Sabres sign Jeff Cowan

Two or less

OK, this guy probably will go to Portland IMO. But c'mon, Buffalo needs another scorer on the wing and/or center. I think all the fans know this except Darcy. Mats Sundin would be perfect, even though it won't happen, but a guy like him.

Has anyone ever mentioned to Darcy that he is the GM for the Buffalo Sabres? But I guess he thinks its more important to stock up the AHL with guys that probably wouldn't make it past the sabres 4th line

Signing players for Portland is as much a part of his job as signing them for Buffalo. I have no idea why anyone would react so negatively to something simple like this. If you want to look at it another way, someone needs to be there to mentor and protect the Kennedy's, Gerbe's and Enroth's in the system so that they can continue to develop and hopefully turn into complete NHL players. How exactly is that something that people need to bash Darcy for?

Signing players for Portland is as much a part of his job as signing them for Buffalo. I have no idea why anyone would react so negatively to something simple like this. If you want to look at it another way, someone needs to be there to mentor and protect the Kennedy's, Gerbe's and Enroth's in the system so that they can continue to develop and hopefully turn into complete NHL players. How exactly is that something that people need to bash Darcy for?

But we didn't get Gaborik/Heatley/Hossa! Darcy sucks! Lindy sucks! Golisano sucks! Our team is too soft! None of them fights! They only sign fighters! Drury! Connolly gets hurt! Wah wah wah!

I have no idea why anyone would react so negatively to something simple like this.

But we didn't get Gaborik/Heatley/Hossa! Darcy sucks! Lindy sucks! Golisano sucks! Our team is too soft! None of them fights! They only sign fighters! Drury! Connolly gets hurt! Wah wah wah!

It seems as if the board has gotten extremely whiny as of late. Before it was just Deluca we had to tolerate, but some other posters have made my favorite message board slightly less enjoyable.

No way. These are no-name light heavyweights that maybe less than 10% of fans have heard of. Organizationally - they must want protection for players in Portland.

Oh, OK. Thanks for correcting me. X. has spoken. You remind me of Ronald Reagan, who once famously said, "I may be wrong, but I'm never in doubt."

SABRES SIGN JEFF COWAN is the screaming, and I mean screaming, headline on sabres.com. Who exactly are the Sabres trying to convince that they're getting "stronger, grittier, tougher, meaner"?

Darcy was a terrible GM for letting Grier of 2006 go...Darcy is a terrible GM for signing Grier of 2009.

Not saying that it makes it right, but that's the correct statement.

Organizationally - they must want protection for players in Portland.

I seem to remember him saying exactly that earlier this summer.

Oh, OK. Thanks for correcting me. X. has spoken. You remind me of Ronald Reagan, who once famously said, "I may be wrong, but I'm never in doubt."

SABRES SIGN JEFF COWAN is the screaming, and I mean screaming, headline on sabres.com. Who exactly are the Sabres trying to convince that they're getting "stronger, grittier, tougher, meaner"?

Geez man, what a douche play. Just my opinion. Nothing sacred about it. They've signed 3 guys like this.

They aren't all roster players. Season tickets are already sold.

I've never asked anybody for special status here.

No way. These are no-name light heavyweights that maybe less than 10% of fans have heard of. Organizationally - they must want protection for players in Portland.

But if a player is in Portland, he's completely worthless. Haven't you realized this yet?

Archived