Mancari gets the call

carpandean

What about Gragnani? Think he'll get a shot?

And what is up with Gerbe?? Is he injured? What is his status?

I would think that the first call up on the blue line, if needed, would be Weber. Gerbe just got back in the lineup two games ago after missing 15 games or so.

I would think that the first call up on the blue line, if needed, would be Weber. Gerbe just got back in the lineup two games ago after missing 15 games or so.

If by some chance they had the need to call up one or two defensemen, depending on the scenario, I'd have to wonder where a seasoned vet like DiPenta would rank on the call up list.

I've been wondering the same thing. He was the best thing since sliced bread after his college performance..... now you never hear about him. Even before he was inured.

You have to think this is Mancari's last chance. If he's still a passenger then he won't don a Sabres uni ever again.

Anyone with real knowledge know Gragnani's standing in the organization. Seems like he's lost the luster he had when he originally hit the club's radar.

Lindy wanted the hottest player. Mancari has like 10 points in the last seven games. Ennis is hurt, too.

Bill with all due respect, I think Lindy wanted Ennis. But, as you said, he's hurt. WIthout that injury, Ennis, not Mancari, gets the call.

Anyone with real knowledge know Gragnani's standing in the organization. Seems like he's lost the luster he had when he originally hit the club's radar.

I mentioned it in another thread, but in Darcy's interview with Schopp and the Bulldog on Friday, he said that Ennis and a couple of defensemen were progressing well and might be ready. When they asked him who the defensemen are, he said that the defensive defenseman is Weber and the offensive defenseman is Gragnani. So, I'd say that he still has that luster.

No mention of Mancari, by the way. He did also so that he still believes Gerbe is an NHLer, but that he was unfortunately hurt on his last call up.

I don't see a lot of Pirates games here in NYC, but I saw them last year when they played Bridgeport. Mancari was the only one that looked like he was ready for the NHL, but that was a year ago. With Gaustad also out, he will bring some size and net presence that we were clearly lacking against the Flyers. Maybe it will be in the back of his mind that this might be his last chance to make it with this organization. Here's hoping...

Good for Mark. This might be his last chance, and with Staff out, it is an even bigger oppurtunity for him.

I would like to see him out there with Van and TC but lets see where Lindy places him. My quess is he does the predictable thing and throws him on the 3rd line, while putting Hecht with Roy/Pommer. But either way you slice it, with Staff out, they need a right handed shooter on the top 2 lines.

I like Stafford, but with 4G and 5A in his last 23 games, somehow I doubt he's going to be missed at this point in time regardless of who replaces him.

I'm indifferent on Stafford and surly wont be counting the days until he returns. 9 points in 23 games eh, that is not from lack of playing time either, more like lack of effort.

be aware too, at this point there's only 4 call ups, now with mancari out there's 3 left except in case of emergency.

I thought after the deadline, you're allowed to call up as many as you want as long as you stay under the cap?

I thought after the deadline, you're allowed to call up as many as you want as long as you stay under the cap?

There's no active roster cap after the deadline. That is to say, if you had the max 23 players in the NHL and you traded for 2 more, you don't have to send two other players to the minors, you can keep 25 players and scratch the extras, but you can only make 4 call ups from your AHL affiliate. There is a contingency emergency plan for call ups if you drop below the needed amount, I think it's 2 or 3 extra, I'm not quite sure, but again those are only emergency and the NHL needs to approve of them. Also, you can still only have 50 contracts out at any given time. So, the only thing that really changes is that you can have more than 23 players on the NHL roster. But having people sit every night is generally not that wise an idea to begin with, crowded press box, ya know?

You do still have to stay under the salary cap though.

be aware too, at this point there's only 4 call ups, now with mancari out there's 3 left except in case of emergency.

Depending on what they've done with Stafford, this would count as an emergency call up though. If he's IRed, they needed another forward to dress a full 12.

There's no active roster cap after the deadline. That is to say, if you had the max 23 players in the NHL and you traded for 2 more, you don't have to send two other players to the minors, you can keep 25 players and scratch the extras, but you can only make 4 call ups from your AHL affiliate. There is a contingency emergency plan for call ups if you drop below the needed amount, I think it's 2 or 3 extra, I'm not quite sure, but again those are only emergency and the NHL needs to approve of them. Also, you can still only have 50 contracts out at any given time. So, the only thing that really changes is that you can have more than 23 players on the NHL roster. But having people sit every night is generally not that wise an idea to begin with, crowded press box, ya know?

You do still have to stay under the salary cap though.

OK thanks. That's more along the line of what I was thinking. When BFLO played the Caps Wednesday, their announcers said something along the lines of if they don't go above the cap they can have as many players as they wanted, which didn't make much sense to me. That would explain why they had 25 players with 5 healthy scratches.

According to WGR and Ruff converstaions, Ennis would be the first call-up, but he is currently battling some concussion related symptoms...apparently he has been tearing it up down there...

Archived