The Music Thread

darksabre

15 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

In an ideal world, Terry would have gotten more accolades for co-writing this tune.

In a large part of the world (basically all of it except for America) he did.

He and Jane had a brief fling (Terry was in a relationship with another woman at the time, if I recall correctly), which resulted in this tune.  The lyrics are fantastic and a true reflection of the times then and the times now.  Rumours and innuendo running rampant and the resulting chaos ... unless *our lips are sealed*.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, was really enjoying this metal band. Yes, I'm a metal head. I was really getting into this band because the singer has an amazing voice. So I looked them up. Their name is Until I Wake. Whattya know, they are from Buffalo. Never heard of them until I came across this video. But this kid has an amazing voice. Anyone here know of them?

3 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

So, was really enjoying this metal band. Yes, I'm a metal head. I was really getting into this band because the singer has an amazing voice. So I looked them up. Their name is Until I Wake. Whattya know, they are from Buffalo. Never heard of them until I came across this video. But this kid has an amazing voice. Anyone here know of them?

Not into metal but gave it a spin.   Since there are so many genre and sub genres today, this is more like pop-metal to me.  Sounds like lots of compression and other effects on the vocals and throughout the recording.   Drums are buried in the background too much.   

I give it a B.  It has a good beat and you can dance to it.  

On 12/31/2022 at 7:48 AM, Claude Balls said:

definitely more pop sounding.. listened to other songs on Spotify and I think they need to work on their production mixing. Between this video and the spotify tracks I think a bit of sound engineering would help them tremendously.

Certainly Spotify is not the definitive place to judge sound, but my belief is that if its sounds bad on there, it's not going to sound better on a higher fidelity system/medium.

They have gotten some attention on Spotify however, so that's good.

• Like (+1) 1