GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

What an interesting game...sort of the best and worst this year so far. Myers, the General on a penalty shot, Hecht (HECHT!), Connolly - Gaustad with a solid "don't touch my goalie" statement.

Then we have Miller's fan behind the net, and at times it seems a total break down of defense, and a PP that looks anemic at times.

A win's a win and I appreciate the 6-3 score but a couple Isle's chances that convert and it's a totally different game. Tavares missed two open nets before we put it out of reach. I'm not complaining though. Still, the Sabres did enough things wrong to not be comfortable heading into tomorrow night. I think that's a good thing, too. Atlanta beat NJ big tonight so I don't think we'll take them lightly. Gotta give Miller the night off after facing 39 shots tonight.

Myers STILL hasn't lost in regulation in his career. Coincidence? I think not.

GO SABRES!!!

A win's a win and I appreciate the 6-3 score but a couple Isle's chances that convert and it's a totally different game. Tavares missed two open nets before we put it out of reach. I'm not complaining though. Still, the Sabres did enough things wrong to not be comfortable heading into tomorrow night. I think that's a good thing, too. Atlanta beat NJ big tonight so I don't think we'll take them lightly. Gotta give Miller the night off after facing 39 shots tonight.

GO SABRES!!!

Yup, This Myers fella is something special, no doubt about it.

GO SABRES!!!

Back in first place... I really like this team... Butler, Myers, Paille, Kaleta, Hecht, MacA all with a good game..

Hecht was everywhere tonight. I don't like bumping him up to the first line though. I love the way that Grier-Kennedy-Hecht line can grind along the boards and I'd like to see that stay together as much as possible. Yes, he earned being bumped up, but I still wouldn't do it.

It also looks like Paille earned another start. When Vanek's back, I'd move Ellis up to the press box.

Uh oh...Kaleta is on pace for a 30 Goal season!

In all seriousness though, I am really starting to love his game. He is proving that he can provide solid enough play to warrant being out there for regular shifts, and not the 2 minutes per game that Peters was getting.

Not one of Buffalo's great games this season but good enough to beat the Islanders. I think this was the first game they were actually outshot. Another good test tomorrow night against a team that was lower than them in the standing last year. They need to win tomorrow night as well.

I'd say the bigger test is to see how they play in the 2nd of back to back games.

GO SABRES!!!

C'mon. That is usually the difference in every game. The team that turns their chances in to goals wins. You can say but and if about every game.

Ok, now I am starting to get scared. The Sabres are actually playing well? I don't want to be a pessimist, but I hope these guys continue to prove me (and a few other realists) wrong.

This team has been working hard in all of their games and outshooting everyone until tonight. Hopefully they will have a better game defensively against the Thrashers. Buffalo is definetely capable of making the playoffs this year. This team is alot better than last years team. Yes almost everyone is the same but they are hustling more and sticking up for each other compared to last years team.

I'd say the bigger test is to see how they play in the 2nd of back to back games.

Good news is Atlanta played in NJ tonight, so they're getting ready to board a flight. They have the shorter straw...

Archived