[OT] The Bills 2010 Offseason

LabattBlue

I start with this...

If Nix, Gailey and the new DC(they will hire one eventually <_<) decide that Maybin is not a fit and they decide to trade him before the draft, what could they get in return in terms of a draft pick? A 3rd rounder? More value? Less value?

Maybin was a probably the worst pick in the first round last year. He played one year in college and had decent year but that doesn't warrant a first round pick on him. They should have picked Orakpo or Oher. I bet they could have gotten Maybin early second round if they waiting, just Like what happened to Everette Brown. I doubt they could get no higher than a 4th for him, if they decided to trade him.

Let me see if I have this straight...

Gailey hires a guy by the name of Giff Smith who was the DL/recruiting coordinator at GT, doesn't have a lick of NFL experience and is hired before the DC?

Cronyism at its finest. :angry:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/26/gailey-adds-giff-smith-to-bills-staff/

Gailey hires a guy by the name of Giff Smith who was the DL/recruiting coordinator at GT, doesn't have a lick of NFL experience and is hired before the DC?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/26/gailey-adds-giff-smith-to-bills-staff/

First of many moves that is "The Transition to 3-4".

There seems to be a theme happening with all of these "hires"; familiarity.

I kinda like it. If everyone is on the same page, the goal should be easier to obtain. Of course, I'm a sucker, so maybe I'm just making all of that up to make myself believe they'll be better next year.

Smith is the new OLB coach for the Bills. More proof they are going to a 3-4 defense.

So there's going to have to be a good amount of reshuffling to convert to the 3-4, right? That should at least be something worth watching. It beats the games anyway.

From what I hear, Schobel and Keslay are as good as gone as they don't fit the 3-4 defense. But this is the happiest day in the life of Aaron Maybin... well, since signing his massive deal. lol

About Edwards, i read this somewhere earlier today-

Redskins were 5th best defense with him as LB coach. Following season, he gets promoted to DC.

Redskins down grade to 25th best defense under Edwards. He gets fired, new guy comes in.

Redskins improve to 3rd best defense.

Hmmm...

Redskins were 5th best defense with him as LB coach. Following season, he gets promoted to DC.

Redskins down grade to 25th best defense under Edwards. He gets fired, new guy comes in.

Redskins improve to 3rd best defense.

Hmmm...

I don't know how much you can read into that knowing how much Dan Snyder loves overhauling a team year after year.

The assistant coaching staff outside of DeHaven is very underwhelming. Gailey was right when he said that most of the guys he hires will be coaches you have never heard of.

I think switching to the 3-4 is going to make the rebuilding effort that much more difficult. They are 2 years of good drafting, solid free agent pickups and above average player development away from the playoffs.

The one move I did like is the hiring of the new pro personnel director/assistant GM. This to me indicates that Nix's run as GM probably won't be for more than 3 years tops and there is already a plan in place for his successor.

The assistant coaching staff outside of DeHaven is very underwhelming. Gailey was right when he said that most of the guys he hires will be coaches you have never heard of.

I think switching to the 3-4 is going to make the rebuilding effort that much more difficult. They are 2 years of good drafting, solid free agent pickups and above average player development away from the playoffs.

The one move I did like is the hiring of the new pro personnel director/assistant GM. This to me indicates that Nix's run as GM probably won't be for more than 3 years tops and there is already a plan in place for his successor.

I'd agree w/ this.

I wonder if the need to get 2 years worth of personnel in isn't part of the reason they're making the switch to a 3-4. They have the 9 pick this year; if they don't come up w/ a NT and at least 1 more linebacker they'll be drafting at least that high next year. W/ 2 years worth of talent infused in, maybe they can do something in '11.

I'm not looking forward to the '10 season.

Archived