GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I don't think it was so much turnovers in the Sabres own end the killed them in this game, but too many times D pinched up and the Canucks countered. Our Wingers were caught up too much and the Sedins are something else. When they were on the ice, our D just kept backing up. Also, no one was hitting them. At times it looked like an all-star game out there. I think the Sabres need to bring up Kasian... Kaleta, Kasian and Mair on the same line!, sit Hecht. Now there is a line that would have the opponents head on a swivel or not to their own detriment.

I think the Sabres need to bring up Kasian... Kaleta, Kasian and Mair on the same line!, sit Hecht. Now there is a line that would have the opponents head on a swivel or not to their own detriment.

1. It's Kassian, not Kasian.

2. Not that DR would ever consider it(nor should he), but I am not even sure what the rules are regarding calling up Kassian from the OHL...while he is suspended no less.

3. The physical Adam Mair is long gone for the most part. 1 good game, followed by 8 or 9 medioce to poor ones. Nobody has their head on a swivel watching out for Adam "Gretzky " Mair. There is a reason they put him on waivers. There is also a reason unknown to me while he is still in the lineup on most nights.

Terrible call, extremely annoying ref, but, again, I can't let myself believe that Fraser waived off the goal because he thought the net had been dislodged before the puck entered, then covered his ass and made up a penalty. I can't be that person who thinks professional wrestling is real. Then my world collapses, and we can't have that.

Because Frasier has never been known to make himself bigger/more important than the game, right? (Peter Bondra anyone?)

Or did a guy in his 30th year in the NHL just happen to forget for 5 minutes that he's supposed to raise his arm when he calls a penalty? Must be the senility kicking in, right? "Ooooh, yeah, I remember now, I knew I had a problem w/ that goal, I just couldn't remember what it was; it wasn't the net coming off, it was the viscious cross-check that caused the net to come off. D*mn, I sure do hope that intermission comes soon, I'm a good 5 minutes past the start of my nap."

I was shocked to see the Full Monty out on the ice for two of those goals! Shocked I tell you! There he was working hard with no idea of who was behind him and then later on there he was working hard, backing up into Miller as fast as he could.

This guy has all the defensive talent as Brian Campbell with 1/2 of his puck handling and skating skills.

With that said, I thought they played really hard last night. The forecheck was tenacious. Kennedy's ass was on fire! I take no shame in losing that game last night.

I wouldn't put the breakaway on him. MacArthur was supposed to cover the point and drop back when Monty pinches in, he was barely at the top of the circle. He's got to be aware of Sedin coming off the bench. Lydman has no choice but to take the man before the pass is made.

After a taste of entertaining hockey, and great broadcasting, it's back to Buffalo. New Jersey. MSG. Back to reality.

After watching a week of great hockey games (outcomes not witstanding) I want Buffalo to bolt to the West. Ugh.. NJ.. Talk about your buzz kill..

I wouldn't put the breakaway on him. MacArthur was supposed to cover the point and drop back when Monty pinches in, he was barely at the top of the circle. He's got to be aware of Sedin coming off the bench. Lydman has no choice but to take the man before the pass is made.

I would argue that the Full Monty needs to be aware of that player, not Mac.

I would argue that the Full Monty needs to be aware of that player, not Mac.

Agreed and I also have been watching Montador's game for the last 2 months and those gaffe's have been there all along at least 1-2 per game they just started regularly ending up in the net. At this point I would rather see Sekera given the chance to get better even if he has 1-2 give aways per game.

I was totally kidding. It just happens to be a weird coincidence. I don't think the players know or care whether Rick and Harry are broadcasting the games on MSG or not.

And here I was agreeing with you and now you tell me you were just kidding?! ;)

I was just taking your thought to the next logical level.

Because Frasier has never been known to make himself bigger/more important than the game, right? (Peter Bondra anyone?)

Or did a guy in his 30th year in the NHL just happen to forget for 5 minutes that he's supposed to raise his arm when he calls a penalty? Must be the senility kicking in, right? "Ooooh, yeah, I remember now, I knew I had a problem w/ that goal, I just couldn't remember what it was; it wasn't the net coming off, it was the viscious cross-check that caused the net to come off. D*mn, I sure do hope that intermission comes soon, I'm a good 5 minutes past the start of my nap."

I didn't say your scenario wasn't possible. I just can't let myself believe it.

Yeah, I think he did just forget to raise his arm.

1. It's Kassian, not Kasian.

2. Not that DR would ever consider it(nor should he), but I am not even sure what the rules are regarding calling up Kassian from the OHL...while he is suspended no less.

3. The physical Adam Mair is long gone for the most part. 1 good game, followed by 8 or 9 medioce to poor ones. Nobody has their head on a swivel watching out for Adam "Gretzky " Mair. There is a reason they put him on waivers. There is also a reason unknown to me while he is still in the lineup on most nights.

Sorry on typo, go typing to fast... either way on Kassian, Mair or any other, Sabres need someone with good hands who can bring it...

Speaking of typos (check out your medioce... mediocre... straight from the boards spelling police. Fine on Mair, sit him every other game. That being said, who in the minors do the Sabres have that can bring it consistently? Any ideas.

Speaking of typos (check out your medioce... mediocre... straight from the boards spelling police.

:blush:

That being said, who in the minors do the Sabres have that can bring it consistently? Any ideas.

4th line effort player from Portland? Cody McCormick would be the first guy who comes to mind.

:blush:

4th line effort player from Portland? Cody McCormick would be the first guy who comes to mind.

Not a bad choice and I enjoyed the blush mia culpa....

What about one that can also score? Are any of the AHL scorers the Sabres have in the pipeline ready to step up and give a few productive games in the big leagues?

Not a bad choice and I enjoyed the blush mia culpa....

What about one that can also score? Are any of the AHL scorers the Sabres have in the pipeline ready to step up and give a few productive games in the big leagues?

In the event of an injury, I'm sure Gerbe or Ennis would be the first call up(as long as it isn't Paestch at forward).

Archived