[OT] Bills targeted to move to LA

frisky

Hmm...just saw this article. I think they are one of the more likely teams that could be enticed to move.

LA Stadium bill signed and looking for a team

Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

I don't think the Chargers or Niners would move to LA. Niners are working on moving to San Jose where their HQ are. Already tried the Raiders. Chargers...can't see them moving from SD any time soon.

Hmm...just saw this article. I think they are one of the more likely teams that could be enticed to move.

Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

I don't think the Chargers or Niners would move to LA. Niners are working on moving to San Jose where their HQ are. Already tried the Raiders. Chargers...can't see them moving from SD any time soon.

As a Dolphins fan I don't want this to happen.

Honestly, I think Jacksonville is probably the most vulnerable team. As much as many of us despise the sloppy mismanagement of the Bills in recent years, they've been here 50 years. I really don't think we're going to get the Art Modell treatment vis-a-vis the Cleveland Browns, but I could be wrong.

Something about the Jags in a town like J'ville just doesn't seem to mesh. It's like the whole concept of a football franchise in that town doesn't make sense. I know because I lived there before. Sorry, but Jacksonville, IMO, is just not an NFL town.

I would say that it's a pretty sure bet that a team, Bills or other, is moved to Los Angeles. As interesting as the news will be in the upcoming years about the future of the LA team, I think it will be equally intriguing to see how these events effect the success of the USC football program. It is well documented that the Trojans are covered in LA as if they were an NFL team. However, I am sure this will change when an LA team moves in. More important than exposure: how much will revenue decline for USC if Los Angeles football fans choose the new, and undoubtedly expensive, NFL team? Who would have thought that the emergence of a professional football rival, and not a collegiate rival, could possibly hurt the Trojans?

This question to the more wise people on this forum.... few weeks ago i heard on wgr they said if Bills move, the Sabres will not last much longer then like 6-10 years because this area would not have the resources to just keep one team. Is this true? And why? Will that many businesses move because the Bills move? I'm a Bills season ticket holder so i pray they don't move and them leaving will be devastating. But the Sabres also leaving would put me on suicide watch. I live and die with the hockey team.

Actually the Chargers are most likely to move to LA. The Chargers started in LA 50 years ago and they aren't getting a new stadium in SD. Besides SD fans can make the hours drive to follow their team. If the Bills go anywhere it will be Toronto.

PTR

You may be right about the Chargers. They can relocate every year now without any complications from SD. However, Industry is not an hour away from SD. If you can get there in an hour, you must have wings. And, if you can, tell me the secret cause I haven't been able to do it ever.

Actually the Chargers are most likely to move to LA. The Chargers started in LA 50 years ago and they aren't getting a new stadium in SD. Besides SD fans can make the hours drive to follow their team. If the Bills go anywhere it will be Toronto.

PTR

Yup, I agree

I hope Jacksonville....they never sell out the games....the fan base in that region is more in tune to the college game...they don't deserve the NFL...

This question to the more wise people on this forum.... few weeks ago i heard on wgr they said if Bills move, the Sabres will not last much longer then like 6-10 years because this area would not have the resources to just keep one team. Is this true? And why? Will that many businesses move because the Bills move? I'm a Bills season ticket holder so i pray they don't move and them leaving will be devastating. But the Sabres also leaving would put me on suicide watch. I live and die with the hockey team.

Not sure I agree with that...

You look at markets where the NHL is the only major sport in town and it seems to do well.....Columbus, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and so on and so forth....the teams aren't the greatest, but they do well at the gate.

few weeks ago i heard on wgr they said if Bills move, the Sabres will not last much longer then like 6-10 years because this area would not have the resources to just keep one team. Is this true? And why? Will that many businesses move because the Bills move?

Just my uninformed opinion: Wouldn't the Bills leaving open up revenue streams for the Sabres?

That seems utterly ridiculous to me, and I believe the opposite would in fact be true.

Just my uninformed opinion: Wouldn't the Bills leaving open up revenue streams for the Sabres?

