[OT] Spelling

inkman

The one that's always given me trouble is Penalize. Can't stand it. If it's a pen-al-tee, while is he pee-nal-ized and not pen-al-ized. Oh, and from Rochester, Crayon has no y or o. it's a cran.

My wife and her family all insist on calling them "crens." I didn't mind when we didn't have kids, but now we do and they go to school asking their teacher for a new "cren." The teacher tries telling them that it's "cray-on," but they (my kids) insist that it's not because "mommy said so." It's getting a little irritating to go to PT conferences and explain that my wife's family is from pronunciationexemptville. That also raises eyebrows.

The one that bugs the hell out of me is "lackadaisical" vs. "laxadaisical".

You can either be lax, or you can be lackadaisical, but you can't be "laxadaisical."

An annoying one is 'in REGARDS to'. The correct word/phrase is 'in REGARD to'.Singular.

Illiterate schm76567cks.

You can give my 'regards' to broadway.But thats about it.

This is what you do on vacation? Really? Take a page from chz: get a bottle of tequila, throw the lemon over your shoulder, drink the shot, tongue the worm.

Daydrinking isn't my thing. Reading good lit in the morning is my thing.

That said, I have had tequila tonight. Plenty. Tomorrow morning will be interesting.

Daydrinking isn't my thing. Reading good lit in the morning is my thing.

That said, I have had tequila tonight. Plenty. Tomorrow morning will be interesting.

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

Enjoy your hangover. A couple bloody mary's will have you feeling better in no time.

• 3 months later...

Archived