2006 Trade Deadline Thread

chileanseabass

okay you are right he could yell stuff down at the guys

becuase the coach or gm or security couldnt have him removed if he was a nucence.

Point being he can only do what you allow him to do so he wouldnt hurt the locker room if he didnt work out? Or am i wrong?

I would really like to know how he could maybe place obscene phone calls to the wives???

No, seriously how can a guy do it?

you've gotta be kidding me. do you think they'd say to him "tell ya what... this just isn't working out... it's me, not you... so from now on you can't travel with us, or practice with us, or even come to the arena, becasue we don't want you to disrupt the team chemistry. just stop by every firday and pickup your paycheck, but GOD FORBID! you better not even talk to one of your teammates."

i don't know why you changed your name Todd... looking for more credibility?

Witt to Nashville for Beech and a #1

Wonder if we're done or if a bunch of last minute deals are going to come through.

NHL.com radio is reporting that there may be deals that aren't announced up until 4:30-5pm because of filing the proper paperwork with the league office.

NHL.com radio is reporting that there may be deals that aren't announced up until 4:30-5pm because of filing the proper paperwork with the league office.

Makes sense kind of since there were reports that the Witt deal was finished this morning. But, it's after 3:00 PM so we might be done.

you've gotta be kidding me. do you think they'd say to him "tell ya what... this just isn't working out... it's me, not you... so from now on you can't travel with us, or practice with us, or even come to the arena, becasue we don't want you to disrupt the team chemistry. just stop by every firday and pickup your paycheck, but GOD FORBID! you better not even talk to one of your teammates."

i don't know why you changed your name Todd... looking for more credibility?

Witt to Nashville for Beech and a #1

thanks for the heads up on todds name changing lol.... im sure i would have found out myself later anyway through his posts.

I hope this is gonna happen. I believe there are a lot more names out there that should be on the move. Teams like Pitts and NYI still need to dump payroll.

ATL got Steve McCarthy for a 2007 pick from VAN.

Witt for a 1st rounder and Kris Beech

So Beech comes full circle as he was the Caps 1st round pick in '99 but went to Pittsburgh as part of the package for Jagr.

I would like to have seen Carney do the same. Oh, well. Maybe Buffalo will have one of those late posted trades.

Willie Mitchell from Minnesota to Dallas for Shawn Belle and Martin Skoula

Mitchell's another guy I think could've helped the Sabres

Weinrich from the Blues to the Canucks for a prospect and a 3rd

Kvasha from Isles to Coyotes for 3rd

Jamie Lundmark from Phoenix to Calgary for a draft pick

the Samsonov deal is for Marty Reasoner and a pick

Vancouver Canucks acquire defenseman Eric Weinrich from the St. Louis Blues for a prospect and a third round pick.

New York Islanders acquire third round pick from Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for forward Oleg Kvasha.

Ottawa Senators acquire forward Tyler Arnason from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for forward Brandon Bochenski. (f'n Senators)

While I would have liked to see a little more depth at the blue line, I am still happy with our lineup. The team has shown that it can win. To the complainers...Darcy is a conservative GM, so what? This team is built for the new NHL. If Darcy didn't make a move, that means the right move wasn't there. Life would be great if it were like EA sports, and you could just throw anyone out there and they would play well together. But it's not. We still have a strong team, and there are very few players that moved this year that really would have made us that much better.

Of course Darcy could have made a move for the sake of making a move, but that results in Bob Corkum.

While I would have liked to see a little more depth at the blue line, I am still happy with our lineup. The team has shown that it can win. To the complainers...Darcy is a conservative GM, so what? This team is built for the new NHL. If Darcy didn't make a move, that means the right move wasn't there. Life would be great if it were like EA sports, and you could just throw anyone out there and they would play well together. But it's not. We still have a strong team, and there are very few players that moved this year that really would have made us that much better.

Of course Darcy could have made a move for the sake of making a move, but that results in Bob Corkum.

The main problem I have with it is Regeir had ALL YEAR to make a move. Granted, Miller went down so we needed both Biron and Noronen for a while, but when he came back, Darcy had time to deal and he didnt....and for what??? We held onto Noronen all year so we could get a 2nd round pick??? That is ridiculous....what was Noronen's value at the beginning of the year??? I doubt it was much less than that...so essentially we made a deal we probably could have made 5 months ago. I wanted a top-4 defenseman and that's why I am dissappointed.

The main problem I have with it is Regeir had ALL YEAR to make a move. Granted, Miller went down so we needed both Biron and Noronen for a while, but when he came back, Darcy had time to deal and he didnt....and for what??? We held onto Noronen all year so we could get a 2nd round pick??? That is ridiculous....what was Noronen's value at the beginning of the year??? I doubt it was much less than that...so essentially we made a deal we probably could have made 5 months ago. I wanted a top-4 defenseman and that's why I am dissappointed.

I wanted a top 4 defenseman too. I am sure Darcy wanted one as well. But, it didn't happen. I could complain about gloom and doom like some of the new faces around here are, but I still think that we have a great team that is going to get a huge shot in the arm when 2 more key players come back.

I wanted a top 4 defenseman too. I am sure Darcy wanted one as well. But, it didn't happen. I could complain about gloom and doom like some of the new faces around here are, but I still think that we have a great team that is going to get a huge shot in the arm when 2 more key players come back.

This is true. Also, there were many player that Darcy could have brought in that would have been subtraction by addition....that is, the player brought in would have hurt the team more than helped.

This is true. Also, there were many player that Darcy could have brought in that would have been subtraction by addition....that is, the player brought in would have hurt the team more than helped.

My point exactly. It's just funny how I think some people honestly think that Darcy sat watching paint dry all day. I am sure he tried to bring in a top 4 defenseman that would work nicely with our system, and the price was just too high.

Goddfella, I'm sure this isn't your point but I am asking for clarification. Would you have been happier if Darcy had traded Mika away for a 2nd rounder around Christmas?

I don't have a problem with Darcy trading for a draft pick at the deadline. I think you are right and that deal was there before, but I prefer him to try to improve upon that deal over the course of the season. Heck by holding off on pulling the trigger, assuming Vancouver lost some games they wouldn't have if they had Mika, maybe the pick is a few slots better now than it would have been 3 months ago.

What was he getting offered for Marty? We'll never know that now. Whatever it was, it wasn't for what he felt Marty was worth. He is better off getting a 2nd rounder for Mika than having the 3 ring circus continuing into the off season (IMHO, even though I think Mika will pan out and be a legitimate starter in this league).

Archived