Yes, it seems to me they could jack the price of every ticket by $10 and still sell out, provided the team was at least competitive. Not to mention the added merch sales. I think OSP and LQ are probably salivating at the idea of the Bills leaving town.

On the chances of the Bills moving, I think they are pretty slim. I don't know if the NFL can intercede and block any potential move, but the community has a solid track record of supporting this team over the last 10 years despite the poor product put on the field.

On the chances of the Bills moving, I think they are pretty slim. I don't know if the NFL can intercede and block any potential move, but the community has a solid track record of supporting this team over the last 10 years despite the poor product put on the field.

Yes. I was trying to explain to a co-worker why the Bills would leave and I had a fairly hard time coming up with a good argument.

Yes. I was trying to explain to a co-worker why the Bills would leave and I had a fairly hard time coming up with a good argument.

What other argument would you need other than money? The person that buys the Bills is going to plunk down pretty close to a Billion dollars. Like any good business person they will want to recoup that investment asap. The quickest way is to take a sweetheart deal in another city.

Not sure I agree with that...

You look at markets where the NHL is the only major sport in town and it seems to do well.....Columbus, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and so on and so forth....the teams aren't the greatest, but they do well at the gate.

You really need to remove the three canadian teams from your example. They don't represent the american interest in hockey. I'd probably remove Columbus too since they have the major draw of Ohio State.

But anyway, the idea that the Bills leaving would screw over the Sabres seems absolutely absurd to me. I can't think of any possible explanation for what that would happen.

I just don't think LA is a NFL town. How many teams have come and gone through LA? And, if they put in a crappy team, their attendance is going to be crappy. See LA Rams, LA Raiders...not sure about LA Chargers. When it comes to football, all I ever see around is USC or UCLA. Raiders if anything. Never see any Chargers north of southern OC. I don't know. I think it's just another disaster in the making for the NFL. Honestly, I'm amazed the LA Kings are still here. Staples center sucks ass. It's like a masoleum. No character and no atmosphere. How come no one ever talks about the Kings moving? I don't think they can even give tickets away.

I just don't think LA is a NFL town. How many teams have come and gone through LA? And, if they put in a crappy team, their attendance is going to be crappy. See LA Rams, LA Raiders...not sure about LA Chargers. When it comes to football, all I ever see around is USC or UCLA. Raiders if anything. Never see any Chargers north of southern OC. I don't know. I think it's just another disaster in the making for the NFL. Honestly, I'm amazed the LA Kings are still here. Staples center sucks ass. It's like a masoleum. No character and no atmosphere. How come no one ever talks about the Kings moving? I don't think they can even give tickets away.

Attendance is meaningless in the NFL. It's all about the Corporate dollar. Fans can hang on to all the sentimental BS they care to. In the end it wont mean a thing.

What other argument would you need other than money? The person that buys the Bills is going to plunk down pretty close to a Billion dollars. Like any good business person they will want to recoup that investment asap. The quickest way is to take a sweetheart deal in another city.

If that did ever happen, I'm guessing a Baltimore-cleveland type of deal would happen. Buffalo would only be without the bills for a short while. Given your stance on the bills, you should root for this scenario. An expansion team would certainly be better than this mess.

If that did ever happen, I'm guessing a Baltimore-cleveland type of deal would happen. Buffalo would only be without the bills for a short while. Given your stance on the bills, you should root for this scenario. An expansion team would certainly be better than this mess.

I don't know. The NFL seems to have hit a sweet spot at 32. The math works with 8 divisions of four. How do you add 1 or even two more teams? Would require major realignments and the end of age old rivalries, and some divisions would have really screwy schedules.

Also, the talent pool is so diluted as it is that a half dozen teams have almost no shot at winning from week to week. There just aren't enough quality quarterbacks, in my estimation, to expand any further. Arguably, there aren't enough to staff the existing teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no further expansion beyond 32 teams. That's not to say that the league wouldn't push any existing franchise looking to move into Buffalo.

Archived