other rejects from sabresjunkie.

I'm a walking profanity?

SDS is a liar. Nobody is responsible for this one.

Archived