Stafford w/ 4th line, Myers w/ Hank, GR can't spell

tom webster

3 extra forwards skating together as a line. What exactly is the problem with anything that was written? :unsure:

5 or 6 typos in a two paragraph release, a reference to a "5th line" which I assume implies a belief that 5 forward lines might actually be allowed in a game, and the fact that that forward line is composed of two forwards and a D-man.

The only reason they can even form that "5th line" is that Mair is on IR, which they should be careful with if he is healthy enough to be skating with a 5th line.

Edit - OK, only three typos - A "contract" drill? and mispelling peach and cider boy.

The 5th line? Who wrote and edited this piece of garbage?

a reference to a "5th line" which I assume implies a belief that 5 forward lines might actually be allowed in a game

fwiw, i have seen that term -- a "5th" line -- used in the past as a reference to how hockey coaches deal with their players who were prepared to practice, but are not expected to dress for the game.

fwiw, i have seen that term -- a "5th" line -- used in the past as a reference to how hockey coaches deal with their players who were prepared to practice, but are not expected to dress for the game.

Haven't seen that reference before, as the 3 extras would normally consist of two forwards and a D-man. Even less if the team was so frugal that they weren't carrying a full compliment of players.

Haven't seen that reference before, as the 3 extras would normally consist of two forwards and a D-man. Even less if the team was so frugal that they weren't carrying a full compliment of players.

Paetsch has been practicing as a forward.

Nobody else curious at to why Pallie is on the "5th line", not to mention Stafford on the 4th.

Nobody else curious at to why Pallie is on the "5th line", not to mention Stafford on the 4th.

I'm more surprised he is on the roster. If Kennedy plays well and there are no other injuries, I could see them waiving him with the hopes that somebody takes the salary off their books.

Paille is on the 5th line because, as of now, his effort sucks, and he will be wearing a suit and tie tomorrow.

Stafford is probably a game time decision with the concussion, and this organization is absolutely in LOVE with Kennedy. That, or they are placing marketing decisions above hockey decisions in an effort to help the gate, a la the Bills.

I'm more surprised he is on the roster. If Kennedy plays well and there are no other injuries, I could see them waiving him with the hopes that somebody takes the salary off their books.

When has the current administration ever done that?

Paille is on the 5th line because, as of now, his effort sucks, and he will be wearing a suit and tie tomorrow.

Sure, but he was skating on the 4th line as recently as this week. So Stafford gets hurt, they keep Kennedy, Kennedy inserted into Stafford's slot in the top 6, lines shuffled, Stafford practices with 4th line, Paille demoted to bench (5th line). :unsure:

Stafford is probably a game time decision with the concussion, and this organization is absolutely in LOVE with Kennedy. That, or they are placing marketing decisions above hockey decisions in an effort to help the gate, a la the Bills.

Is Kennedy really a draw? Like Kaleta? :unsure:

Sure, but he was skating on the 4th line as recently as this week. So Stafford gets hurt, they keep Kennedy, Kennedy inserted into Stafford's slot in the top 6, lines shuffled, Stafford practices with 4th line, Paille demoted to bench (5th line). :unsure:

All of South Buffalo will be there tomorrow night. He has all the attraction of Kaleta, but may actually play significant minutes and put the puck in the net!

Or maybe they feel that second line with Kennedy is really developing some chemistry and they don't want to eff it up. And wasn't Stafford on the line with Roy and TV?

Whether they are right or not, they really believe Kennedy to be a true 2nd line center capapble of 50 to 60 points. For that matter, they think Kaleta is a true talent capable of eventually contributing as a third liner.

On the question of it being some pr gimmick, how many people actually buy tickets to see anyone other then true elite talent? The tickets they are having trouble selling aren't the ones some hockey groupie is going to buy.

Finally, I know that this administration doesn't waive players with the hope that someone picks them up but with his low salary I don't think its as much as a gamble as say waiving Hank and him ending up in Portland. If Paille ends up in Portland, it costs them around $1.2 million.

All of South Buffalo will be there tomorrow night. He has all the attraction of Kaleta, but may actually play significant minutes and put the puck in the net!

Or maybe they feel that second line with Kaleta is really developing some chemistry and they don't want to eff it up. And wasn't Stafford on the line with Roy and TV?

I'm sure you meant the second line with Kennedy. And yes, Stafford was with Roy and TV but the tin man moved up to replace Stafford when he got hurt.

Ruff says Myers starting

"In all likelihood, yeah, he’s going to play with Toni being out," Ruff said. "He’s played well. He maybe started a little slow, but his last few games he played very good hockey for us. He’s earned it. He’s earned the right to play. He’s played as good or better than some of our other players."

5 or 6 typos in a two paragraph release, a reference to a "5th line" which I assume implies a belief that 5 forward lines might actually be allowed in a game, and the fact that that forward line is composed of two forwards and a D-man.

The only reason they can even form that "5th line" is that Mair is on IR, which they should be careful with if he is healthy enough to be skating with a 5th line.

Edit - OK, only three typos - A "contract" drill? and mispelling peach and cider boy.

The thing has been edited a couple times from what I can tell since there is more now material in it than when I first read it. Anyway, I would think that if anyone was trying to imply that the line could play in a game they would say "THE 5th line" instead of "A 5th line", but that's just me. We're really nitpicking here.

The thing has been edited a couple times from what I can tell since there is more now material in it than when I first read it. Anyway, I would think that if anyone was trying to imply that the line could play in a game they would say "THE 5th line" instead of "A 5th line", but that's just me. We're really nitpicking here.

Fair enough. Maybe I was too harsh.

I have a low tolerance for the crap put out by what portrays itself as "the professional media". I deal with my local media on an ongoing basis, and am repeatedy astounded at their ability to find their way to the station each day.

If Stafford can play, wouldn't it make sense for him to go on the 2nd line with Kennedy and Pommer?

TC-Roy-Vanek

Kennedy-Pommer-Stafford

Goose-Grier-Hecht

Ellis-Kaleta-MacArthur

I think he would normally be on the top 2 lines with Paille and MacArthur battling for the last spot in the lineup when kennedy is up and playing ... but first game it might not be bad to just spot him on the 4th line and PP given that his conditioning is probably not all the way there yet.

Fair enough. Maybe I was too harsh.

I have a low tolerance for the crap put out by what portrays itself as "the professional media". I deal with my local media on an ongoing basis, and am repeatedy astounded at their ability to find their way to the station each day.

Standards of journalism have really fallen, ridiculously so. It is one of the failures of mankind I had hoped not to see during my lifetime.

I blame it on television, how is 'reality tv' even allowed on the airwaves??

Archived